Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ilPxqDD.jpg?1

As a reference point: To counter the idea that brackets are being manipulated more, i'm around 10k season points, high MMR, and the above is my bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And I asked this earlier, and apologies if someone answered it and I missed it, but how are the matches made in PVP? Is it just in your bracket? Or everyone?

You face players from every bracket. The players you see are determined "Complicated Algorithms," a stroke-addled drifter who lives in their trash chute and codes BASIC.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow, finished 150th. Just **** my life.

So I already couldn't win PvE because of scaling, and now I can't win PvP now that the brackets are based on MMR. What's the point of this game if the devs are constantly working to **** you over for playing well? If these new brackets had better rewards, yeah, that might be more interesting. But nope, just 25 HP and some ISO. I can't even buy the new roster slot I wanted before a new 3* expired. There's no point in this game any more.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    And I asked this earlier, and apologies if someone answered it and I missed it, but how are the matches made in PVP? Is it just in your bracket? Or everyone?

You face players from every bracket. The players you see are determined "Complicated Algorithms," a stroke-addled drifter who lives in their trash chute and codes BASIC.

LMFAO! icon_lol.gif Thanks.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Dang, I am so happy the X-Men have joined the fray. Whether it was because of the reward change or somebody just stepping up to the plate, who knows. But, these close finishes are wayyyyy more exciting. It's almost like being back in the old Elites.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Had to unshield in the last 10 minutes and boost through a couple quick ones to stay in top 10. Finished 7th with 990, which is my highest point total ever in PVP. Finished my third fight about 20-30 seconds after the event finished otherwise I would have broke 1k.

Bracket ranged from 1151 for first down to 951 for tenth.

Had second a couple pvps ago with 896 or so, behind a guy who last minute took it with 903. Couldn't be bothered to go for it at the end, the rest of the bracket was under 800 down in 10th.

Points are getting crazy and it's super grindy to get there now.
    The 'fun' factor is diminishing quickly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ouch @Nemek, thank god i didn't drop my shield at the end.
    I almost thought you did it intentionally icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looks like the xmen choked again, and we didn't even swap a single member! Congrats to S.H.i.E.l.L.D for a solid finish per usual.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Grazzt wrote:

Gotta get them season points! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    1619516_10152219280364232_6956911523889978506_n.jpg

Well, I didn't get my first #1 spot. But #3 is the highest I've ever been. And as far as PVP goes, I think the highest I ever got before was in the low 400's before getting pounded into submission. So I'll happily take it.

Sorry to the guys that ended up in the brackets of Hades. Some of those were INSANE.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Grazzt wrote:

I was wondering if you were going to make a run for first. I had to shield hop in the last 5 minutes to get back into the top 10. Tenth finished with 1026, first time I've been in a bracket like this one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Grazzt wrote:

I was wondering if you were going to make a run for first. I had to shield hop in the last 5 minutes to get back into the top 10. Tenth finished with 1026, first time I've been in a bracket like this one.
    I just want 1300 pts green IW , not interested in red xforce
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nemek, I saw you pop up and i thought for sure I had lost like 30 pts. Grats on everyone's finish! Super close. Was tons of fun ; D
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Way to break into the top 20 locked!! I just saw moving up...

Yeah, pushed me out of top 10. But I had a 141 pun/OBW/weak Falcon node saved and managed to finish it within a minute at the very end.

So I actually made top 10 in the bracket of doom!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hm, so now to face the difficult decision of what to do with my 4/4/5 Patch... I was originally planning to repsec him to 5/3/5 and give up on red, but pending C. Mags/Spidey nerfs are making me lean towards going back to the safe, regen tank build of 3/5/5...
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shield expired with 20 minutes left, and I lost 182 points dropping me from 30 to 132nd, knocking me out of getting the Patch I needed for the Oscorp essentials, and not being able to do those probably knock me out of the running for LD.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dslyexic wrote:
    Nemek, I saw you pop up and i thought for sure I had lost like 30 pts. Grats on everyone's finish! Super close. Was tons of fun ; D

Great run X-men and 5dv. Man our bracket was competitive. I mistimed my last shield and had to break and got cascaded and whacked at same time. You and psyko had great closes.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was nobody playing this event? In the last 45 min. I probably got attacked 3 times with minimal point loss, no shielding. I made top 100, my highest ever.

Has everybody given up on this game because now they're giving away 2* covers for pvp when previously you had to play your **** off, wasting all your time to get them? The economy of this game is now off I think. I'm not complaining though as I got my OBW blue from 2 -> 5 today, a feat that was on course to taking another 2 months. Overall I probably pulled over five 2* covers today, nice indeed but a slap in the face to early adopters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hm, so now to face the difficult decision of what to do with my 4/4/5 Patch... I was originally planning to repsec him to 5/3/5 and give up on red, but pending C. Mags/Spidey nerfs are making me lean towards going back to the safe, regen tank build of 3/5/5...
    Cmag is safe for now I think.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Now who said a couple of weeks ago that PvP is their happy relaxing place? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    At least I didn't miss on a red or a green Patch but only yellow. My Patch is still incomplete while most have thrown out dozens of his covers.