The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't gotten a mythic in months, so wasn't going to spend any more crystals until Ravnica (since I have almost all of the rares from M19).

Bought 2 purple packs this morning to try and get Zenith.  Got a Gigantosaurus and Cleansing Nova instead.  Whatever, they aren't awful.

Spontaneously decided to open an M19 pp this afternoon.  

Wanna guess what my first mythic pull in months was?  ****.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    I haven't gotten a mythic in months, so wasn't going to spend any more crystals until Ravnica (since I have almost all of the rares from M19).

Bought 2 purple packs this morning to try and get Zenith.  Got a Gigantosaurus and Cleansing Nova instead.  Whatever, they aren't awful.

ouch, friend.  That is no fun. :(

I don't use yellow crystals on packs anymore.  Just use pink crystals and orbs for the new cards.  All my yellow crystals go to planeswalker purchases and then...to more deck slots for those planeswalkers :D
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

How isn't nova awful?
    The main reasons for me to use such board wipes are :
    - to get out of a lockdown deck (where I want creatures and particulary supports to die)
    - for take x or more damage, where I hold back everything until achieved, clean the full board and then drop everything.
    It was my first mythic from M19. I didn't even bother trying it
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

How isn't nova awful?
    - to get out of a lockdown deck (where I want creatures and particulary supports to die)
    - for take x or more damage, where I hold back everything until achieved, clean the full board and then drop everything.

-- with Aj1 or Nahiri, it is a great card with Darigaaz.

but to add to your list.

-- When your opponent is playing blue... because by that point you might as well clear the board.

• Mburn7
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

How isn't nova awful?
    I haven't gotten to play with it, but mass wiping does tend to come in handy.  Especially one that works on supports.

I agree it isn't great, though.  Definitely would have preferred the Hydra if I was destined to get a mythic anyway
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I gave up on M19 Premium Packs after 10. My mythic rate was absolute garbage (2 in 10) and my rare rate was heavily in favor of dupes. I only have 16/40 M19 Rares but I pulled at least 12 dupe rares. I'm just waiting until Ravnica to purchase anything at this point.

Of the 24 remaining, I only really want 5 of them anyhow so...
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    when there's a murder who escaped police custody and is on the run less than a mile from your work...and you're informed that the company's entire security plan is "You."  #wellthat'sgoodtoknow #wasn'tinthejobdescription #hopey'allwroteawill

on topic: I wasn't able to play mtgpq at this time.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    when there's a murder who escaped police custody and is on the run less than a mile from your work...and you're informed that the company's entire security plan is "You."  #wellthat'sgoodtoknow #wasn'tinthejobdescription #hopey'allwroteawill

Is there really a topic of this thread?

And holy **** please keep all Murders in MTG. 
  • FindingHeart8
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Is there really a topic of this thread?

And holy tinykitty please keep all Murders in MTG. 
    nah...there isn't really a topic.  I mean...you're supposed to be ranting about something, otherwise we'd be having a tug-of-war with the happy thread on where the post belongs; but I don't think anyone really cares, we all cool dudes here ;)

and I see what you did there lololol.

They finally caught the guy about half a mile away from my work.  A bit of distance but considering it took them like 4 miles to catch him, he was practically at our doorstep. :o
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Glitches...glitches everywhere...

Played against an AI half my level (Sorin vs ~lvl 20 Bolas), should have been an easy win.  But the AI had 3 different glitches in a single game rule in their favor.  Legendary black/white knight (horrible with card names) disabled a Djinn of Wishes to destroy my first creature, an 80/80 angel ---Djinn of Wishes is not a knight creature, so the destroy ability shouldn't have happened.

Then when the AI cast "In Bola's Clutches," not only did it take my 2nd wave of angels (20/20) but it also destroyed destroyed both my Lich's Mastery and Settle the Wreckage.

Also my lvl 3 Sorin's ability didn't trigger on life gain, this was before I cast Lich's Mastery.

What the tinykitty man

• Mburn7
    Options

Played against an AI half my level (Sorin vs ~lvl 20 Bolas), should have been an easy win.  But the AI had 3 different glitches in a single game rule in their favor.  Legendary black/white knight (horrible with card names) disabled a Djinn of Wishes to destroy my first creature, an 80/80 angel ---Djinn of Wishes is not a knight creature, so the destroy ability shouldn't have happened.

Then when the AI cast "In Bola's Clutches," not only did it take my 2nd wave of angels (20/20) but it also destroyed destroyed both my Lich's Mastery and Settle the Wreckage.

Also my lvl 3 Sorin's ability didn't trigger on life gain, this was before I cast Lich's Mastery.

What the tinykitty man

The Aryel glitch is pretty well known by now (she ignores type).

Not sure how a Bolas' Clutches destroyed supports, but everything else about that sounds perfectly legit (not actually legit, just normal for what we've been dealing with)
  • FindingHeart8
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

What the tinykitty man

The Aryel glitch is pretty well known by now (she ignores type).

Not sure how a Bolas' Clutches destroyed supports, but everything else about that sounds perfectly legit (not actually legit, just normal for what we've been dealing with)

Last one to the party right here...

Image result for wombat with birthday hat

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Been grinding purples for the current rotation of the Elite pack to get BSZ and/or Banefire. 
    My only two pulled mythics from M19 (from 15PPs) are Gigantosaurus and Isolate. My 2400 purples meant a 6/8 chance (not in reality, I know).

Guess which two cards I didn't pull.

Edit: Should be 2400 purples
  • Mburn7
    Options
    **** the forums are completely deserted the last couple days.  Whats going on here?
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Yeah it seems pretty empty for sure
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Everyone seems to have taken a break from ranting. That’s my rant...
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Darn it, I forgot to take a screenshot when I had exactly 777 posts. :(
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Wait until all the glitches are unleashed in this new event, it'll be like Chicago here during rush hour ;)
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Wait until all the glitches are unleashed in this new event, it'll be like Chicago here during rush hour ;)
    Nah, we aren't allowed to post about the Beta here.  The only posts will be for bugs that were supposed to be fixed but weren't lol
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Nah, we aren't allowed to post about the Beta here.  The only posts will be for bugs that were supposed to be fixed but weren't lol
    A fair point.  

Though there may be people complaining about the lack of events if the update is delayed