Cosmic Legendary Store and Taco Store Discounts (9/20/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

For the next Deadpool's Daily Quest there will be an all-new Legendary Store, and a discount on purchases in the Taco Vault: Savory store. These are both limited-time offers ending on 9/25 at 5:50 EDT.

The Cosmic Legendary Cover Store will give you a chance to pull a cover of Thanos (The Mad Titan), Silver Surfer (Sky Rider), Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2), and 4-Stars until September 25th 6:00am EDT. During that time, a Cosmic Legendary Token will be available as a reward in the Crash of the Titans mission, an item in the Taco Vault: Savory store, and can be purchased for 25 Command Points. There will be a 25% discount on Hero Points required to pull items from this vault.

Please see below for more details:

Cosmic Legendary Store:
    • Starts: 9/20 6:00 am EDT
    • Ends: 9/25 5:50 am EDT
    • 15% chance to get a Thanos (The Mad Titan), Silver Surfer (Sky Rider), or Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) cover.
    • 42.5% chance to get a Latest 4-Star
    • 42.5% chance to get all other 4-Stars
    • Additional tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points
    Deadpool's Daily Quest Taco Stores
    • Starts: 9/20 6:00 am EDT
    • Ends: 9/25 5:50 am EDT
    • 25% discount on all purchases (1x/150 HP, 10x 1,350 HP, 40x 5250 HP, Reset 750 HP)
    • The Latest Legendary token in the Taco Vault: Savory store has been replaced with a Cosmic Legendary token
    • The Crash of the Titan mission will reward a Cosmic Legendary token instead of a Latest Legendary token.

Comments

• DJSquiggy
      DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
      Options
      so, is this new store on rotation?  or is it a one time deal?
    • Beer40
      Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
      Options
      Only took me around 250 CP to pull a Court Death. That's a hell of a lot better than 720!
    • HaywireII
      HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
      Options
      I would have preferred that this store also use Latest Legends tokens instead of coming up with a new unique token.  The more spread out and diluted my purchasing choices are across multiple stores and tokens the harder it gets to fully cover one 5 star character.
    • TeamStewie
      TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      Why not just give them a higher draw rate and leave them where they were?
    • pheregas
      pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Hey look, vaulted characters now cost 5 CP more!  They reduced the value of the DDQ Crash Token!  Good job!
    • Knaaks
      Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
      Options
      There's about a dozen 4's that if I pull a cover for I would have to just sell for ISO because I can't afford to champ them so I am not pulling any sort of Legendary token at all right now.  What happens to these tokens in 5 days after the vault expires?  When I am ready to pull again (in approx. 12 years, with how stupid fast new characters come out) will I still have the 15% at Thanos, SL, and SS or will it convert to a latest legends token?
    • DAZ0273
      DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Hi Brigby - I'm assuming the End time on Taco Store discounts should read 9/25?
    • HaywireII
      HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
      Options
      Knaaks said:
      There's about a dozen 4's that if I pull a cover for I would have to just sell for ISO because I can't afford to champ them so I am not pulling any sort of Legendary token at all right now.  What happens to these tokens in 5 days after the vault expires?  When I am ready to pull again (in approx. 12 years, with how stupid fast new characters come out) will I still have the 15% at Thanos, SL, and SS or will it convert to a latest legends token?
      It's always going to be a Cosmic Legends token.  I can't see them inventing a new token every 5 days if they make this a permanent thing but I could see them rotating the 5 stars in the Cosmic Legends store every crash.
    • The rockett
      The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Since this is a 25 CP pull and a new token, the question is about CS cover swaps.  Will CS treat this like Latest or Classics?  Please let us know. 
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Thank you for this information brigby, but it is hard to evaluate the cosmic legends store without additional information:

(1) is this change permanent?
      (2) will the cosmic store rotate every 5 days?
      (3) will the latest legends tokens that were previously rewarded for crash of titans be made available to players by any other means?
      (4) will customer service swap useless 6th covers for cosmic legends?

Thanks.
    • huktonfonix
      huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
      Options
      @Brigby - can you please find out if swaps will be allowed for duplicate colors from this Cosmic store (like Latest Legends) or not?
    • Beer40
      Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
      Options
      Nepenthe said:
      Cosmic Legends Store!?  Where have I heard that before?   o:)
      So you're the one to blame for it being Thanos + Silver Surfer instead of Thanos + Black Bolt  ;)
    • Milk Jugz
      Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      @Brigby

Can you shed some light on if this is a one time vault or a rotating vault changing when the DDQ changes? I love the options to chase a select set of 5* characters!!!!
    • smoq84
      smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      I also would like to know the answer for the questions.

Especially regarding Customer Support treating Cosmic in the same way like Latest.

I've been hoarding some CPs for Anniversary in case of any revolution and I don't want to spend them without the full information.
    • byc
      byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      I ponder if this is a permanent shift towards spreading out Legend tokens to prevent hoarders from having equal shot at any Latest Legend in the future.

In fact, maybe Latest Legends won't exist going forward, just specific Legend tokens.

This is not necessarily bad, as forcing limited choices also means those choices are much easier to obtain.  I have a 12 cover Thanos.  Although I have to pay 25 CP, I would gain a much higher chance to get my last Thanos cover than from Classic Legends.
    • Xalthim
      Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
      Options
      1. its 14% chance at a 5*
      2. how are odds 4* odds the same if some are 3x?
    • Milk Jugz
      Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      I'm all for rotating the 5* in vaults 3 at a time. Something needs to be done about the dilution in classic vault!
    • Nepenthe
      Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      Beer40 said:
      Nepenthe said:
      Cosmic Legends Store!?  Where have I heard that before?   o:)
      So you're the one to blame for it being Thanos + Silver Surfer instead of Thanos + Black Bolt  ;)
      Would you believe that was deliberate to not make any on the pairings seem "too powerful" to the devs, so they'd be more likely to go for it? (And to have most of the oldest 5*s represented.)

Is that more plausible than "I didn't really know enough about the Inhumans at the time to think of Black Bolt as cosmic?"