Cosmic Legendary Store and Taco Store Discounts (9/20/17)

Options

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Thank you for this information brigby, but it is hard to evaluate the cosmic legends store without additional information:

(1) is this change permanent?
    (2) will the cosmic store rotate every 5 days?
    (3) will the latest legends tokens that were previously rewarded for crash of titans be made available to players by any other means?
    (4) will customer service swap useless 6th covers for cosmic legends?

Thanks.
    1) As of right now, the change to DDQ's Taco Store and the addition of the Cosmic Legendary Store are temporary, limited-time offers.
    2) As of right now, this store does not rotate. It will be ending after 5 days. (9/25 at 5:50am EDT)
    3) I am unaware of the Latest Legends token, previously rewarded from Crash of the Titans, being awarded anywhere else. This is only a temporary change to the Cosmic Store Token though, so it should return to Latest Legends after the store ends.
    4) We discussed this topic with Customer Support, and the Latest Legends cover swap policy will temporarily be applicable for Thanos (The Mad Titan), Silver Surfer, and Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) only if they were acquired through the Cosmic Legendary Store. This temporary change in policy will end when the Cosmic Legendary Store ends.
    Well ****, this puts me in a tough spot for something that should be a fun decision to make. Thanos vs Spider-Man vs OML (maybe, if I'm reading the "as of right now" correctly). 

Might I suggest a "Marvel Favorites" next vault with the three above mentioned characters in there?  :D
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Beer40 said:

Well tinykitty, this puts me in a tough spot for something that should be a fun decision to make. Thanos vs Spider-Man vs OML (maybe, if I'm reading the "as of right now" correctly). 

Might I suggest a "Marvel Favorites" next vault with the three above mentioned characters in there?  :D
    As of right now = I unfortunately am not aware of any potential future plans for these types of stores
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby Thank you.  Sorry for being a pain today, but these are great answers for us to know. It is great CS is doing these swaps. 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options

4) We discussed this topic with Customer Support, and the Latest Legends cover swap policy will temporarily be applicable for Thanos (The Mad Titan), Silver Surfer, and Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) only if they were acquired through the Cosmic Legendary Store. This temporary change in policy will end when the Cosmic Legendary Store ends.

Edit: Adding mentions for players that asked: 

@DJSquiggy @DAZ0273 @The rockett @Vhailorx @huktonfonix @Milk Jugz @smoq84 @wymtime @Nepenthe @Cactus_Jack_87
    Outstanding, thanks @Brigby!
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Beer40 said:

Well tinykitty, this puts me in a tough spot for something that should be a fun decision to make. Thanos vs Spider-Man vs OML (maybe, if I'm reading the "as of right now" correctly). 

As of right now = I unfortunately am not aware of any potential future plans for these types of stores
    I suggest everyone who wants to see more of these themed legend stores in the future crack their hoards and get at least a few Cosmic Legends so the devs see good numbers on them.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby thank you very much for the thorough answers, for taking the time to tag each questioner in your response, and for posting earlier as to the approximate time you'd be returning to answer questions.  Great customer service.

Now, can you do anything about the lousy 5/48 pull rate I just had on opening 1200 CP worth of cosmic tokens?  One more Thanos cover would do!  ;)
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I blew my whole hoard (1000CP) on this store. This is good. However I will cry my heart out if there's a better anniversary vault next month. This would be evil.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Thank you for this information brigby, but it is hard to evaluate the cosmic legends store without additional information:

(1) is this change permanent?
    (2) will the cosmic store rotate every 5 days?
    (3) will the latest legends tokens that were previously rewarded for crash of titans be made available to players by any other means?
    (4) will customer service swap useless 6th covers for cosmic legends?

Thanks.
    1) As of right now, the change to DDQ's Taco Store and the addition of the Cosmic Legendary Store are temporary, limited-time offers.
    2) As of right now, this store does not rotate. It will be ending after 5 days. (9/25 at 5:50am EDT)
    3) I am unaware of the Latest Legends token, previously rewarded from Crash of the Titans, being awarded anywhere else. This is only a temporary change to the Cosmic Store Token though, so it should return to Latest Legends after the store ends.

Edit: Adding mentions for players that asked: 

@DJSquiggy @DAZ0273 @The rockett @Vhailorx @huktonfonix @Milk Jugz @smoq84 @wymtime @Nepenthe @Cactus_Jack_87
    Hmm.... maybe I will try my luck at some of these then.

Follow-up question.  I currently have a 5/4/3 Thanos who is also flagged as a BH.  If I were to proc a black Thanos from BH would that be swappable?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv said:
    I blew my whole hoard (1000CP) on this store. This is good. However I will cry my heart out if there's a better anniversary vault next month. This would be evil.
    Yep, I'm not dumping my hoard just yet. Glad you got good results though!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Whoa, do you think demi and d3 know about this possibility?!  (/sarcasm).

As aesth pointed out in another thread, the logical chain here is not too complex:

(1) dislike player hoarding
    (2) announce introduction of 5* essential nodes
    (3) announce first essential is a recent and unpopular 5* than many people ignored in favor of hoarding.
    (4) introduce a new, limited time token store that just so happens to include the first essential 5* character.

There's not a lot confusion about what is happening here.  Demi/d3 wants to keep us opening tokens and churning through resources (people dont feel much urge to buy HP/cp when they are building massive hoards for months at a time).  So now we are being prodded to spend our hoards loading up for 5* essential nodes. And as a secondary bonus, this change will do something to mitigate the classic LT dilution problem that has now gotten pretty out of hand.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby thank you very much for the thorough answers, for taking the time to tag each questioner in your response, and for posting earlier as to the approximate time you'd be returning to answer questions.  Great customer service.

Now, can you do anything about the lousy 5/48 pull rate I just had on opening 1200 CP worth of cosmic tokens?  One more Thanos cover would do!  ;)
    Just trying to make up for the time I was gone at HasCon :) Glad I could help, although I don't think I'd be able to help you out THAT much :p

broll said:
    Hmm.... maybe I will try my luck at some of these then.

Follow-up question.  I currently have a 5/4/3 Thanos who is also flagged as a BH.  If I were to proc a black Thanos from BH would that be swappable?
    Unfortunately the Thanos acquired from the Bonus Hero would not be swappable. Sorry :(
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby, so just to be to extra clear about the cosmic heroes policy, here are four scenarios.  Plesse correct me if i am wrong

(1) open cosmic token, get unusable thanos cover: CS swaps
    (2) open any classic token and get unusable thanos cover: CS does NOT swap
    (3) open classic or latest token, and get bonus unusable thanos cover: CS does NOT swap??
    (4) open cosmic token and get bonus unusable thanos cover: CS swaps??
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So I just got a reply from customer service declining to do cover swaps from cosmic tokens....

The reply said they only do latest swaps. Maybe someone didn't get the memo?
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Now customer service is claiming that only the surfer red(only cover I could use) came from cosmic. The rest came from classics. I got 21 covers from 525 cp. The math doesn't match for classics. Only 5* I pulled were Surfer, Thanos and SL. Really weird to get just those 3 from classics.

@Brigby maybe you can help?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If this is a one off change , my question would be why have they done this 

the only thing I can think of is that they are the first 3 characters for the new 5* node 

I have ltd covers for all 3 so I won't be wasting my points on this 

think I'll hold out for the anniversary 
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

There's not a lot confusion about what is happening here.  Demi/d3 wants to keep us opening tokens and churning through resources (people dont feel much urge to buy HP/cp when they are building massive hoards for months at a time). 

Quoted for truth.

Of course, the natural progression for players is to at least roster each 5* with 1 cover (see also, no more solo 5* tokens at release) but otherwise hold onto hoards for a desirable store to become active.

I don't think we'll have to wait very long before we see the Cosmic token store (or similar) return. The current offer is certainly very appealing, but I'll be hoarding all of my resources until the anniversary, and don't really see this as a reason to change my current behaviour drastically.

• ProtoformX
    ProtoformX Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Am I missing something here: why is CS catering to whiners screwed by RNGesus giving them "unusable" covers?  This almost seems like cheating.  They're not unusable, they're iso.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Oct 16th will be my crack open date. This doesn’t change anything. Id like Thanos and it’s a nice idea and the ploy is obvious however I don’t want SL or SS.

I’m looking forward to anniversary event. Hopefully double iso again. Id rather not touch the hoard until Dr Oct is out but if they lay something tempting on the table then ill have to rethink. My 425 latest pulls are burning a hole in my pocket and making the game a little stagnant.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If the intention was to give a greater opportunity to roster an upcoming required 5* then... I pulled a Coulson. That could have happened with a regular LT also, so, C'est La Vie.
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Here is something stupid that I did. I have a 5/3/1 Thanos, and had about 600 cp. I used the load on the cosmic store, got one star lord and 2 Thanos black. Not knowing about the swap policy for cosmic legends, I sold my Thanos black for ISO out of extreme frustration. I contacted CS but am not optimistic. Am I screwed?