Simulator

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread just makes me love my champed 5* Daredevil and G4mora combo that much more. Get blue or purple AP, stun Rogue to nullify her damage reduction and get her out of the way, and the rest is easy. 

I'm in CL8, and I started my initial clear with like five healthpacks, as I had just done my run to 900 in Quicksilver's PvP, and that was more than enough to get me through my initial clear. It's really, really hard for Daredevil to be killed on offense, and he tanks four of seven colors usually (G4ocket tanks blue, G4mora red and black). But in this particular 3* essential node, I think he tanks blue as well, so he just eats the damage, creates some nice strike tiles, heals, then comes back for more. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Despite all his negatives, AA blue is a stun.  So he has some use shockingly enough.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I usually play for the end of level ISO then bail out.
    However my Kingpin is level 279 so I'm playing for 5* Daredevil Yellow.

If it's too hard just play the easy nodes and go for the ISO at the end. Simple, job done. Don't stress over a game that could be here today gone tomorrow.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    On one account im missing both C3clops and Kingpin, so there's not much to go for. On my other i do have both, but i find this event to be so annoying, i'll only go so far as to get the Kingpin cover.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I alway take a break from the game during this we need extra health pack revenue event.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Went in with 10 health packs and used 4 of them on the stupid 3* node. Then another on one of the harder nodes because they kept teaming up on my Gamora. Really not looking forward to doing my grind tonight. Simulator feels like a boss event that gives worse rewards than an actual boss event. Actually, in the last run of Apocalypse I only ended up using one health pack the entire event and that was in round 8 when I was done and was only playing for fun and Apocalypse got lucky and was able to kill off my X-23 before I could heal her.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I went CL5 (from my usual 7-8) and that teen jean node was still difficult even with champed 4*. I went from 1 health pack a week to 5 on that one node.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Just chiming in to say you're not alone OP, I hate this event too. I see replies saying "drop down a SL level" or "just don't play it" but those aren't good answers. Playing this event is like my mom forcing me to eat spinach as a kid. I need the nutrients (ISO) but I'm going to hate every second of it.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Pr0spect0r

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I have only enough DP points to activate mega whales once. In the end, I skipped that node. That team is really good. 

Anyone found today's Simulator much more easier? It's like a walk in the park. If there's any node that stands out, it's the one with Sentry. The amount of cascades that node can create for the AI is simply amazing. If they had America Chavez on their team, I would be eating critical tile each turn for the next three to five turns.
    I'm glad I could be of some help at least. Yea I also gave up doing my remaining clears on a couple nodes. And the second day is so much easier than the first imo
  • HaiKulture
    HaiKulture Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Gambit and Rogue Kill The Marvel Universe might as well be a PVE.

Simulator just doesn't have the same ring to it. 

'nuff said :P 
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I am trying to forget about entering this topic and I am sure Deadpool would feel the same way.  :p

I think a better name would be Gambulator.

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only one who likes Simulator? Better than sub after sub of mindless ones.

And, placement is always easier in Simulator. Something to be said about having a little more difficultly.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I like simulator more when there’s more variety of enemy.  The X-Men feature was cool, but doing it again is punitive.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I like simulator more when there’s more variety of enemy.  The X-Men feature was cool, but doing it again is punitive.
    Yea, true that.  Have a lot of characters now could mix it up. No work to re-run as is, than to change it up though.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't be surprised if metrics and statistics says that this is the most popular event, because the number of matches played per player is higher than in any other.  Player engagement is way up!
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    I'd be happy if they alternated the original and xmen versions. I do like the challenge and variety, it's one of the few events where you get to play against teams you are likely to see.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only one who likes Simulator? Better than sub after sub of mindless ones.

And, placement is always easier in Simulator. Something to be said about having a little more difficultly.
    I like the simulator.  It's a nice break from constant goon battles and I'm a big fan of any event that has bonus ISO nodes.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also don’t mind Simulator.  However, the Xmen version is on repeat and we need a new song already. Also, there aren’t enough Xmen in the game so sub 3 ends up repeating (almost) some of the same matches as sub 1.  It’s like the design team from 2014 who made the Hulk was brought back for this.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    It was only on the first Round so far that I encountered them. The second round was pretty easy compared to the 1st one, which was grueling. I don't know about the last round since it has not started due to my slice yet, but hopefully it does not contain the Rogue & Gambit duo. I think it's really rogue's Yellow that makes it so difficult. I learned from the last simulator to use 3* Strange for his stun and also chip away at Rogue with the "Flames Of The Faltine" due to Gambit firing a lot of powers. Having a super boosted Archangel also helped me a lot this time too.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    They’re baaaack in sub 3....