For the Mods, in reference to cheating discussions

Comments

• tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    ... Are our egos that inflated over a match 3 game?...

All your arguments are strong in regards to counterpointing the OP take on the situation. I do however take a slight at the above statement in particular.

It is inaccurate/disingenuous/<pick a word> to say such a thing. It trivializes the point of the post. When we agree to play any game (paid or not) we agree to follow the rules as presented. When others cheat it takes away from the enjoyment of the game. Each person who in good faith enters into the agreement should have the expectation of game being played as intended. I personally do not want to quit playing a game because of a cheater, I'd rather they went away. If a guy cheats at checkers, that reputation follows him and he doesn't find many to play with as society puts pressure on him in the form being shunned. They either quit cheating or quit playing for lack of players. Here it appears they can cheat and keep on going business as usual and the rules followers are punished by being in a "dirty pool" as it were.

Even after all your strong points, I agree with the OP.

Discussion appears to be civil among folks in here so keep up the good discussion. 

Edit: It appears to have gotten decidedly nasty since I wrote my post. :(
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now there is a person that has a 3* roster that is winning in PVP against champed 5* teams without using 3* DP.  You hit him once, he hits you back 2 times in the amount of time it takes you to hit him once. This has been reported buy S1 people for a few weeks now, and still is in game.  This person is using a (ok. So this is where i would be honest and tell exact what he is doing to win. I have been told not to bring up the exact hacks and cheats so I cannot be honest and open about this) to do this.  Can't believe that they have been reported and not boxed yet.  And yes.  Non champed maxed 3* taking down Gambit and Thor teams.  Even 550 teams.  Sure...legit. 
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Right now there is a person that has a 3* roster that is winning in PVP against champed 5* teams without using 3* DP.  You hit him once, he hits you back 2 times in the amount of time it takes you to hit him once. This has been reported buy S1 people for a few weeks now, and still is in game.  This person is using a (ok. So this is where i would be honest and tell exact what he is doing to win. I have been told not to bring up the exact hacks and cheats so I cannot be honest and open about this) to do this.  Can't believe that they have been reported and not boxed yet.  And yes.  Non champed maxed 3* taking down Gambit and Thor teams.  Even 550 teams.  Sure...legit. 
    Man this is a huge issue with me. Not allowing us to communicate about it here on the official game Forum. I see these cheating threads pop up all the time. I've been playing the game nearly two years now. Do you know how many times I've seen a cheater? Zero. Because while I know people cheat, I have no idea what they're doing. 

I could care less if the mod squad thinks that talking about cheating will encourage it. I simply don't like being left in the dark as to what is going on in a game that I have invested time and money.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Beer40 said:
    Man this is a huge issue with me. Not allowing us to communicate about it here on the official game Forum. I see these cheating threads pop up all the time. I've been playing the game nearly two years now. Do you know how many times I've seen a cheater? Zero. Because while I know people cheat, I have no idea what they're doing. 

I could care less if the mod squad thinks that talking about cheating will encourage it. I simply don't like being left in the dark as to what is going on in a game that I have invested time and money.
    @Beer40 ever wonder where my last cheating post went?
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Beer40 said:

@Beer40 ever wonder where my last cheating post went?
    I've also reported the same cheater.  My ticket was "escalated", but that was the last time I've heard anything about it.
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Im curious to know if/when this is resolved if said player is still in the game.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Im curious to know if/when this is resolved if said player is still in the game.
    Yes, they are still in game.  Both the player in the original topic, and the player that I was referring to just above your reply.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    No one gets boxed;  don’t hold your breath for anything to happen.  Starting exploiting yourself. It’s a victimless crime with no repercussions.
  • Mustache1
    Mustache1 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I sent a ticket on an S1 cheater with screen shots on 11/22. No response.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone.

As some of you may know, there has been a particular player that the community has recently brought to our attention. We have investigated the player’s account, and found there was an error on our part that created their rapid roster growth; a combination of legitimate Customer Support cover swaps, and an oversight with accreditation of Classic Legends characters.

We will be working with this player to address this incident, and resolve it in a fair and appropriate manner. We apologize for any confusion this situation has caused.
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders couldn't have spun cheating as well.
    I'm not saying that Tony Snow got cancer from spreading lies but it was a combination of legitimate Cellular regrowth, and an oversight with accreditation of really bad karma. 
    -don't be a tool for crooks and flimflam operators.

Identify the vectors that could make a cheat like this possible. hackers or through inside collusion. There are employees that are creating and disseminating the means to cheat. That is why nothing is getting done or will get done. The mods are toeing the line and shutting down the threads and discussions that follow the rules but persistently bring awareness of the company's dirty tricks.

Big ups to OP for bringing the heat: never give up! never surrender! your waging the good fight

*Removed Russian from post - Ducky
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    No one gets boxed;  don’t hold your breath for anything to happen.  Starting exploiting yourself. It’s a victimless crime with no repercussions.
    This is the danger.  The encouragement and incentive to cheat.
  • LifeofAgony
    It’s a danger:  you point out a major exploit that has happened in the last 12 months that has been met with anything beyond silence and apathy.  I’ll wait.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    As players (regardless of how much money we've put into the game), all we want is that people who have been known to exploit methods of cheating (whatever they may be; I don't know and I don't want to know) are identified and prevented from exploiting them further (and punished accordingly - this includes being banned) and said methods rendered useless so that others may not seek to use them in the future. 

Furthermore, an improved level of communication between the developers and the player base would be most welcome. This is not the fault of @Brigby, who in my opinion is doing a great job. But we as players need to know that these issues are being addressed and actively worked on as a matter of urgency. This would go a good way to improve the level of happiness of players who frequent this forum and also help to protect the revenue stream. Paying players will surely be happier to pay knowing that glitches and exploits cannot be used by cheaters to get ahead of them.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Ducky said:
    ***The account in question has been looked into and @Brigby has given you said results in this thread. Any further accusations will be dealt with as rule violations because they are. If you believe anyone is cheating, report it CS. The forum is not the place to accuse people of cheating.***
    I think part of the problem is the ticketing system is seem as a black hole.

Players - especially those that have invested money in this game - feel ignored when they submit a ticket.  There is no corrective action taken, or feedback from the ticket itself that indicates the problem is being resolved.

And when the player is spotted again, days or weeks later, it reinforces the belief that the ticketing system isn't effective.

This is directly reinforced by the long posts about "the account in question"... which was escalated seemingly only after multiple forum posts.

So you have a Black Hole of no feedback compared to immediate visibility (and seemingly swift action)  - which course of action would you take?

Perhaps one improvement would be to enhance the level of communication back to the ticket reporter - beyond the canned responses...
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    wait what??? there are seriously people in this universe who have spend more then 100000 dollar on this game? if that is true. why do people complain about the 6300 dollar for the loot boxes in star wars games by EA?

seriously who in his right mind spend 100.000 dollar on a match 3 game? i just cant comprehend this mindset. 

i am not saying, you should lock this person directly up in an asylum, but would it not be better to spend that much money on something like your own run charity, or creating your own match 3 computergame?

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    8punch said:
    wait what??? there are seriously people in this universe who have spend more then 100000 dollar on this game? if that is true. why do people complain about the 6300 dollar for the loot boxes in star wars games by EA?

seriously who in his right mind spend 100.000 dollar on a match 3 game? i just cant comprehend this mindset. 

i am not saying, you should lock this person directly up in an asylum, but would it not be better to spend that much money on something like your own run charity, or creating your own match 3 computergame?

Well, I think it's nuts to spend that kind of cash, but I don't want to tell other people what to do with their money.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I can certainly understand the concern that players are expressing, as cheating is definitely a behavior we do not condone. Having said that though, it can sometimes be a challenge identifying certain cheats, as naturally cheaters would want to hide their actions from us, as best as possible. We are actively investigating these issues players have mentioned, but please understand that in-depth investigations do take time. This is especially true when it comes to a player being reported, since an immediate reaction without investigation could potentially lead to false flagging of cheaters.

When it comes to communication of potential exploits or cheats, that can also be challenging. If we acknowledge an exploit exists, prior to implementing a fix, then the number of exploiters may potentially increase, knowing there isn't a fix yet. If we deny the existence of an exploit though, then players may believe we are blatantly dismissive of the situation, and not looking into it.

This is why we must keep it open-ended, and simply confirm with players that we are in-fact actively investigating any reports we receive.
  • LifeofAgony
    You are blatantly dismissive of the situation(s).  The spin of this post is literally 200 words that amount to nothing.  I don’t even know where to start.

There are known exploits that @Brigby has previously posted stating that devs are aware of and would “take appropriate actions”.

NOTHING was done, nothing will be done.

How about erring on the side of boxing people and let them provide you their case as to how they didn’t cheat/exploit.