Simulator

1235»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided to give the 3* essental character node of day 3 a shot again (against team of 5* Gambit, Rogue and X-23). I used Patch, Quicksilver and Cyclops. Surprisingly, I was able to clear the first 3 nodes with them. The bad news is all my healthpacks have been emptied by them.

I will target either Gambit or X-23 first because their damage are high. I will get their hp low enough and then use Patch's green to take out either one of them and then match damage the next one into unconsciousness. Then, I would be left with Rogue. What kills my team most of the time is X-23's Tracking Prey. The damage is enough to 1HKO any of my characters mid match.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    So just barely made progression in CL5 due to those essential nodes with 5* Gambit in them. Used up something like 12-15 health packs which is more than the last few months combined. Yep not an event I enjoy at all. 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Simulator is so tough it's actually good.   :D:cold_sweat:
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    So just barely made progression in CL5 due to those essential nodes with 5* Gambit in them. Used up something like 12-15 health packs which is more than the last few months combined. Yep not an event I enjoy at all. 
    You write the right word : Healthpacks.
    They want for us to run out of heatlhpacks and buy more with HP.....and then buy other HP with cash: plain and simple  ;)
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    I had an easier time than in the past runs so far.  Used 3* Cyclops, Psylocke and Falcon for most while switching in strange whenever they used 5* Gambit.  Buff up some strikes and attacks and they opponent rarely keeps up. (though I'm not doing all the clears on everything because I don't have that much free time)
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    I used cloak & dagger with 4* rocket. I used zero health packs in four straight fights.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems unfair that I stun 5* Gambit only for Professor X to immediately go invisible. The text is pretty clear: "Gambit's allies may not fire purple or red abilities." No qualifier about Gambit being stunned.

Hated that node. It wiped the first team I threw at it; I had to use Vulture, Gamora, Star-Lord to clear it to make sure I'd get enough blue to keep Gambit asleep long enough to down him. And it was still close when the black dried up.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Took a LONG time but Champed and buffed Sandman/Rogue with Vulture got me through the Profx/Gambit/OML relatively unscathed. 

Honestly, Gambit's AP destruction ticks me off more than his AP production now.  Making 2 black matches for a total of 2 Black AP is FRUSTRATING.  
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    It seems unfair that I stun 5* Gambit only for Professor X to immediately go invisible. The text is pretty clear: "Gambit's allies may not fire purple or red abilities." No qualifier about Gambit being stunned.
    Stunned characters have their passives shut off for the duration of the stun. That has been quite clear throughout the game.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    i love simulator and gauntlet cos goons really suck.  and marvel heroes havent been fighting goons as much like since the 60s and 70s.. 

now its usually against villains and super villains and other heroes which is what sim is basically simulating.

this sim was particularly hard due to rogue and gambit (with teen jean and prof x complicating things).  but i do think we neeeed the extra challenge in pve instead of the usual speed grind fest in other events
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only one who likes Simulator? Better than sub after sub of mindless ones.

And, placement is always easier in Simulator. Something to be said about having a little more difficultly.
    You're not the only one. I'm with you, Simulator is one of my favorites actually. As you said placement is easier and I like the change of pace after multiple events of goons. I also don't really understand the fuss. Sure it's a little harder, but the way everyone talks is like it's impossible. I didn't wipe on anything.