Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    locked wrote:
    T-REZ5000 wrote:
    I could have sworn I saw you in top 10 in the last couple of minutes. What happened?
    um? you and other people pushed me out icon_e_biggrin.gif not that I hadn't pushed someone out prior to that, though.

Yeah, I think you were the one who pushed me to 11th with about a minute left. I managed to quickly beat a node I saved from my climb to get back into it though.

If it's any consolation, I actually need those patch covers (unlike most of the people that made top 10 in our bracket).
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I scored 956 and placed 49th in my bracket...rats! I really needed the covers to finish my patch, what luck. Below is top 10 of my bracket. Karma for getting a human torch from a standard pull! Curse you mpq lords!

That's my bracket too, 920 only enough for 58th sadly icon_e_sad.gif something is wrong with the bracketing these days..
  • Unknown
    Options
    gratz to Jonny1punch on getting first in my bracket...although im not sure if it was necessary to shield hop so much to past me for an xforce cover u already have maxed out
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wade66 wrote:
    Shield expired with 20 minutes left, and I lost 182 points dropping me from 30 to 132nd, knocking me out of getting the Patch I needed for the Oscorp essentials, and not being able to do those probably knock me out of the running for LD.

That blows. That is something I think they should change. That's way too many hits in such a short period of time. That's anywhere from 15-20 hits, almost 1 per minute. And we all know that match takes much more time than that.

I was going to unshield and run for #1 so I could get the Wolv X-Force cover so I could level him up a bit. But I don't have Patch either, so I just stayed shielded and prayed that I didn't drop below 10.
    Turned out a friend who was visiting played the game while I was laying down. So it was more than how long I thought my shield waz down, wanted to complain about her messing with my phone, but since she came over to keep an eye on me while I am ill I won't. Besides she is going to download the game herself now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i'm missing covers - anyone else have this issue?

I finished #1, got my alliance rewards, got a red x-force... and that's it. no 100 hp, no yellow/red patch covers, no iso... what the? I'm contacting support, but wondering if any other #1 finishers had the same problem.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Welp, ended up being 17 in my bracket so I still have no yellow patch cover.

If brackets keep going like this for me I don't think I'll even bother with trying to get top 10 anymore.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    T-REZ5000 wrote:
    If it's any consolation, I actually need those patch covers (unlike most of the people that made top 10 in our bracket).
    It's alright, glad for you! I pumped all the ISO I earned during LRs and Top Gun (some 26k or more) into Patch and still couldn't reach the soft cap. Time to farm Rags tourney!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also, I could be such a dbag and attack sauce as I have him qued and he is unshielded (and in my season bracket)...but I am going to wait until he shields...FRIEEENNNFDSHIIIP MOOOVE. *Creates little ice statue*

Was at work but thanks for this! lol I tried to shield hop for the first time but even with boosts I tried three matches and coming out of the third I was hit by two guys both times trying to go from 1100 to 1200 and then 1200 to 1300. Don't take this the wrong way or anything but how do you do it? I mean I have higher level guys than you and i was just getting attacked ridiculously. How many matches did you do between each shield? what boosts? how many shields did you burn? Teach me your ways! haha
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lol I was doing shield jumping yesterday - 2fights, 2.5hrs of sleep, 2fights - only to oversleep the last minutes icon_lol.gif

So I ended #2 with 1189pts. this one last fight (had Reckless queued for 40+pts) would gave me 2k ISO. oh well icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I won my bracket with a little over 1100. I'm sure glad I didn't end up in that same horrible bracket as so many forumites.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I won my bracket with a little over 1100. I'm sure glad I didn't end up in that same horrible bracket as so many forumites.

There were actually two of them apparently...I mean, two brackets with 1k points jamming up the top 20 or so. Kinda crazy to be in the middle of that earlier.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    sup123 wrote:

If brackets keep going like this for me I don't think I'll even bother with trying to get top 10 anymore.

Agreee! Plus it gets really boring fighting Thor/OBW over and over and over...
  • Unknown
    Options
    okay, so **** was my bracket? I finished at 632 points and I'm in place #112. From what I can see... top 100 is probably 650 points. When I started a few months ago 600 was enough for a top ten finish (the top 10 break off is 1040 points.)

Coupled with the changes to finish times - there have been I think four PvP events in a row that ended at 6 am my time. 6 pm wasn't ideal, but at least something. Why would they stop alternating them? Well I guess whatever changes to bracketing happened and this timing change, this was my last PvP for a while. Good thing I'm not in a competitive alliance that expects me to participate in everything, because sod it.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carthl wrote:
    okay, so **** was my bracket? I finished at 632 points and I'm in place #112. From what I can see... top 100 is probably 650 points. When I started a few months ago 600 was enough for a top ten finish (the top 10 break off is 1040 points.)

Coupled with the changes to finish times - there have been I think four PvP events in a row that ended at 6 am my time. 6 pm wasn't ideal, but at least something. Why would they stop alternating them? Well I guess whatever changes to bracketing happened and this timing change, this was my last PvP for a while. Good thing I'm not in a competitive alliance that expects me to participate in everything, because sod it.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7098 has theories on whats going on with PvP brackets and what you're currently experiencing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    Also, I could be such a dbag and attack sauce as I have him qued and he is unshielded (and in my season bracket)...but I am going to wait until he shields...FRIEEENNNFDSHIIIP MOOOVE. *Creates little ice statue*

Was at work but thanks for this! lol I tried to shield hop for the first time but even with boosts I tried three matches and coming out of the third I was hit by two guys both times trying to go from 1100 to 1200 and then 1200 to 1300. Don't take this the wrong way or anything but how do you do it? I mean I have higher level guys than you and i was just getting attacked ridiculously. How many matches did you do between each shield? what boosts? how many shields did you burn? Teach me your ways! haha

Used 3 shields this time. Used to use 1 or 0, but I've been trying to.break 1.3k every round so its basically come to using 3 shields each time (meaning 2 shield hops...I could possibly do 2 hops with 2 shields if I magically timed it right...but I don't trust the last few min of events and the extra work required to save 75 hp isn't worth it go me at this point given my hp store is more than sufficient for my needs). Push to 500-800, don't shield, push again and (though this time I pushed to 1.05k and shielded..8hr shield to cover sleeping) Shield @1-1.15k, find 3-4 high point matches. If they aren't worth 30+, I usually don't do them unless I only could find 2 or something. Sometimes fighting one slightly lower match and quickly jumping will find you a high point one. Fighting 3-4 matches this way will get me between 90-160 points depending on if I decide to go for the last match...depending on how Long first 3 took). I can finish 3 matches fast enough against 141 teams just using a blue/purp boost. For this event tough I was adding a black/green as well when shield hopping (also, I ALWAYS use oe set of +3 all in a key shield hop somewhere, because you get a +3 all every PvP...so since I am usually @30,no reason NOT to use one set somewhere). Shield up, repeat.

So @1.05k+2x(90->160) means I could have ended anywhere from 1.23k to 1.37k with this way of doing it this time, though the range can be higher depending on just how Much lower I am than the top score in the world (the low end is assuming I am almost the top in the world, meaning I cannot find any 40+matches from someone like reckless). This time, I got some solid +40s and high +30, even at the end. I also did 4 matches one of the times as I was close to a goal and wanted to push it.

A punisher/mag team can finish things fast if you go after blue/purple, use blue to earn green/black/purple, and then make sure to pick the right guys to hit...normal stuff but yea...being lvl 110, 120, 130 has realistically made little difference in how fast I ko. Though, it probably helps to sorta ward off attacks coming in as fast (comparatively). I have 360k+ iso, so I just don't lvl them to be a rebel or something ...lol.

In short, a fast kill team with some boosts that are above about lvl 115 are sufficient to win 3-4 matches fast enough to not receive attacks in between them. I would say the cutoff time is between 6-10 min from the time of unshielding. Enemy lvl doesn't matter, so make sure points are high, even if sometimes you have to fight one match a little lower than you would like to "change up" your group of enemies. Really nothing special, I just win fast enough that someone a little slower doesn't find and beat me in the meantime. And like some who counts cards would say, I don't gamble. Sure, I won 4 matches in 6 minutes....but I don't gamble. 4th match I pushed for I received a -40 for a net of -10?....I take the loss of those -10 from my overall earning from the shield...because I don't gamble. Gambling is how ppl waste a shield. The 4th match is always the "push" ...if you are a little slower or unlucky with something or..whatever, then maybe drop it back and make the 3rd the push.

Tl;Dr - its your name. Sauce. It's just not intimidating enough.

Side note: sometimes I wonder if ppl think I am female as they see soenottelling and think my name is soe. The origin of the sn IS from calling myself soe nottelling as my first and last name in something though to be fair. Aaaaannnyhooo. Yea, you need a name change. Like...Saucy... That would have been so much better.

Sauce: hey look, a 45 point player named sauce....now I want pasta. Shoot, I really am hungry...whatever, ill fight this guy so I can shield and eat. *attacks*
    Saucy: hey look, a 45 point player named saucy....I wonder if they are rude, or is it one of those "sexy" saucy ...or is it just about pasta...ohh sexy in pasta. Eww, that going to leave a lot of starch all over you skin or something *skips*

Branding...there's my tip for the day...branding.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dslyexic wrote:
    Nemek, I saw you pop up and i thought for sure I had lost like 30 pts. Grats on everyone's finish! Super close. Was tons of fun ; D

Great run X-men and 5dv. Man our bracket was competitive. I mistimed my last shield and had to break and got cascaded and whacked at same time. You and psyko had great closes.

Thanks ESG! That was a nice bracket! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wasn't in that crazy bracket, but #10 in mine was 1011. I was 816 at #49 place. That's usually a borderline unsafe 10th, not a borderline unsafe 50. I've never seen such insane points before and my bracket wasn't even the tough one
  • Unknown
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:
    Dslyexic wrote:
    Nemek, I saw you pop up and i thought for sure I had lost like 30 pts. Grats on everyone's finish! Super close. Was tons of fun ; D

Great run X-men and 5dv. Man our bracket was competitive. I mistimed my last shield and had to break and got cascaded and whacked at same time. You and psyko had great closes.

Thanks ESG! That was a nice bracket! icon_e_smile.gif

I have to give you guys props. At one point there were 3 5dv teams in the top 10. Congrats having 2 5d teams finish top 10.
  • Unknown
    Options

Sauce: hey look, a 45 point player named sauce....now I want pasta. Shoot, I really am hungry...whatever, ill fight this guy so I can shield and eat. *attacks*
    Saucy: hey look, a 45 point player named saucy....I wonder if they are rude, or is it one of those "sexy" saucy ...or is it just about pasta...ohh sexy in pasta. Eww, that going to leave a lot of starch all over you skin or something *skips*

Branding...there's my tip for the day...branding.

haha well the plan was for them to go eat pasta INSTEAD of attacking me. hmm, I need to rethink this... icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    once i hit around 425-450 the game started pairing me up with 85s or higher which is a problem with me because my highest heroes are only Thor and Wolverine (astonishing) but they are only 68 and 64 respectively. I did not feel like I was ready to take them on.

The other problem I had was I was constantly attacked too. The highest point lost I had was minus 105.

I could not rank high enough to update my Magneto MN.