The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
        I guess the enhanced rewards are just here to make people even more mad about loosing they rank due to bugs ...
       Or maybe just to make it look more than ever like a lottery ... Christmas lotteries always have better prizes ...

• Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Omniscience = Cancer.

Older planes event with Omniscience + Deploy the Gatewatch this 14/16 games of this horrible stuff today....Waste of my time

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its way too quiet on the forums these last few days.  I think I'm the only one here.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well it is Christmas @Mburn7

but what should we discuss?
    The new JTH-bug? The tv-program contains to many reruns? Or the latest offer in the vault?
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    Well it is Christmas @Mburn7

but what should we discuss?
    The new JTH-bug? The tv-program contains to many reruns? Or the latest offer in the vault?
    Eh fair enough.  Didn't realize I was the only one who didn't celebrate  :D

And I dunno.  There are a ton of new bugs, speculation on a new set (Ravnica Allegiance, coming to stores near you in early January!), another run of HoD, more bugs, a Walker Sale, more bugs, and just general goofing off to be done.

Instead its just.......empty here.  
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Narcoticsagent said:
    I missed the very high mythic/masterpiece droprate glitch. I could have bought 14 PPs in pursuit of omni of I'd known about it. I think the dev's ought to return those drop rates officially for 24-48 hours so everyone's got a chance at them. 
    Yeah that would be nice, it was a short window for a TON of easy power, and made me spend more on this game than ever have.  I wouldn't mind a second shot at it ;)
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Maybe I should've gone to this thread more often instead of making new threads to vent off sometimes, but eh...

If there's one thing I'm currently annoyed at, it's the Holiday event. Why? You have to win 12 matches to get maximum progression reward, and you only have 13 chances to play the game, and this is a legacy event, where Kiora Array and other nasty **** abound.

I'm already not fond of Trial of the Plane, where you must win 8 battles out of 12 (which means 5 losses and goodbye full progression), and I'm also a little miffed that Rising Tension starts off each node at a single charge as opposed to Across Ixalan's 3 charges per node start, which gives a LOT of chances to get full progression (a.k.a, you have to lose, like, 20? 30? games before you're guaranteed to fail completing progression reward), so the Holiday event is definitely awful for being so intolerant of losses.
  • sutoLkcalB
    sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Did I miss something? Is Omniscience offered as a giveaway?
    I did not play against it for months and now every 2nd deck has it again .... any trash deck wins with omniscience.
    I hate that card - especially because I do not have it ;) 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did I miss something? Is Omniscience offered as a giveaway?
    I did not play against it for months and now every 2nd deck has it again .... any trash deck wins with omniscience.
    I hate that card - especially because I do not have it ;) 
    A
     few weeks ago, every HOU booster had every single card with the same chance to drop.. So onmi was as likely to get as any random common from the set. Lots of us burned all resources on the packs since alone the orbs were insane. I think the best Screenshot I saw was around 17k orbs from one pp.
    I got omni that day.
  • sutoLkcalB
    sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    too bad - I missed that :(
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm tired of constantly reporting bugs for a game that is "complete" and isn't in a testing state. I'm also tired of running into bugs on a daily basis and having to change decks just to avoid other bugs. I believe I am done with this game for a while. Maybe someday they'll get things working, but I've had my fill of tinykitty in this game I think.
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm tired of the game's stability.  I can only get in two matches before the game tends to crash.  It is a real pain to close and reopen the games multiple times when I want to play an event.

You know, developers, this wouldn't be an issue if the game automatically saved its state when the game crashes, and upon restarting you could return to the game in progress, rather than the program treating the game in progress as an automatic loss.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stikxs said:
    I'm tired of constantly reporting bugs for a game that is "complete" and isn't in a testing state. I'm also tired of running into bugs on a daily basis and having to change decks just to avoid other bugs. I believe I am done with this game for a while. Maybe someday they'll get things working, but I've had my fill of tinykitty in this game I think.

I believe I made a comment that sounded similar to the bolded part above.
    It's a second job reporting every problem you come across in this game, and I've given up on trying 90% of the time.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm tired of the game's stability.  I can only get in two matches before the game tends to crash.  It is a real pain to close and reopen the games multiple times when I want to play an event.

You know, developers, this wouldn't be an issue if the game automatically saved its state when the game crashes, and upon restarting you could return to the game in progress, rather than the program treating the game in progress as an automatic loss.
    Totally agree. Lost a node earlier due to the card stuck bug, which wouldn't have been a problem had we had save state system.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I say this with deepest sincerity.

I think the dev team are the worst in history. Well, second after Hibernum.

Why and how could I possibly say this? Scandalous!

Well, apparently this game has a “luck” factor involved. No. That’s a load of horse excrement that we have been lead to believe. I don’t care about how “transparent” they have been with their algorithms and programming of “random selection”. Don’t care about the posts of programmers on this thread giving “statistical facts” to “prove” this.

These PvP events are based on **** RNG. Just brain dead senseless RNG. How is it possible that you get game after game, event after event, with constant mana deprivation and starvation while the AI cascades his way to glory?

Luck? Bad luck? No. Not buying it. I guess people who say it boils down to luck, also believe in the boogey man and leprechauns. Well, in my defense they don’t live in my country so this whole thing is a farce.

D3 and the devs were lazy from day one. Hibernum was ousted as the incompetents they were. Oktagon has done many good things to the game. However, they have still not fixed the most basic problem this game has - **** RNG. They refused to re-write the code from scratch and instead have been adding mods and patches to a dysfunctional code. Shame on you that this can go on this long!!!!!
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Torn between admiration for one of the most comprehensive rants in this thread to date, and flagging the post for personal attacks.  (The one thing I won't do is inject any reality, since that would be rather off topic here.)

• Mburn7
    Options
    I'm really getting sick of these bugs.  Lost a match to an Etali that stole an already-flipped Journey to Eternity.
    Koth then brought back a Ball Lightning every turn until I lost.  Nothing I could do about it.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @Froggy - what happened to you in order for you to loose your marbles like this?

A perfect score in The Dragon War? Spending crystals and getting tinykitten in return?
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @Froggy - what happened to you in order for you to loose your marbles like this?

A perfect score in The Dragon War? Spending crystals and getting tinykitten in return?
    The constant tiny-kitty jobs on every single PvP event. However, this last one was an exceptional abomination - for myself and multiple team members. If I wanted to watch a movie, where I have no say on the outcome, I could just do that. But I expect a game to be a fair and equal chance to play. Not the AI cascading time and again, game after game. Hence, my rant at the devs and their lazy and poor handling of this game’s overall build and the problems we face (bugs included!).
  • Tremayne
    Options
    Okay I see. Volrak has convinced me that the random number generator is not flawed.

However, I have also decided not to play for much more than progression. It was simply to stressful to use 8 hours on events like TDW and then get hit by a super cascade or a tinykitty shuffled deck in the last round. It is so infuriating when you go from top 10 to around 150th place.

They need to find a solution to this but as you wrote they can barely schedule an event without loosing control in one or more ways.