Cosmic Legendary Store and Taco Store Discounts (9/20/17)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,332 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    whoami said:
    Here is something stupid that I did. I have a 5/3/1 Thanos, and had about 600 cp. I used the load on the cosmic store, got one star lord and 2 Thanos black. Not knowing about the swap policy for cosmic legends, I sold my Thanos black for ISO out of extreme frustration. I contacted CS but am not optimistic. Am I screwed?
    Man, that sucks.  You are probably out of luck.  CS has always required me to have the cover in my vine, which they confirm, then ask me to sell before sending a new one.

I admit, I do not know if they can restore/confirm a sold cover.  I would not be optimistic given that this situation is already an exception to current policy (only swap Latest).
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The token from the clash got me sandman yellow. The only 4* cover I can’t use. Then I opened 5 more to get sl, since will need him for the essential node. The other 4 were 2x ss black (now 2/1/5), a useable vulture green and another sandman yellow. Tempted to keep going to finish sandman (3/3/5).
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you Brigby for great information!

I have just spend my hoarded 800CPs and got 3x Thanos (after cover swaps he will be at 10 covers) and 3x Star-Lord (12 covers after cover swap), which I'm very happy with :)
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have found a sixth  RED Silver Surfer, so I asked to swap it for a Black one. Thank you for the advice @Brigby   :)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Beer40 said:

Well tinykitty, this puts me in a tough spot for something that should be a fun decision to make. Thanos vs Spider-Man vs OML (maybe, if I'm reading the "as of right now" correctly). 

Might I suggest a "Marvel Favorites" next vault with the three above mentioned characters in there?  :D
    As of right now = I unfortunately am not aware of any potential future plans for these types of stores
    Can I suggest that you go back and tell them that stores like this or a complete overhaul of the classic legends is seriously needed to combat the dilution of 5* in that token, an issue that has just become increasingly important with this introduction of 5* essential nodes where all 5*s will be required despite players still being at the mercy of rng to get them after all this time.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    a rotating set of 5* 3packs with swaps would be a fine addition to game.  I just hope that policy is well communicated with a straightforward and easy to understand rotation.  

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl said:
    Brigby said:
    Beer40 said:

Well tinykitty, this puts me in a tough spot for something that should be a fun decision to make. Thanos vs Spider-Man vs OML (maybe, if I'm reading the "as of right now" correctly). 

Might I suggest a "Marvel Favorites" next vault with the three above mentioned characters in there?  :D
    As of right now = I unfortunately am not aware of any potential future plans for these types of stores
    Can I suggest that you go back and tell them that stores like this or a complete overhaul of the classic legends is seriously needed to combat the dilution of 5* in that token, an issue that has just become increasingly important with this introduction of 5* essential nodes where all 5*s will be required despite players still being at the mercy of rng to get them after all this time.
    I'm down with more stores like this if and only if there isn't suddenly token dilution with each store having it's own token.  Either make LTs work for all the stores or have these stores not have tokens.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Thanos has had an absolutely awful 0/5/5 build for awhile now. After hearing CS will swap from cosmic vault I emptied the ~900 CP I've hoarded since classic odds day. Pulled a Thanos black and green, CS has given me no issues swapping out my green for another black. Any CP I earn between now and the vault ending I'll keep pulling hoping for that one more Thanos cover I need.....
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    out of 59 pulls from the cosmic legendary store i got 1 5* surfer.  That is absolutely ridiculous.  One of the reasons that I am just about done with this game.  @Brigby maybe you should discuss things like this with customer service too.  
  • Roguewookie26
    Options
    followed that up with 23 latest legends token pulls.  0 5* pulls.  so out if 82 legendary pulls i got 1 5*.  1 in 7 my ****.  
  • Roguewookie26
    Options
    got enough cp and latest token to do 2 more of each.  no 5*  thats 1 5* out of 86 total pulls.  
  • AionTeleos
    AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nepenthe said:
    Brigby said:
    Beer40 said:

I suggest everyone who wants to see more of these themed legend stores in the future crack their hoards and get at least a few Cosmic Legends so the devs see good numbers on them.
    I blew through a third of my hoard in hopes of encouraging them to feature stores like this in the future. I'm saving the rest of it in case the anniversary is amazing.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if there was just some way that we could swap covers... cs might appreciate that feature.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    My Thanos has had an absolutely awful 0/5/5 build for awhile now. After hearing CS will swap from cosmic vault I emptied the ~900 CP I've hoarded since classic odds day. Pulled a Thanos black and green, CS has given me no issues swapping out my green for another black. Any CP I earn between now and the vault ending I'll keep pulling hoping for that one more Thanos cover I need.....
    Good luck Mr. Jugz hope you get that Thanos cover ya need!

Thanos makes pve clears a breeze.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What I love about this is that this is tacit admissions that Thanos is fine and won't be nerfed.  Or it's a major troll job if they nerf him soon afterwards lol.
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    Conspiracy theory: cosmic store designed to whittle down existing hoards before they make a change to LT odds similar to the recent odds bug. Diabolical!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opened 1000cp in this store hoping for Thanos and my first Silver Surfer cover. Ended up with 4 Starlord covers. Random they say? 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Good luck Mr. Jugz hope you get that Thanos cover ya need!

Thanos makes pve clears a breeze.
    I got him today!! He's my 3rd fully covered 5*, and in the next few weeks will be my 2nd champ 5.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opened 1000cp in this store hoping for Thanos and my first Silver Surfer cover. Ended up with 4 Starlord covers. Random they say? 
    Just another in a stupidly long line of examples of how rng is a lousy way to design an endgame.