OSCORP HEROIC - MAY 8-14

Options

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dang, I forgot to take a screenshot of my event placement proving what I got. Now I have no way to guarantee they'll give me my deserved rewards.

Didn't you make a valiant charge to #1 in the dying minutes? I'm pretty sure you did. icon_e_wink.gif
  • noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Options
    Dang, I forgot to take a screenshot of my event placement proving what I got. Now I have no way to guarantee they'll give me my deserved rewards.

yes ... this.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

Didn't you make a valiant charge to #1 in the dying minutes? I'm pretty sure you did. icon_e_wink.gif

Heh, I wish. If they are helpful enough to actually make an attempt to hand out the right rewards, I want to get exactly what I earned, and nothing more. But if they must be pestered, a few fibs could be told...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did we really go 24 hours without even an _acknowledgement_ that there are issues with the alliance covers?
    I don't understand this company, I really don't.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Did we really go 24 hours without even an _acknowledgement_ that there are issues with the alliance covers?

So that was midnight between Thursday and Friday for EST right? If they can just keep it up for another ~18 hours that should get them through the work day and then it's on to the weekend.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

I know I did and it sure was an epic surge from 263rd!

(Actually I got tired of grinding and had to go do some pesky RL things and wound up 221 IIRC)
  • Unknown
    Options

Damn, I didn't even think to take a screenshot of the Event Info thing on the Events page. I figured they would keep it on there since they still haven't given us our prizes. Now I'm worrying I won't get what I should have for placing 2nd. icon_e_sad.gif

I really hope they at least have the information on their side...
  • Unknown
    Options
    This has gone from disappointing to outright unacceptable.

Bungled tournament followed by delayed reward disbursment is easily written off as technical difficulties and even the 24 hour wait was actually disclosed. Unpleasant, but obviously they're working on it.

How do they respond to public outcry? Remove the pending notice.

They have literally swept this under the rug, given no comment and have given us the answer to the question, "how important to your company is the customer?"

We're not worth noting.
  • Unknown
    Options

Oy, I wish I'd thought to do that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Seriously, look at the tenor of the discourse here. There is legitimate fear that we will not be compensated, and still no input from the developer.

This train has jumped the tracks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Really regretting not remembering to do this now... icon_neutral.gif
  • DirigiblePilot
    Options
    While I'm pretty annoyed, in their defense, it's possible that there truly were technical difficulties until about 5 east coast time today (not THAT unlikely) and that they wanted to split for the day. I can't really blame them, I'd want to go home for a break after a long day of screwing over my customers too (I jest, I jest, though it's hard to tell how far off the mark I actually am...)
  • Unknown
    Options
    While I'm pretty annoyed, in their defense, it's possible that there truly were technical difficulties until about 5 east coast time today (not THAT unlikely) and that they wanted to split for the day. I can't really blame them, I'd want to go home for a break after a long day of screwing over my customers too (I jest, I jest, though it's hard to tell how far off the mark I actually am...)

they could still have made a statement acknowledging that there is an issue and they are working on it
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yes, the lack of communication is damning.
  • DirigiblePilot
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:

they could still have made a statement acknowledging that there is an issue and they are working on it

Yeah, that's very true. Some kind of acknowledgement would have been good.
    D3, this would have been so easy. Why let it fester and worsen? By procrastinating, you have increased your issues tenfold.
  • Unknown
    Options
    As a newer player (transitioning to a full 2* team), I was actually on the verge of becoming a paying player (for more roster spots). The way this event has been handled and the lack of response is changing my mind. I didn't even place for classic Daken, but was counting on the HP (I'm 50 away from a badly needed roster spot).

I know I'm not alone in feeling this- it's a huge turnoff and really works against my desire to support the devs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Some of us didn't get personal rewards as well.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Some of us didn't get personal rewards as well.
    And I swear, if the people who did get them get them a 2nd time.... icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Now the event has disappeared from the event listing. But I still didn't receive my personal rewards. I ended 9th in my bracket. I hope the devs will fix this soon, but the lack of communication on this issue is giving me a bad feeling.
  • Unknown
    Options
    this certainly doesn't encourage me to spend any money on the game or even play the ongoing event when theres a chance this will happen again.