Options
1234568»

Comments

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    So another thing I have been thinking about and wanted to bring up.  I have seen many people complain about the points given for a match. I think others have explained it, but I want to make sure. 

If you are at 800 and shield, get 1 beatable match for 50 points from player ABC and another match for 50 points from player XYZ. Let's say you are on a 8 hour shield.  Once you are ready to make your 900 run you get ready. You do the first match from player ABC and it is worth 60.  Wooo.  This means the ABC shielded at some point to protect his score.  Next match you play XYZ and they are worth 10. Well
    damn. Why is that. All you wanted is to hit 900 and free fall back.  Well......player XYZ is YOU. They play just like you. They made what they wanted and walked away.  This is not the point PVP system fault. This is the Demi/D3 server side fault.  This has always been like this every since I started to play PVP. This in fact had been a complaint for a long long time.  I personally don't think that the servers at Demi/D3 can handle true live updates of this. 

Example, I can do a shield hop, get hit in PVP and re shield.  I have had hits come in AFTER I shielded. Heck at times it takes up to 5 minutes before I know who hit me.  It is all server lag and always has been here.   I feel you play PVE on a high end, and now with animations off, if you watch the point while doing your end grind, you will see the sever not keeping up.  Meaning that you do a clear and it says 300 and you get 140, which the 140 is right. As much as we want Live and Now with this game, we are all held back by whatever the server side is.  For those who have not been around, please look back at the massive outage during the first boss events.  Some hampsters died, vets will get that line. This was a major issue during those events, i fact complete blackout.  

The best suggestion I can give is this.  Keep 1 node open. Before you break shield, like 10 mins before, use your "open" node and dump your cache which would be 5-8 skips depending. Check current Qs to see if there is something better for you to hit. After you dump your cache this will show you Live and fresh teams.  I hope this makes sense.  Again if people want help, a lot of Vets will. It is a lot better on Line than here due to real time information, just like you want for your targeted team points.  Hope this helps. 

But rockett, don't you know?
    There ARE no 50 point queues, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find anything worth more than 30 points!

Snark all you want.  I'm in the 600+ days and recently crossed the 5* threashold.  For the 600+ days before I had 2 5* champs I think I saw 60 or more points 4 times total in all those days playing every PvP.  50 was pretty rare also, usually the high point was 38-48.  Now that I have 2 5*s I see 70s and 75s all the time.  That fact that it's possible for you is because you're practically playing a different game then the people it's impossible for.  This is ultimately why PvP is so broken, there's so much variability in experience based on roster and changing SCLs does nothing to change that.  Super broken.
    With the way MMR works, Pvp is about separating yourself away from your peers.  Peers as in people who have similar rosters as yours.  The reason it's easier for 5* players to find 75 point queues are because there's less of us and our scoring potential is much higher.  There is almost no bottle neck for us.  We can freely move up and down in scores.  If I only have 2-3 people who have a similar roster and score as me at a given time, than the rest of my qeueus are going to be filled in with people who have similar roster, but much higher and/or lower scores.  The points that I am queuing up will range from 20-75.  Makes sense.  

For 4* players, you guys are over crowded and there are humongous bottle necks at 800-900 and 1100-1200.  Because there are so many with similar roster and scores as them, they queue lower point scores, but with less variance.  I don't know who told you to avoid 50 point queues, but that person is a fool.  50 is nice and healthy.  Take it.  If all you see are 30 point queues, it means you are very, very close to breaking away from your peers.  Hit them, break away, and your MMR will open up.  You will see 60-75 point queues.  Doesn't mean those high pointers will have similar roster as yours though.  If they are outscoring you to the point they are worth 75, then most likely they have a stronger team.  Learn to hit them.  Get comfortable hitting them.  

So many 4* players seem to think they can hit similar teams to get to 1200.  Untrue.  There are too many who fail to reach 900 and 1200.  There aren't enough who succeed to the point that you can ride just them.  Instead you have to piggy back off of 5* players.  This means being able to take down a team with at least 1 5* champ is pretty much required.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ruinate said:
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    So another thing I have been thinking about and wanted to bring up.  I have seen many people complain about the points given for a match. I think others have explained it, but I want to make sure. 

If you are at 800 and shield, get 1 beatable match for 50 points from player ABC and another match for 50 points from player XYZ. Let's say you are on a 8 hour shield.  Once you are ready to make your 900 run you get ready. You do the first match from player ABC and it is worth 60.  Wooo.  This means the ABC shielded at some point to protect his score.  Next match you play XYZ and they are worth 10. Well
    damn. Why is that. All you wanted is to hit 900 and free fall back.  Well......player XYZ is YOU. They play just like you. They made what they wanted and walked away.  This is not the point PVP system fault. This is the Demi/D3 server side fault.  This has always been like this every since I started to play PVP. This in fact had been a complaint for a long long time.  I personally don't think that the servers at Demi/D3 can handle true live updates of this. 

Example, I can do a shield hop, get hit in PVP and re shield.  I have had hits come in AFTER I shielded. Heck at times it takes up to 5 minutes before I know who hit me.  It is all server lag and always has been here.   I feel you play PVE on a high end, and now with animations off, if you watch the point while doing your end grind, you will see the sever not keeping up.  Meaning that you do a clear and it says 300 and you get 140, which the 140 is right. As much as we want Live and Now with this game, we are all held back by whatever the server side is.  For those who have not been around, please look back at the massive outage during the first boss events.  Some hampsters died, vets will get that line. This was a major issue during those events, i fact complete blackout.  

The best suggestion I can give is this.  Keep 1 node open. Before you break shield, like 10 mins before, use your "open" node and dump your cache which would be 5-8 skips depending. Check current Qs to see if there is something better for you to hit. After you dump your cache this will show you Live and fresh teams.  I hope this makes sense.  Again if people want help, a lot of Vets will. It is a lot better on Line than here due to real time information, just like you want for your targeted team points.  Hope this helps. 

But rockett, don't you know?
    There ARE no 50 point queues, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find anything worth more than 30 points!

Snark all you want.  I'm in the 600+ days and recently crossed the 5* threashold.  For the 600+ days before I had 2 5* champs I think I saw 60 or more points 4 times total in all those days playing every PvP.  50 was pretty rare also, usually the high point was 38-48.  Now that I have 2 5*s I see 70s and 75s all the time.  That fact that it's possible for you is because you're practically playing a different game then the people it's impossible for.  This is ultimately why PvP is so broken, there's so much variability in experience based on roster and changing SCLs does nothing to change that.  Super broken.
    With the way MMR works, Pvp is about separating yourself away from your peers.  Peers as in people who have similar rosters as yours.  The reason it's easier for 5* players to find 75 point queues are because there's less of us and our scoring potential is much higher.  There is almost no bottle neck for us.  We can freely move up and down in scores.  If I only have 2-3 people who have a similar roster and score as me at a given time, than the rest of my qeueus are going to be filled in with people who have similar roster, but much higher and/or lower scores.  The points that I am queuing up will range from 20-75.  Makes sense.  

For 4* players, you guys are over crowded and there are humongous bottle necks at 800-900 and 1100-1200.  Because there are so many with similar roster and scores as them, they queue lower point scores, but with less variance.  I don't know who told you to avoid 50 point queues, but that person is a fool.  50 is nice and healthy.  Take it.  If all you see are 30 point queues, it means you are very, very close to breaking away from your peers.  Hit them, break away, and your MMR will open up.  You will see 60-75 point queues.  Doesn't mean those high pointers will have similar roster as yours though.  If they are outscoring you to the point they are worth 75, then most likely they have a stronger team.  Learn to hit them.  Get comfortable hitting them.  

So many 4* players seem to think they can hit similar teams to get to 1200.  Untrue.  There are too many who fail to reach 900 and 1200.  There aren't enough who succeed to the point that you can ride just them.  Instead you have to piggy back off of 5* players.  This means being able to take down a team with at least 1 5* champ is pretty much required.  
    Nobody ever said to avoid 50 pointers.
    We always advise to avoid anything below 38-40.