Simulator

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
I. Really. Hate. It.

Comments

• RTA3000
    RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    the way i see it its a great way for you to refresh your health pack stock, use up all the ones you currently have and then start building them up at the end of the event... yeah, this event hurts, everytime :|
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I dropped down to 7, which I can usually coast through, but man that Gam5it/Rogue/Teen Jean node is really something. I guess it doesn't help i only recently re-rosterd 3Clops, so he is basically a 1-cover liability at the moment lol
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    irwando said:
    So don't play it.  Done.

But he needs iso.. we all do!
  • RTA3000
    RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I dropped down to 7, which I can usually coast through, but man that Gam5it/Rogue/Teen Jean node is really something. I guess it doesn't help i only recently re-rosterd 3Clops, so he is basically a 1-cover liability at the moment lol
    Totally, I must've spent about 10 health packs on getting that node 4 clears alone, you just can't get a look in. 5 star matches, total mess due to Jean, yellow matches pointless with Rogue being there and then there's Gam5it just rinsing the power laying.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    So play it in 6 or 7. Rewards aren't quite as good, but it's much easier and you're not totally punting. Unless you're in a hardcore alliance that won't let you, that's what I'd do. 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    This will be the first time the event has run since 5* Gambit's "nerf", right?

So the AP steal kinda makes a bad thing worse for those w/o deep rosters.  I get why that would ruffle some feathers.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I don’t think I’d be having anything like this kind of trouble with a champion 3clops. The trick is to get rid of/stun gambit first, while avoiding the matches that put rogue out front. So C&D/Vulture or Hobofist, whose black can 1-shot any of them if you can manage to scrape up enough black. G4mora/Vulture is another good team for this, since her stun is cheap and chasing blue won’t bring out Rogue
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Also if you have a good Strang3, Gambit attack’s active often enough that he functions like a goon, so Flames of the Faltine will go to Work multiple times/turn. As long as Rogue isn’t out front to reduce th damage, so again chase that blue and go for the stun if you can.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I thought I was the only one. 

Any tips for players still in 3* land without 3* Dr Strange and close to unuseable Cyclops? I might have a chance if Cyclops isn't the essential.

That team with 5* Gambit wiped all my high level characters and healthpacks. I cascaded into 5 match in 2 different matches due to lady's luck and got stunned for 2 turns in return. Then, everything goes downhill from there. Within a few turns, Gambit has 20+ red ap and dealing a lot of damage.

I don't have many characters that can stun. SW is definitely out because of her passive. I think i only have 1* BW and 3* Captain Marvel. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Sure, 5* Gambit was so totally overpowered he needed to be nerfed with AP steal -- so let's use him for a 3* essential node.

<sethmeyers>REALLY?</sethmeyers>
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I'm just trying to figure out why they're still running the all xmen simulator. It was cool to do that during the xmen release deal, but this is the third time it's been all xmen and there probably aren't any more xmen releases.  It doesn't make sense to run simulator with only a handful of the available characters being used. It's one of the only events where you can fight a large variety of champs in pve.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I expressed my distaste in this event the last time it happened.

My concerns were that this was an opportunity for variation of character's and tactics, but all that was presented were the most spammy teams and at the time consisted of extremely new characters who added to the spam factor. This time around nothing seems to have changed.

Y'all forgot about Drax
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    @HoundofShadowask your alliance for whales whales whales team ups and have enough points so you can one shot the team
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    On a slight tangent, does anyone know if the main node repeater node stays through the whole event, or disappears after the first sub ends?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    On a slight tangent, does anyone know if the main node repeater node stays through the whole event, or disappears after the first sub ends?

It stays for the whole event, so just clear every 24 hours until the last day.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Not to mention the opening board almost always teases you with one or more match-5s.

They got me good with that one twice. Third clear I had match 5 on the first turn and stupidly took it without thinking, and then on my fourth clear I had a match 5 halfway through the match and was gonna use it as the killing blow on Jean, only to have it backfire because it was a green match 5 and Rogue was still alive...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's what I mean. All the boards are usually cursed in some way and you just get infuriated, It's not that I have a bad roster.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    I took the easy path:
    CL7 with a champed Gladiator Thor makes it not so rough. Once healthpack / run approx.
    Vulture and Chavez to accompany him.

GladiaThor and Chavez can easily make short work of SCL 9 too... Right now I am using Gambit and Chavez to good effect. America made the game great again!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I normally play in cl8 or 9, but remember hating the simulator since the X-men took it over so I dropped down to 7 for this one. I breezed through everything including the 5* required fight except for that damn 3* required node.

It really is that tough and in serious need of a tuning. Just swapping Gambit down to his 3* version would probably be enough.