Cosmic Legendary Store and Taco Store Discounts (9/20/17)

1235»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl said:
    Opened 1000cp in this store hoping for Thanos and my first Silver Surfer cover. Ended up with 4 Starlord covers. Random they say? 
    Just another in a stupidly long line of examples of how rng is a lousy way to design an endgame.
    Lousy, maybe. Lucrative, though.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl said:
    Opened 1000cp in this store hoping for Thanos and my first Silver Surfer cover. Ended up with 4 Starlord covers. Random they say? 
    Just another in a stupidly long line of examples of how rng is a lousy way to design an endgame.
    I was gutted to say the least. Starlord is so poor! 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    just pulled my wad...

1300 cp. pulled 3 star lord - ok i guess, 4 ss - will be able to champ him if they'll switch a black for me, and 2 thanos - would have liked a couple more but i'll take it.

was able to champ cloak & dagger and vulture (and r&g, hobofist - if i had enough iso)

only had 3-4 covers i can't use, so i did ok.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry to those with poor pulls. I just did mine and for once I’m extremely pleased with the results. 
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Pulled 0/15 legendary covers (and one Thanos with a token earlier, admittedly). This is just ****. 
  • bluewolf
    It has been discussed elsewhere, maybe on the forum, that this was a one-off.  I agree that it would be nice to have something like this continue.  I managed to get one SS cover - not the 5 I wanted, but oh well....

I think we will see something like this again, but who knows when.

Maybe if whales weren't willing to spend $1000's on 5's we would see actual distribution by now vs this RNG joke we all put up with.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Crowl said:
    Try Starlord with 4*Grocket. You won't think he's "poor" then.
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2017
    Phumade said:
    Those whales who spend 1000s are why the game is still cheap to play.  If you want to see what will happen with no whales go play adventure time puzzle quest.  

If if you want to see the game with 1/2 the whale population.  Go plag Magic puzzle quest.

believe it or not the whale money shows up in the quality and stability of the game.

the other  licensed version of pq are terrible by comp
    I really, truly get that.  I just would like them to introduce a reasonable mechanism for getting a specific 5.  I'm sure others agree.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I pulled around 16-18.

I got Starlord (green), and Thanos (green).  I've contacted CS to exchange my Thanos since I have 12 covers, and black is the only one that can be leveled.
  • Nick441234
    BigBZ32 said:
    Crowl said:
    Thats all well and good, but when you put over 1000cp into a store that includes only 3 5*s in hope of getting at least one Silver Surfer cover now that 5*s are required, you are pretty damn furious to only draw 4 Starlord's. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigBZ32 said:
    Crowl said:
    Thats all well and good, but when you put over 1000cp into a store that includes only 3 5*s in hope of getting at least one Silver Surfer cover now that 5*s are required, you are pretty damn furious to only draw 4 Starlord's. 
    Yeah, that's pretty bad odds.... ~1/10.... I'd be upset too.... 
  • Nick441234
    Milk Jugz said:
    BigBZ32 said:
    Crowl said:
    Yeah, that's pretty bad odds.... ~1/10.... I'd be upset too.... 
    The odds dont upset me as much as 4 Starlord's did. RNG sucks, but I wouldn't mind it as much if it had been 1 Thanos, 1 Silver Surfer and 2 Starlord's. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017

I spent every last CP i could scratch together on the Cosmic store and managed to get a second cover for my 5/1/5 Thanos with my last pull.

CS just sent me the second swapped cover and I now have a (rather unexpected) first fully covered 5*

Big thanks to @Brigby for the news on the swap policy as well as CS who probably had to put in a few extra shifts for all the extra tickets.