Simulator

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't hate Sim. You hate Rogue being on most of the hard nodes.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    If only they'd remove her Yellow power, like how they removed Carnage's Red in Venom Bomb
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    If only they'd remove her Yellow power, like how they removed Carnage's Red in Venom Bomb

That's... actually a really good idea.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    ALL OUT X-MEN SIMULATOR is a real pain due to RoGambit almost every nodes....so I decided to play in scl9, without stressing for placement, doing it only for progression, playing a node when I want to, and then quit after grabbing the last cp prize.
    Is this the way they want us to play?
    Ok....this time  ;)  
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dropped down to 7, which I can usually coast through, but man that Gam5it/Rogue/Teen Jean node is really something. I guess it doesn't help i only recently re-rosterd 3Clops, so he is basically a 1-cover liability at the moment lol
    That node is hell on earth. I've died 3 times so far on it, in 6 clears. 
  • Fenfire
    Fenfire Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Same thread, same frustations vented since the introduction of Gambit. Devs don't care, never have unless you are one the guys paying their wages.

On topic: Nerfing Carnage in VB took them about 1,5 years IIRC. So we can expect a new version of this event for April 2019. Until then: die or spend. Or die AND spend! Or just don't play it.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards

Q: How to make Simulator even worse?

A: Archangel as 5* essential!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:

The kicker is that the next event will be Galactus Hungers.  So the 5E is skipped,  and Gambit could have been the 5E this time. But no.  He will be skipped next and we got stuck with Archie again for this pain.  Which fits with his lousy character.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Alfje17 said:

Actually Archangel being boosted is what helped me finish it easier. That gave me a stronger 5* to finish it with. That combined with 3* Strange works wonders for stunning Rogue and constantly using "Flames Of The Faltine" because of Gambit. It was hard I gotta admit, but doable. I did have to use a couple of health packs though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought I was the only one. 

Any tips for players still in 3* land without 3* Dr Strange and close to unuseable Cyclops? I might have a chance if Cyclops isn't the essential.

That team with 5* Gambit wiped all my high level characters and healthpacks. I cascaded into 5 match in 2 different matches due to lady's luck and got stunned for 2 turns in return. Then, everything goes downhill from there. Within a few turns, Gambit has 20+ red ap and dealing a lot of damage.

I don't have many characters that can stun. SW is definitely out because of her passive. I think i only have 1* BW and 3* Captain Marvel. 
    Without knowing your roster, here are a few options at 3* level I can think of:

Power Man/Iron Fist are a pretty strong 3* combo that will have you mostly chasing black and purple, which will keep Rogue from jumping in front as well as doing passive damage every turn, which helps alleviate some of Gam5it's AP denial. You'd just need to be worried about Fist's purple triggering black match-5s with a decently high probability. Do what you can to chase purple, and fire off Fist's purple as soon as you get it because it's cheap. Ideally this will let you out-pace Gam5it's AP denial as you stack black AP, then burn through it with Cag3's black, which has a 1-turn stun on it as well. or use 3Clops's black, which might do more damage, i'm not sure without checking.

IM40 might help you kickstart 3Clops if you have him at meaningful levels, but chasing yellow will bring Rogue to the front.

you could potentially try and out-gambit gam5it with a 3* gambit; he still overwrites enemy countdowns, right? Maybe use Spid3r-Man who also has a really cheap stun on blue.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pr0spect0r

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I have only enough DP points to activate mega whales once. In the end, I skipped that node. That team is really good. 

Anyone found today's Simulator much more easier? It's like a walk in the park. If there's any node that stands out, it's the one with Sentry. The amount of cascades that node can create for the AI is simply amazing. If they had America Chavez on their team, I would be eating critical tile each turn for the next three to five turns.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I guess be glad that node hasn't got C4rol on it...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pr0spect0r

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I have only enough DP points to activate mega whales once. In the end, I skipped that node. That team is really good. 

Anyone found today's Simulator much more easier? It's like a walk in the park. If there's any node that stands out, it's the one with Sentry. The amount of cascades that node can create for the AI is simply amazing. If they had America Chavez on their team, I would be eating critical tile each turn for the next three to five turns.
    BTW, has anyone else noticed that America Chavez is great because she is....an Ultron Sentry redesign?  The design space that is left to create good characters is the goons that have been in game for years, made playable.

Gambit auto generates AP.... sound familiar?  America spews criticals....hmmmm.  Which goon design becomes playable next?
  • studr1
    studr1 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    that team is a M-Fer, it's Gambit, he doesn't stop, then you match a 5 on accident and your stunned for two turns only to be squashed by Rogue...I'll figure it out,   But it had me a little annoyed yesterday.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, just chiming in for my 5 cents... I play CL8 with all nodes 6/6 or even a 7th time if I am lucky enough to be in top10 contention. As far as I can remember I have always comlpeted the all nodes at least 6 times, but this time I can't get it done. I had 26 health packs when I started to try and beat the 3* essential for the first time, I'm now on 2/6 and 18 health packs left but I'm out, done and through with trying. Even the 3rd time is starting to get really old really fast after failing an umpteenth time. I'm not playing this game of attrition any more, 2 times will have to do. I'm not going to test my sanity any more for a measly 750 Iso and what de devs are clearly not willing to see is just plain no fun.

On another note, this makes me wonder why Heroic events were ever retired, they must have been an equal health pack sink for players so why not run them again? Seems te be the only thing stuff like this node is good for.

Please, please take a look at this event, or even better: fix 5* Gambit (and by fix I mean nerf, not make him arguably even stronger like the first time). There are people who like to play this game for the fun of it, things like this make that impossible.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    There aren't too many nodes that feature well designed teams in PVE outside of simulator. The nodes I see being complained about on the forum are Royal Family (bolt, medusa, lockjaw) because it's actually a team with synergy, and then these Simulator nodes. Last run of Sim, I recall hating the node with 3* gambit just as much as the 5* version; that AP gain was too strong even then. Now, with the addition of AP destruction and a character that jumps in front and reduces damage on popular attack colors, that's like a real live boss node lol. I applaud it on paper, but I kind of wish that was just the highest non-required node so you weren't locked into a certain character to do it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    With SCL based scaling and history playing the game, you only have yourself to blame if you struggle in an event outside it's first release.  You can jump all the way down to SCL4 if you hate it so much you want to coast through it.  
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Used C&D with Rogue and finished my initial clears of the 3E node relatively easily.  Champed and buffed, Rogue is pretty good at buying you the time you need to nuke Gambit. 

The most annoying part was Gambit destroying AP.  
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I expressed my distaste in this event the last time it happened.

My concerns were that this was an opportunity for variation of character's and tactics, but all that was presented were the most spammy teams and at the time consisted of extremely new characters who added to the spam factor. This time around nothing seems to have changed.

Y'all forgot about Drax
    Nowadays every fivestar wanna talk like they got mad matching hax,
    But nothing comes out when they move their lips,
    Just a buncha gibberish,
    And all the players act like they forgot about Drax.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

Then. Don't. Play. It.