New store fix for Vaulting AND 5* dilution.

Options
Nepenthe
Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker

I’m hoping @Brigby will pass along this idea for a new store.  When I (and others) talked to @Cthulhu in the original bonus heroes thread, the main request was that we wanted a way to get legendary tokens that had the older, vaulted characters in them.  So far the devs have done vintage heroic tokens which have a chance at older characters, and Heroes for Hire store which lets you directly buy an older 4* with HP.  These are nice steps, but what is missing compared to what many of us wanted is something more like legendary tokens – a 4* & 5* token that we can buy with Command Points.  So here’s my suggestion, which I think addresses the vaulting as well as the dilution of older 5* characters in classic legendaries:

Rotating Themed Legendary Tokens

You could have a special temporary legendary store for like a week at a time, similar to the legendary stores when a new 5* is released, except with a limited pool of 5* and 4* characters that fit a theme such as team affiliation.  I propose it would cost 25 CP and have two 5*s at 5% chance each – the total chance at a 5* is then 10%, the same as the new release stores.  You’re still paying a premium for the more targeted pool.  Here’s some possible examples.

Spider Legends

5*s: Black Suit Spiderman and Green Goblin

4*s: Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Carnage, Venom, Kingpin, Agent Venom

X-men Legends

5*s: Old Man Logan and Phoenix

4*s: Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey, X-Force Wolverine, Professor X, X-23

Civil War Legends

5*s: Iron Man and Captain America

4*s: Hulkbuster, Winter Soldier, Sam Wilson, Ant-Man, War Machine, Captain Marvel (She was big in Civil War 2, right?  Maybe someone else has better suggestions there.)

Cosmic Legends

5*s: Silver Surfer and Thanos

4*s: Starlord, Drax, Nova, Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Moon Knight

Each of those examples has only six 4*s, but if you want it to be more, like 12 to match the new legendary token style, you could add some 4*s who don’t meet any of the other themes to each of them so that everybody is represented in at least one token.  If a different themed legendary store was available for, say, the week between pvp seasons I would definitely be spending CP on them!  There are plenty of older 5*s I didn’t get fully covered and are now facing classics dilution, and this would also be a token to get more champion levels for older 4*s, or finish covering them for newer players.

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The idea of a Vintage Legendary Store has been proposed since the beginning of vaulting, but this is a more detailed proposal.  I like it, but I doubt that they will take it because I haven't seen them use any of our ideas to date.

It seems like the only things they implement are things we never suggested. 
  • AionTeleos
    AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I really like this suggestion; it would meet the players' needs, and it doesn't seem like it would be a ton of work for the devs to implement it. @Brigby, please communicate this proposal to the development team!
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    unfortunately it will never happen because it doesn't put the player base at enough of a disadvantage. The only changes they make these days seem to be ways to make it worse, so that we might use real money to try to avoid the crapstorm
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awesome idea Nepenthe!!!! My Phoenix has been stuck at 3/3/5 for over a year now, she would love if this was implemented!!! And I would drop every cp I could get into your x-men legends vault!!! 
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Whoa you psychic cosmic legend