OSCORP HEROIC - MAY 8-14

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    1:24 pm pacific standard time. Still says rewards pending. Nothing yet. Kinda ridiculous...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Brinn2 wrote:
    1:24 pm pacific standard time. Still says rewards pending. Nothing yet. Kinda ridiculous...

Whats actually kind of ridiculous is a 70+ page thread, talking about not receiving rewards, how botched everything has been for [enter relative time frame here] and no responses on anything from the people responsible for the FIASCO!

Knock, knock D3 devs? Anyone out there?
  • Unknown
    Options
    That goes without saying. No updates, no nothing. That should tell you all you need to know. It will get here when it gets here i guess. If there is a problem with the rewards being given, they will fix it, or it will be the last straw for many and they will find other games to play. This games fun, and i have only been playing for several months, but it ain't that great. lol

Ohh well have to wait and see what happens.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    ginnugap wrote:

The 24 hour qualifier has been there for a while, but it never takes this long. What's frustrating is, I haven't seen any rewards for this event but everyone else in my alliance has. Makes me wonder if something might have glitched.

What level of rewards were you at?

I was in the 151-300 band and I had my individual rewards by 7AM EST this morning.

I'm guessing a lot of the people waiting on rewards are likely in the 76-150 zone, which wasn't originally supposed to get a Daken.

Yeah, I believe I finished around 120. That could definitely be the hold up.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I am in 1-3 tier. No rewards as of now.

My pet theory is that they are having to manually reward everyone due to a combination of glitch due to event alterations while in progress and maybe checking for cheats also. I certainly saw my fair share of oddly short rosters at the top of my subs this week.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm gonna shock everyone and add that I also have not yet received ANY rewards yet. icon_eek.gif

At first I thought, "we'll I'm obv not the only one so really no need to post" but then I was like "I think I'll post anyways just to make an already ridiculously long thread even longer...plus I'm jinxed so by complaining about them they will probably get handed out 5 min later" icon_rolleyes.gif

As a side note, SOOOOO hoping the Devs take on the $1,000 Lvl 395 Lazy Daken challenge. That would be great to see.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was also in the Top 3 with nothing (personal or alliance HP/ISO) having arrived by the last time I checked.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Duffman85 wrote:
    As a side note, SOOOOO hoping the Devs take on the $1,000 Lvl 395 Lazy Daken challenge. That would be great to see.

It's already too late. The deadline was noon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not sure they understand the concept of promptness. Or investment confidence based on past performance.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Okay, I'm rolling up my sleeves and ranting a little bit now. Sure, it's not anything you haven't seen before on here, but hey, I want my feelings to be validated, too, damn it.

I guess all of my complaints really boil down to the fact that I feel like the devs have taken so many things away from the game as time's gone on - I mean, sure, they add little UI tweaks and such, but what else are they really adding to this game to make it a more enjoyable and engaging experience? I wanted to gripe about a few things they've taken/added to make the experience worse for, at the very least, many of the more hardcore player base (i.e. a lot of the people here):

- First time completion Iso bonus: gone. That's at least a thousand Iso per PvE event that's no longer available (and many events had the potential for much more than a thousand).
    - Daily alliance Iso bonus: nerfed from 25 per person to 10 per person (e.g. 500 vs 200 in a full alliance with daily players)
    - Rewards from events are taking longer to show up - and what's worse is that it doesn't affect all players equally. Some get their stuff right away, others may not "for up to 24 hours."
    - Many of the rewards that were once obtainable on your own are now alliance rewards - and yes, while I realize it isn't that hard to get into a decent alliance, you also need to be using a good team to stay in it, which likely means you're paying money to keep your roster up to spec if you're not a long-time player. That, and there's the fact that someone is putting money into the devs' bank account to make the alliance and expand it, even if you can sometimes join one without paying for it, yourself.
    - New MMR tweaks, while working "as intended", are making it impossible for many veteran players to get new covers (as they're all fighting each other in the same brackets now), whereas new players can easily pick up a few new ones with not even half of the effort. What does that tell us? That being a dedicated and paying player is bad? Seems like the devs are more interested in making a quick buck from as many people as possible (i.e. new guy gets nice, new, shiny cover and ends up needing to pay money if he wants to level them up, plus he "won" the event so easily that he believes he'll have fun with the game for a long period) instead of providing something that's sustainable for a more dedicated player base.

And I know some players like the new season mode, but it can easily become a grind, especially when the rewards offered during many of the PvPs aren't very desirable (Ragnarok and Loki, anyone? I swear I've seen them both show up at least twice in the past week alone), and god forbid that you take a break, because you're then letting your alliance down (and possibly getting kicked because they can understandably want those precious covers and you're dragging them down).

I know it's not all about the recent event, but this whole debacle kinda snowballed and made me want to say it all at once. Sorry, guys.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tonzil wrote:
    Brinn2 wrote:

Whats actually kind of ridiculous is a 70+ page thread, talking about not receiving rewards, how botched everything has been for [enter relative time frame here] and no responses on anything from the people responsible for the FIASCO!

Knock, knock D3 devs? Anyone out there?
    Mark my words. They'll just look at the numbers, 70 pages? Huge player engagement!

Uncontrolled grinding because of the gap? Clearly, they hit on the magic formula to make people play more!

And the fact that people have been frothing at the mouth? Well, I'll refer you to the article talking about how magneto is a dark avenger: http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/29/marve ... analytics/

Mark my words, to demiurge this pve was an unqualified success
  • Unknown
    Options
    To be honest, I've accepted all the changes with good grace, I understand the thinking behind the reward changes, less ISO given out during PVEs. What I don't understand is the new grouping for events. As an EU player I was screwed in this event, with brackets not based on joining time. I finished grinding at 2am and was 6th in my bracket with no more points available. I finished 35th when the event ended 3 hours later. If you are not going to bracket based on time joined you must have servers dedicated to the timezone people are in. I should only be competing against other EU players, otherwise I've no chance, and you've lost a customer.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    I'm not super keen to defend D3 after all the **** that's gone on lately, but some of these points are just silly.
    elusive wrote:
    - First time completion Iso bonus: gone. That's at least a thousand Iso per PvE event that's no longer available (and many events had the potential for much more than a thousand).

And how much extra ISO do you earn per event by being in alliance at the end of every PvE and PvP? It's at least on par with what you earned from first time completions.
    elusive wrote:
    - Daily alliance Iso bonus: nerfed from 25 per person to 10 per person (e.g. 500 vs 200 in a full alliance with daily players)

This lasted for like 3 days or something. Not sure you can complain that they tweaked something. It's still 1,400 ISO per week which is still a lot for basically doing nothing but being in ANY 20 person alliance competitive or not.
    elusive wrote:
    - Rewards from events are taking longer to show up - and what's worse is that it doesn't affect all players equally. Some get their stuff right away, others may not "for up to 24 hours."

This is frustrating, and so is the silence from the devs, but I have to imagine they're not super pleased with the delay either and are working to improve it. It sounds like there is some server transitioning going on right now that hopefully will smooth out in the near future. I'd like to think someone will address it on the forums soon.
    elusive wrote:
    - Many of the rewards that were once obtainable on your own are now alliance rewards - and yes, while I realize it isn't that hard to get into a decent alliance, you also need to be using a good team to stay in it, which likely means you're paying money to keep your roster up to spec if you're not a long-time player. That, and there's the fact that someone is putting money into the devs' bank account to make the alliance and expand it, even if you can sometimes join one without paying for it, yourself.

The only people this affects are those high level players who don't want to join an alliance. I'm seeing less and less of these high rollers in the wild. It's just something they/we have to accept. That being said, there are WAY more people getting these rewards now then before alliances. There are at least 5 people in our Alliance that would rarely if ever see 3* rewards but now get them on a regular basis. I mean, hell, 150 alliances got/will eventually get the alliance reward. That's probably
    close to 3,000 people. I bet pre-alliances that number was closer to 1,000 or less.
    elusive wrote:
    - New MMR tweaks, while working "as intended", are making it impossible for many veteran players to get new covers (as they're all fighting each other in the same brackets now), whereas new players can easily pick up a few new ones with not even half of the effort. What does that tell us? That being a dedicated and paying player is bad? Seems like the devs are more interested in making a quick buck from as many people as possible (i.e. new guy gets nice, new, shiny cover and ends up needing to pay money if he wants to level them up, plus he "won" the event so easily that he believes he'll have fun with the game for a long period) instead of providing something that's sustainable for a more dedicated player base.
    elusive wrote:
    And I know some players like the new season mode, but it can easily become a grind, especially when the rewards offered during many of the PvPs aren't very desirable (Ragnarok and Loki, anyone? I swear I've seen them both show up at least twice in the past week alone), and god forbid that you take a break, because you're then letting your alliance down (and possibly getting kicked because they can understandably want those precious covers and you're dragging them down).

As much as it's annoying now, it's still only Season 1. Posts by IceIX and Will have shown they are at least NOTING our concerns so there is hope of improvement for Season 2. However, I'm definitely not going to keep playing this game if it requires the same day and night grind that it currently does. Too much focus is being put on playing at the right times and perfecting your rubber banding instead of having fun playing a match 3 game and beating up on other super heroes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I took #1 in main and I still have not gotten my personal or alliance rewards.

I feel a little bit like I have finally arrived to be able to say "I'm in the same boat as EvilSonGoku." I also took #1 in my main bracket, and have not got my personal or alliance rewards yet.

From alliance chat, a few guys have picked up their personal rewards, but they started the Oscorp event pretty quickly. (Nobody has seen alliance rewards yet.) I usually don't start events right away, so I'm used to waiting for my rewards to show up, but this is a considerably longer wait than normal--we're at over 17 hours from the end of the event now.

By the way, the pattern I've noticed for rewards coming out is this: the server checks the rewards for the first-filled main bracket and hands out their individual rewards--this is going to be the people who started at the very beginning of the event. Then the server checks the second-filled bracket, hands out individual rewards, and so on. Once every member of a given alliance has received their individual rewards, the server hands over their alliance rewards--so if everyone in your alliance joins early, you should get your alliance rewards before an alliance where some members join later on. (Please jump in if I've erred in this explanation anywhere.)

I can think of a few major possibilities as to why most of the rewards are delayed: 1) server died; 2) bug introduced from resetting code early in the event or resetting the reward tier cutoffs midway through the event; 3) bug introduced during the multi-server "sharding" process; or 4) devs are in a relevant high-level meeting and decided to delay rewards until they make some decision or another.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    ginnugap wrote:
    Carnajs1 wrote:
    It's a pain in the butt not getting the Daken yet simply because of anticipation, but I did notice right after ending that it said you will receive rewards within 24 hours. I don't remember getting that message before, so perhaps I just hadn't paid attention to it in the past, did anyone else notice it?

I suppose it shouldn't be concerning unless midnight est passes and nothing has come.

The 24 hour qualifier has been there for a while, but it never takes this long. What's frustrating is, I haven't seen any rewards for this event but everyone else in my alliance has. Makes me wonder if something might have glitched.

What level of rewards were you at?

I was in the 151-300 band and I had my individual rewards by 7AM EST this morning.

I'm guessing a lot of the people waiting on rewards are likely in the 76-150 zone, which wasn't originally supposed to get a Daken.
    I ended in 12th and have yet to see my individual or alliance rewards :s
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seriously, sean, you still haven't answered.

How high did your scaling end up getting with you grinding it down to 1 multiple times?
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    oops posted twice by mistake
  • Unknown
    Options
    elusive wrote:
    Okay, I'm rolling up my sleeves and ranting a little bit now. Sure, it's not anything you haven't seen before on here, but hey, I want my feelings to be validated, too, damn it.

I guess all of my complaints really boil down to the fact that I feel like the devs have taken so many things away from the game as time's gone on - I mean, sure, they add little UI tweaks and such, but what else are they really adding to this game to make it a more enjoyable and engaging experience? I wanted to gripe about a few things they've taken/added to make the experience worse for, at the very least, many of the more hardcore player base (i.e. a lot of the people here):

I know it's not all about the recent event, but this whole debacle kinda snowballed and made me want to say it all at once. Sorry, guys.

I definitely agree with all of your complaints and have noticed myself that they seem to care more about expanding player base than catering to veterans. Unfortunately I can actually understand why they would do that (at least from my experience). When I first played the game I loved it, was instantly hooked, and figured out right away that roster space was going to be a problem based on how they (cleverly) structured it. Feeling like I was getting great value and a great gaming experience I had no problem putting money into the game to expand my roster. I even converted some Best Buy giftcards I got for Xmas into iTunes gift cards (they sell them at BB!) to buy more HP so they definitely converted me to a paying player and have made their money on me.

Problem is that I'm really not going to spend as much now that I have a solid 2** roster and two maxed 141s with other nicely covered 3*s. Luckily I am in a great alliance that places high enough to stay HP neutral or even positive. I no longer feel the "need" to spend real money on the game like I did in the beginning. Sure I'd like to fast track my 3*s to be fully covered but they made it very obvious by pricing the covers at 1250 HP EACH that you'd have to be a mad man to spend your precious HP on that (or any recruit tokens for that matter). I'm guessing their numbers are backing this up and that they would rather do everything they can to ensure that more new players are constantly getting hooked and consequently converted to paying players by feeling that roster pinch. Now sure there are some veterans who may be more profitable than new players because they continuously pump money into the game, but they are far outnumbered by the millions of unconverted f2p players. They're going for Candy Crush levels of widespread adoption so quantity > quality.

tl;dr It sucks that we're punished for being regular players but i just don't think we're able to compete with the profitability (per person) of newer players.
  • Unknown
    Options
    wathombe wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    Thinking even more I take that back icon_e_smile.gif that formulation was not at beginning of event but beginning of Tower, that is well after the point changes. IIRC the RB multiplier was 1 + (delta - 1000)/3000. But whoever has a better one is welcome to post it.

Rubberbanding in the subs was not based on global leader in the main, else I would not have still been 7,800 points back after finishing top 5 in City and 1st in Tower.

It was, but I'm talking about RB of the main table nodes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    To confirm what others are saying, I *was* in one of the earliest brackets of the Heroic, which means that I'd be first if they're doing first-in first-out on evaluating each bracket.

Which is probably why I got my **** rewards this morning when I woke up.