Infinity Season *Updated (9/19/17)

Options

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lots of vulgarity that would certainly get me banned if I actually expressed my feelings about this...... 
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It sounded interesting until I saw they're testing it with Best Friends Forever.. the worst PvP event! They must really want us to use the new rebalanced Kingpin.

@Brigby, will the boosted list be updated? It hasn't changed since it's release last Anniversary
    If they update the boosted list to include new 4*s, it could be Baby Groot & Gamora as far as the eye can see. If we're lucky, maybe Medusa & Carnage (or Lockjaw). You know, for something different.  :/
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking forward to this and to hear that they haven't scraped the win based system and are likely expanding to seasons eventually. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby, can you find out, if you don't know already, if alliance rewards will be tied to wins or points for the events and season?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    67 wins? Wow, i hope the rewards will be worth it...
  • J0nnythejig
    J0nnythejig Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Whilst I despise this new format and plan to just step around it like a steaming dog turd in the path - I do think this timing and mini-off season is the ideal compromise.  It allows us to take it or leave it without ruining the PvP we know and love,  I certainly have no time to turn PvP into a grind.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    While ~33 wins per match seems high, if top progression is 15 CP then I'm fine with it, as I've never been able to reach top progression in the existing system (whether it's an individual match or season) — if I can reach the 10 CP midpoint in about as many matches, I'm happy. And if I can make it to the 4* cover in even slightly more matches but with way less stress and time-sensitive playing, I'll consider it a win.

We really need to know what the spread of progression rewards is and what the required number of wins is for each before we can form any opinions.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i am optimistic about the win base system, can't wait to see it.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like the system but if it's still that may wins for the 4 star I will get to 575 reward in the first half hour of each event and bail. It was even easier to get to that point because I can hit anyone rather than 40 point plus scores. 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have stopped playing PvP 2 seasons ago (just can't do it anymore - stress, timing everything, missing rewards). I think 34 wins per event is too much unless - the CP is waiting at the end of that grind. If yes - I will play versus again. If not - i probably only play for 4* i want (which is not the case today, even the 575 CP was not forcing me to play.. maybe next season). 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Everytime I read of Progression rewards I feel happy!  Thank YOU!  Hope this will be where we are heading to  :D
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will there be similarly scaled alliance rewards as well? If so, will they be points or win based?
  • Evilplayer
    Evilplayer Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I hope this becomes permanent as soon as possible :) 
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    j0nats said:
    maybe the win based progression only applies to season rewards?   i still prefer the current system.  there is a reason pvp is not called pve.  and its because its not pve 

gating the 15 cp from progression and keeping it in top 10 placement will directly impact those of us trying to transition into 5 star land, but not strong enough to be in top 10.    

also, for those that keep whining about being hammered in pvp blah blah...  guess what.? we went thru that too.   but instead of whining, we clawed, scratched (sometimes bought) our way to improving our rosters.

Yes, let's continue this endless cycle of stupidity. It sucked for you? So it must suck for everyone else. A perfect attitude to never make any improvement.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    j0nats said:
    maybe the win based progression only applies to season rewards?   i still prefer the current system.  there is a reason pvp is not called pve.  and its because its not pve 

gating the 15 cp from progression and keeping it in top 10 placement will directly impact those of us trying to transition into 5 star land, but not strong enough to be in top 10.    

also, for those that keep whining about being hammered in pvp blah blah...  guess what.? we went thru that too.   but instead of whining, we clawed, scratched (sometimes bought) our way to improving our rosters.

and there is a reason why PVE is not called PVP, and it's because it's not PVP.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Actually, they are not called PVE or PVP; they are called Story Mode and Versus Mode. Because neither one is a true PVE or PVP.
    When you want to buy an orange do you take an apple to the register and then get mad at the cashier for not selling you an orange?

I commend the developers for continuing to look for new ways to adjust the rewards to make them more accessible. 
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While ~33 wins per match seems high, if top progression is 15 CP then I'm fine with it, as I've never been able to reach top progression in the existing system (whether it's an individual match or season) — if I can reach the 10 CP midpoint in about as many matches, I'm happy. And if I can make it to the 4* cover in even slightly more matches but with way less stress and time-sensitive playing, I'll consider it a win.

We really need to know what the spread of progression rewards is and what the required number of wins is for each before we can form any opinions.

I think what you said there, is exactly why they don't want to put top CP related to wins. It means anyone can grind out the wins, rather than restricting it. They will have a % in mind for who should get what rewards, and I'm sure anyone being able to do it would break their formula. 

Still seems a bit odd to me to make it the same as PvE but with much harder opponents, unless of course they plan to introduce another game mode on top of this at the Anniversary. I am happy for others who will benefit from this, though it will probably destroy a bit my enjoyment of PvP, but I guess thems the breaks.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who cares? It's an off-season. Take it off and skip it. Or play a few matches and get some prizes.

It's just another test. Not the final product.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Actually, they are not called PVE or PVP; they are called Story Mode and Versus Mode. Because neither one is a true PVE or PVP.
    When you want to buy an orange do you take an apple to the register and then get mad at the cashier for not selling you an orange?

I commend the developers for continuing to look for new ways to adjust the rewards to make them more accessible. 
    well i said that was a reply to another person, for me me does not matter what we call them, and i am glad the PVP progression reward system has been changed, well I am waiting to see more detail about it.