Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    They’re baaaack in sub 3....
    Nooooo. Damn it. Bye bye Health Packs.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

bluewolf said:
    They’re baaaack in sub 3....

Oy, are they one of the essentials again?  Cause that's the thing that made it eviiiil.  At least if it was one of the non-essentials, you could try different teams once Gambit papercuts (ahem, I mean mows) down your team.  In a way it was fun trying out different teams, but not being able to fire powers like normal because of Gambit just made the whole exercise as fun as when Kraven gets his CotT and the whole match is just matching and no powers.  As someone else said on another thread, if they just took away Gambit's black power (ie Red on Carnage in Venom Bomb) it would make things more palatable.  Even just disabling his AP destruction would make things a lot fairer.  Ever since going down to SCL 7, I've never had to use so many <bleep> healthpacks on one node... sheesh...

tl:dr - devs, take away 5* Gambit's black in Simulator... and Kraven sucks...

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    They are back again. There goes my final progression reward: CP.

Instead of teaming up with Teen Jean, they are teaming up with X-23 instead. The node before the final node has OML, PX and 5* Gambit. All my characters that have any chance against these two teams are down and my healthpacks wiped out again. I kind of like this PvE because it's pretty challenging. I'm looking forward to this PvE again 2-3 months later.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate the challenge also; plus having Eliminator Nodes like this really shake up the placement when people give up on it lol.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the simulator opponents in nodes used to update in some places each time the event was held? New releases were included in there somewhere I believe, but since the update to X-Men Sim it just seems like the reason was to have another event that takes no looking after, just rinse and repeat. Too bad that.
  • Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Was pretty annoyed with Gambit-TeenJean-Rogue, but it's also kinda nice to fight strong teams of tile-matchers, outside of PVP where every single defeat is so annoying.

I also noticed that i was in top 20 and i didn't even do 6 clears, as well as missing Kingpin. =D
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the simulator opponents in nodes used to update in some places each time the event was held? New releases were included in there somewhere I believe, but since the update to X-Men Sim it just seems like the reason was to have another event that takes no looking after, just rinse and repeat. Too bad that.
    Yes yes yes!  They used to update it. In fact:  there’s a new Xman in the game with both a 3 and 5 version who apparently even the devs want to forget about, since they didn’t insert him anywhere in this event.  Or maybe they didn’t want it to be too easy.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I have historically not enjoyed this event but am fininding it much easier this time around because of C&D, 5/3/5 Vulture, and boosted Sandman.

Even the 5* required nodes have been fairy easy using Vulture and Sandman because boosted Archangel is tanking black, blue, and green and makes a great meat shield.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Is Rogue's Yellow supposed to provide damage mitigation when she's the only character left? Because it says she gets a % based on allies left in the fight. So does it count herself as an ally? Because if so, I don't think any other power works the same, which is kind of messed up. Hope I'm not the only crazy one seeing this.

Edit: It says "teammate" not ally. So this is definitely a bug considering my match damage is mitigated when she's the only one left. I checked the bug listing and it didn't say anything about this. Perhaps it should be listed.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ryudoz said:
    Is Rogue's Yellow supposed to provide damage mitigation when she's the only character left? Because it says she gets a % based on allies left in the fight. So does it count herself as an ally? Because if so, I don't think any other power works the same, which is kind of messed up. Hope I'm not the only crazy one seeing this.

Edit: It says "teammate" not ally. So this is definitely a bug considering my match damage is mitigated when she's the only one left. I checked the bug listing and it didn't say anything about this. Perhaps it should be listed.
    Yes, she counts herself as an ally. OML's healing used to count himself, too - not doing that anymore was part of his nerf.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only nice thing about Simulator is I can auto take three days off of PVE.  Just have no interest in its current format.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Ryudoz said:

they should update that to have the condition where the damage mitigation stops working when she's the last player on her team.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

Jarvind said:
    Ryudoz said:

Yes, she counts herself as an ally. OML's healing used to count himself, too - not doing that anymore was part of his nerf.

Yeah, it's really inconsistent wording, but it's intended and not a bug.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68168/rogue-reduces-damage-for-all-team-members-protect-tiles-greatly-increase-the-reduction-somehow

Scroll down the page until you find an official post by Brigby. 

• Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler

Jarvind said:
    Ryudoz said:

Yeah, it's really inconsistent wording, but it's intended and not a bug.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68168/rogue-reduces-damage-for-all-team-members-protect-tiles-greatly-increase-the-reduction-somehow

Scroll down the page until you find an official post by Brigby. 

Cool, thanks. Kind of stinks, but if it's intended that's fine. Just update the wording to a % plus a % per teammate. Super easy. 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Ryudoz said:

Brigby confirmed in another thread that Rogue counts herself as an ally and that it is by design.  So not a bug, technically speaking.

I realize she can be a pain as an opponent, but I really don't think she 'breaks the game' the way Gambit does.  I think she's just fine and I've had a blast using her boosted this event.  

The real frustration with this node is Gambit being shielded.  I imagine Thing, De4dpool, etc would be almost as annoying.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    They used to regularly update these nodes with new characters as they came out. It seems like after they ran the X-Men version, they decided to stick with it, with only minor switches at the most. I'd imagine that the increased need for health packs due to the Rogue/Gambit eating teams alive probably drove them to feel like this was the best format. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    StevO-J said:
    Yes yes yes!  They used to update it. In fact:  there’s a new Xman in the game with both a 3 and 5 version who apparently even the devs want to forget about, since they didn’t insert him anywhere in this event.  Or maybe they didn’t want it to be too easy.
    They did insert him. In your team. For the essential node. Tadaaa!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was nightcrawler also missing? I don't remember him off hand.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    The G5mbit, OML and Prof X node is truly an animation galore. G5mbit fires a power, so OML automatically fires a power too, which prompts X to fire his power.
    This almost makes me turn off animations.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Interesting game design... the 3* essential on sub 3: 5* Gambit, Rogue and X-23. I fight with 3* Cyclops (obviously), Medusa, 3* Strange. Rogue uses green on Cyc while Gambit refuses to use his powers, so they get to 14 red (and 24 pink...) Had I known he wasn't going to use his active powers I was going to down Gambit 2 turns sooner and saved me a health pack, as it is I'll pass in that node now altogether.

Please fix characters before spamming them in an event, and while you're at it get to adjusting 5* Gambit black... I'm no 5* player, but having to face him is stilfling because you just can't get anything done with almost no AP. Yeah, I know... talking to a wall here so why am I even posting.  :|