God of Lies: May 2-4

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    MNMags + Doom + Loki might be fun if a little one dimensional...

(I'll probably stick with Punisher + OBW)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think I may run Patch/Loki/CMag. Loki will tank black, purple, and probably green, mags will only have blue (and not need to actually match anymore once he hits five), while Patch has red and (to the extent I match it) yellow. Every color but yellow will feed a useful ability or two; I should be able to get plenty of purple for magnetic translocation, black for Loki, and absolutely abuse Patch. My plan is to come out of pretty much every battle with only Loki down (m)any hitpoints.

I'll be suprised if your team suggestion is not the dominent choice. It was certainly my intention.

BTW I maxed loki today, had 60k iso burning a hole in my wallet and already had loki at 102 since he was patches partner for a while.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wonder if I should run Patch or not. On one hand, the combo is hilarious if you pull it off yourself. On the other hand, using Patch when everyone is forced to run his best counter might not be so smart.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Great a Loki event and im forced to used a borrowed one icon_razz.gif oh well o-o who to use with him....
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think I may run Patch/Loki/CMag. Loki will tank black, purple, and probably green, mags will only have blue (and not need to actually match anymore once he hits five), while Patch has red and (to the extent I match it) yellow. Every color but yellow will feed a useful ability or two; I should be able to get plenty of purple for magnetic translocation, black for Loki, and absolutely abuse Patch. My plan is to come out of pretty much every battle with only Loki down (m)any hitpoints.
    just run the loaner 0_0 The loaner will probably hopefully tank purple and if not, Patch can take it. I ran the loaner Falcon in Top Gun despite having a 3/1/1 one myself because he was a total pushover and died way too often.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I wonder if I should run Patch or not. On one hand, the combo is hilarious if you pull it off yourself. On the other hand, using Patch when everyone is forced to run his best counter might not be so smart.

All you have to do is deny black and you'll be fine. The AI is not likely to stumble into 11 black before you kill its team unless there's a crazy amount on the board or you just let them get it. And this may be a very quick kill team.

There's also the fact that a lot of your opponents will be running 23rd level donor Lokis, or ones not very advanced beyond it, and may need 15 black to pull off his skill.
    locked wrote:
    just run the loaner 0_0 The loaner will probably hopefully tank purple and if not, Patch can take it. I ran the loaner Falcon in Top Gun despite having a 3/1/1 one myself because he was a total pushover and died way too often.

Huh? Why would I give up a few thousand hit points, take a higher cost for his best skill, the ability to use an otherwise useless character to tank damage, and the ability to heal him with a bonus for possibly saving myself a healing pack every so often? He'll have the most hitpoints of anyone on my team, plus he'll tank damage in three colors, plus he'll discourage a bunch of people with lower rosters from retaliating. I'll essentially be running with three useful characters, whereas a bunch of people will only be running two.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And its doc doom!
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Doom covers. Whoopdidoo. Hard to get excited with these rewards.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Huh? Why would I give up a few thousand hit points, take a higher cost for his best skill, the ability to use an otherwise useless character to tank damage, and the ability to heal him with a bonus for possibly saving myself a healing pack every so often? He'll have the most hitpoints of anyone on my team, plus he'll tank damage in three colors, plus he'll discourage a bunch of people with lower rosters from retaliating. I'll essentially be running with three useful characters, whereas a bunch of people will only be running two.
    Loki will be your buffest character? Of all people?..

Oh... oh.. okay then, you might be right. Still, the loaner saves your healthpacks (at least during the initial push) much better than your own.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am more interested in the second tier ares award myself. A useful. (to me at leasr) cover that I don't need to get another roster slot for.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My starting nodes: 3 teams with maxed 2*s.
    All of which are able to retaliate at any time.
    I guess it's not enough to make PVE life hell for high level players, now the fun must be sucked out of PVP as well.
    Thanks D3.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have you guys seen the token pack for this? Chance at a loki has been reduced to 10%, which is what im expecting them to do for packs from now on. Pretty disappointing.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    These events really screw with me in a way. This current punisher pvp I only need a top 50 finish to get a purple Loki cover (I need two purple to max him out) at the start of it I'm just putzing along winning matches here and there...now I'm over 1000 points which isn't personally necessary...but I find myself competing for the alliance, trying to boost the overall score so folks that need those alliance rewards can get them.

I expect the same thing to occur in the Loki pvp as I need two blue covers for Doom.

I guess what I'm getting at is I feel the need to compete for the sake of the alliances lower end players. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have played the Punisher or Loki pvp. Sure, you could cite the season as a reason to compete, but I'm not worried (see: don't really care) about my placement there.

Just an interesting personal observation.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I'll be suprised if your team suggestion is not the dominent choice. It was certainly my intention.

BTW I maxed loki today, had 60k iso burning a hole in my wallet and already had loki at 102 since he was patches partner for a while.

You hit me in One Man Army today icon_evil.gif

I too have invested heavily in Loki. I've got him at 100 currently.
  • Unknown
    Options
    These events really screw with me in a way. This current punisher pvp I only need a top 50 finish to get a purple Loki cover (I need two purple to max him out) at the start of it I'm just putzing along winning matches here and there...now I'm over 1000 points which isn't personally necessary...but I find myself competing for the alliance, trying to boost the overall score so folks that need those alliance rewards can get them.

I expect the same thing to occur in the Loki pvp as I need two blue covers for Doom.

I guess what I'm getting at is I feel the need to compete for the sake of the alliances lower end players. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have played the Punisher or Loki pvp. Sure, you could cite the season as a reason to compete, but I'm not worried (see: don't really care) about my placement there.

Just an interesting personal observation.

Same here, my Doom is maxed but I still feel like pushing for the alliance, which is undoubtedly d3p's sinister plan for alliances all along

(And I expect our guys to cancel their vacations and get me a Nick Fury cover in return! *whipcrack*)
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Loki will be your buffest character? Of all people?..

Oh... oh.. okay then, you might be right. Still, the loaner saves your healthpacks (at least during the initial push) much better than your own.

Well, buffed 50% he will be.

All this just became incredibly irrelevant because my Doom is already 5/5.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I really like what they did to the tourney layout. For reference:

R2T1kVUl.png

It makes Loki look 20% cooler than he actually is in-game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:

R2T1kVUl.png

Ya I came here to say this, pretty picture. It's no torch which definitely looks the best but this is pretty dam good. Still like movie Loki better, comic book Loki face looks dumb.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    locked wrote:

R2T1kVUl.png

I agree, it looks very good. With that said I hope we get a bagman PVP...the art could be him giving us the finger.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:

R2T1kVUl.png

I agree, it looks very good. With that said I hope we get a bagman PVP...the art could be him giving us the finger.

And the center "icon" is a giant "Kick Me" sign
This discussion has been closed.