The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• LeafHedger
    LeafHedger Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ok, apparently I had a rant in me after all lol

**rants the tinykitty into madness, tinykitty now lives on a commune in Laos, won’t shut up about Chakras**
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I find it insulting that they put up an event that last more than a day for such crummy rewards. The event is also an insult on the word rewards. Poorly played Oktagon.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t know if I can muster a rant, all I can say is that BoFT part 2 is god awful. I really do genuinely hate it. It’s grindy, the objectives are matched terribly to the nodes, and most of the matches feel like you would need access to almost every card in the game, and have to spend a half hour building the perfect deck, just to have a chance. Azor’s Gateway somehow got City’s Blessing turn five, despite only having one creature with one reinforcement on the board. Instakilled me.

I don’t know what keeps drawing me back to this game to be honest. The events are insanely unbalanced, the bugs are out of control, and the developers seem to either not care, or just are in way over their heads. The thread that tracks known bugs currently has 71 bugs being investigated, 2 that they “need more information on” and 0 that are set to be fixed with the next update. There’s something very fundamentally wrong with how they built this game but I can’t figure out what it is. All I know is that if they could fix it, this would probably be the most enjoyable strategy game app on the market.

my current theory is there’s something wrong with their fundamental architecture, as in, they haven’t made a rigorous enough set of definitions for the game. There’s SO MANY moving pieces to this game, that if you don’t define every fundamental element of the game mechanics in a PERFECTLY rigorous way (ie. how cards can enter the board, how cards can leave the board, the order of implementation of different effects, general class/effect precedents, etc.) that every time you add a new elements to the system (ex. rule change, new spell or effect in an event, and NEW CARDS) you run the risk of said new element interfering with some 10,000 other elements in any number of ways. That’s why there’s so many glitches and bugs. That’s why when they fix the bugs it just seems to make more. They’re over complicating the system when they really need to go back to square one and take a look at how they would build it in a more rigorous way.
    I think you might be right
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Can't wait for 3.3 but I'm afraid we won't see it till April/May :/
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Just ranting about BfZ after playing it for the umpteenth time.........

1) You need to get 55 points out of 56 to max out rewards.
    2) Almost ALL nodes have completely contradictory objectives, meaning that you have to play each node at least twice.
    3) It runs for only two days.

I am glad that Fateful Showdown and Revolt Against Consulate have fixed those three major problems, but that still means that BfZ events, if they never get changed, SUCK.

I probably would be more positive about BfZ events if they do these to match Fateful and Revolt, but I highly doubt they'd care, really...

1) Final reward achievable at 50 points instead of 55 (which is way too close to the max score of 56)
    2) Completely reworked objectives (NO MORE CONTRADICTORY OBJECTIVES, please)
    3) Longer event duration (I mean, Fateful and Revolt are excellent for running the entire week; there should be more events like them to help spread the grind, of course with proper adjustments to node recharges where applicable. Okay, I do NOT have any complaint about Journey Through History and Tour De Ravnica running only for two days, but that's because the two of them can each be fully completed in just 4 battles, not 15)

LeafHedger said:

I don’t know what keeps drawing me back to this game to be honest. The events are insanely unbalanced, the bugs are out of control, and the developers seem to either not care, or just are in way over their heads. The thread that tracks known bugs currently has 71 bugs being investigated, 2 that they “need more information on” and 0 that are set to be fixed with the next update. There’s something very fundamentally wrong with how they built this game but I can’t figure out what it is. All I know is that if they could fix it, this would probably be the most enjoyable strategy game app on the market.

my current theory is there’s something wrong with their fundamental architecture, as in, they haven’t made a rigorous enough set of definitions for the game. There’s SO MANY moving pieces to this game, that if you don’t define every fundamental element of the game mechanics in a PERFECTLY rigorous way (ie. how cards can enter the board, how cards can leave the board, the order of implementation of different effects, general class/effect precedents, etc.) that every time you add a new elements to the system (ex. rule change, new spell or effect in an event, and NEW CARDS) you run the risk of said new element interfering with some 10,000 other elements in any number of ways. That’s why there’s so many glitches and bugs. That’s why when they fix the bugs it just seems to make more. They’re over complicating the system when they really need to go back to square one and take a look at how they would build it in a more rigorous way.
    You know, I'm not sure how much I can agree with you (either 50% or 100%), but frankly, I also do agree that the current game client has become too intolerably faulty and that it needs to be reworked from the ground up. There's so many features that they could have added but never do, and if the current client just cannot handle any more updates to put those features up, might as well rebuild....
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Why is Every deck these days a green combo deck. just did both training ground and quit 4 games as it went on over 3 mins......

only 1 game wasn't a green combo pile of £@&%. This game is getting worse. More broken **** everyday. More broken bugs that were once fixed. No new card set, no restriction on events where applicable.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Interesting, I didn’t face a single green deck today in TG.  All red or white 
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just a little passing "To hell with you RNG" post after losing too many games in ToA today from infinite AI cascades.....
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @LeafHedger I just have to commend you on the most excellent pun in your name... Both parts even work together! It's a work of art.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    @LeafHedger I just have to commend you on the most excellent pun in your name... Both parts even work together! It's a work of art.

I hadn't noticed that before, but yeah... It hurts inside (as puns do), but you can't argue the artistry.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Kinesia said:

I hadn't noticed that before, but yeah... It hurts inside (as puns do), but you can't argue the artistry.
    That pun hit me like a pie in the face.  >.<
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I suspect there will be many more game freezes/crashes with the new graphic additions and rash game changes.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Updated happened and my account is locked out and cant log in to mtgpq, on my birthday.  Thanks Octagon  :/
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Updated happened and my account is locked out and cant log in to mtgpq, on my birthday.  Thanks Octagon  :/
    Do you use Facebook to save your progress? If so, then it's likely that the issue will be resolved once Facebook is able to completely fix what's going on with their service, as even Facebook's suite of services (Facebook, Instagram, etc) are experiencing this issue.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Do you use Facebook to save your progress? If so, then it's likely that the issue will be resolved once Facebook is able to completely fix what's going on with their service, as even Facebook's suite of services (Facebook, Instagram, etc) are experiencing this issue.
    Good to know, thanks Brigby.  I'll keep trying.
  • Etan0Winters
    Etan0Winters Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Damn. Support on enters the battlefield triggers cause game freezes now too? That's a pretty fundamental aspect of gameplay.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  (sorry you can't play, go party instead  B) )