Cosmic Legendary Store and Taco Store Discounts (9/20/17)

Options

Comments

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And yes, I also believe these new tokens will package 2 strongs, 1 weak.  It helps keeps the metagame from completely being dominated by one type of team.
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    I really want an in-game solution to color swapping.  take CS out of it, put it in the hands of the players.  then we dont have to keep asking and worrying if this new store will allow for CS cover swaps, which never feels like something they want to do anyway.

.....i'll get off my soapbox now.....and i will mention i had a great idea for this...
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/61368/gwenpools-discount-cover-emporium#latest
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No thanks
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xalthim said:
    how are odds 4* odds the same if some are 3x?
    Because there's only 12 of them that have the 3x rate, the remaining are at regular rate which is why they even out.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wow.  We already have more information from Discord than we do here.  Still no answer on the cover swaps. 

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wow.  We already have more information from Discord than we do here.  Still no answer on the cover swaps. 

Care to elaborate?
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Xalthim said:
    how are odds 4* odds the same if some are 3x?
    Because there's only 12 of them that have the 3x rate, the remaining are at regular rate which is why they even out.

ah! thx
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Care to elaborate?
    I just looked.  He exaggerates greatly.  All they said was this is currently a one time store with no current plans to make it permanent, but that doesn't mean they will never do it again.

They also said that these questions should go to Brigby and not them as they aren't supposed to / shouldn't be answering these.  Brigby was included on the message so I expect he'll come in and say it officially soon.

Oh they also said the 5* in the SCL7-9 required node won't be buffed, at least not in Venom Bomb.
  • The rockett
    Options
    broll said:

Care to elaborate?
    I just looked.  He exaggerates greatly.  All they said was this is currently a one time store with no current plans to make it permanent, but that doesn't mean they will never do it again.

They also said that these questions should go to Brigby and not them as they aren't supposed to / shouldn't be answering these.  Brigby was included on the message so I expect he'll come in and say it officially soon.

Oh they also said the 5* in the SCL7-9 required node won't be buffed, at least not in Venom Bomb.
    um........it is still more information than we currently have here.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby can we get our cosmic token swapped out for. Latest legendary?  With CS having a no swap policy on anything other than latest legendary 5* it seems unfair to those of us who only want to pull latest tokens for 5*.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had assumed they won't allow swaps of 6th covers and bought the 13th cover for my Thanos when I pulled my 6th green - based upon previous experiences with CS saying they will only swap those in latest legends
  • The rockett
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Thank you for this information brigby, but it is hard to evaluate the cosmic legends store without additional information:

(1) is this change permanent?
    (2) will the cosmic store rotate every 5 days?
    (3) will the latest legends tokens that were previously rewarded for crash of titans be made available to players by any other means?
    (4) will customer service swap useless 6th covers for cosmic legends?

Thanks.
    I guess this is the frustrating part for the player base.  These are the type of questions they should have answered in the announcement before they even post it, you know if it was even posted BEFORE it was live in game.  Everybody knows the first question is going to be about cover swaps.   Why would they not be proactive to have this in the post so we know instead of waiting. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Thank you for this information brigby, but it is hard to evaluate the cosmic legends store without additional information:

(3) will the latest legends tokens that were previously rewarded for crash of titans be made available to players by any other means?

Thanks.
    I guess this is the frustrating part for the player base.  These are the type of questions they should have answered in the announcement before they even post it, you know if it was even posted BEFORE it was live in game.  Everybody knows the first question is going to be about cover swaps.   Why would they not be proactive to have this in the post so we know instead of waiting. 
    Because it's not an official policy, presumably. I would operate under the assumption that they are working towards deny cover swap requests at all times.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Vhailorx said:

Thanks.
    Because it's not an official policy, presumably. I would operate under the assumption that they are working towards deny cover swap requests at all times.
    This is my one true need-not-be-spoken fear with this game.  I think installing a store of rotating 5s is the first step to that fear being realized. 
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby, the question of will CS swap covers for different colors is pretty much the deciding factor for whether I buy any Cosmic tokens or not.

I have:
    Thanos champed at 452, more covers would be great.
    Starlord fully covered but level 330. If I get more covers I can get the iso in time so still okay.
    Silver Surfer at 1/5/5, and I've already sold 6 or 7 black covers because they won't swap classic legends.  I would LOVE to finally complete him, but not sure I can stand spending 25 cp for even more wasted SS covers.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:

So you're the one to blame for it being Thanos + Silver Surfer instead of Thanos + Black Bolt  ;)
    I pulled a Silver Surfer cover.  It was exactly what I wanted.  A perfect fit.  Thanks, Cosmic Santa!
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    With my crash token, I pulled a Silver Surfer and my first bonus 5*, a green Black Bolt. I peed my pants a little.

But yeah, it would be great if rotating 5* stores became a thing, and it would be equally great to know if they're doing cover swaps for these stores.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I couldn't bring myself to spend the extra CP on these hoping for a Surfer (he and DD are not on my roster).

I'll stick to throwing away my CP at classics and continue to chase Black Bolt covers I can use there.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd rather Phoenix was added over Star-Lord.

She's cosmic too you know.