Infinity Season *Updated (9/19/17)

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Do loses count against you Brigby
    I believe it's the same as the previous Versus tournament structure where losses only count against you if you're going for placement; it does not affect your progression.

When it comes to all the questions about individual event progression, and where the location of the previously-progression CP awards are, I will pass those along to the developers and update everyone with their response
    wow, so we need to win 40 matches to get full progression again?  i am a late bracket player (playing about 2 hours at once) and barely got to about 25 wins. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sounded interesting until I saw they're testing it with Best Friends Forever.. the worst PvP event! They must really want us to use the new rebalanced Kingpin.

@Brigby, will the boosted list be updated? It hasn't changed since it's release last Anniversary
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Keep cp in progression and we won't have any issues
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merrick said:
    67 for a 2 event season. So all the way down from 40 to 34. Still way too high. 
    Maybe they moved the cp to the season's final progression prize. Possibly something like 30-32 wins for max progression in an individual event and then 67 total wins needed for a bigger chunk of cp at the end. So technically yeah it would be about 34 wins for each event to hit max progression for the season but let's say maybe life gets in the way, like a family emergency, so you're not able to do a lot of wins in the first event you could still get them from the second event.

In a way this would kinda be the pvp equivalent of what I want to see done in pve where you would have your regular rewards and then going past that would earn bonus progression rewards. And before people bite my head off I'd still rather see a dual system where people can get their 15 cp in an event from points if they don't want to do it via wins.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I did not care for the CP being placement only the last time this was run. If this is changed, then I think this will be awesome.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby Will there be any character reworks to go along with this mini-season?
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Daiches said:
    Cool. Now Versus is PVE too, without the story, but catered to the tappers with the most spare time.
    Good. since you don't have enough time you should just quit. The constant whining is finally getting old. It was funny at first but now it's just sad lol
    The inception effect going on here is pretty astounding.  You are whining about someone else's whining.  If that someone else is indeed whining, that whining is based off an in-game change resulting from many other people's whining.  I need to spin my top at this point to see what state I'm in.
    Did you have to read your post 20 times to make sure you said that all the right way? Lol.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    They are tryjng to reel in enough pařticipation so that they can pat themselves on the back, declare it a success, and force it down our throats. 

*Removed insults - Ducky
  • Beta-Ray Bill

Ducky said:
    ***Keep on topic and keep things civil. Thanks!***
    Says the mod who snipes everyone in the last 8 hours lol. Although I do like your style
  • shwebsi
    shwebsi Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Now that PVE doesn't require nearly as much time, they needed to suck up our lives another way. You're headed in the right direction, but ~33 wins is still way more than I've ever had to play for a PvP to hit max progression. 

As if I needed more incentive to take the off-season off. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    No character reworks? Disappointing.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker

Ducky said:
    Says the mod who snipes everyone in the last 8 hours lol. Although I do like your style
    8 hours is sniping? Youre really behind the times
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Gari said:

Ducky said:
    8 hours is sniping? Youre really behind the times
    I've forgotten more in this game than you've learned lol
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I don't understand what this means?
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    maybe the win based progression only applies to season rewards?   i still prefer the current system.  there is a reason pvp is not called pve.  and its because its not pve 

gating the 15 cp from progression and keeping it in top 10 placement will directly impact those of us trying to transition into 5 star land, but not strong enough to be in top 10.    

also, for those that keep whining about being hammered in pvp blah blah...  guess what.? we went thru that too.   but instead of whining, we clawed, scratched (sometimes bought) our way to improving our rosters.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    67 wins over 2 events still seems extremely high. Why not try an either or.  Score 2400 point or 67 wins.  The last event where you went for 30 wins for a 4* was a slog.  I get the concept but thx concept favors 3-4* rosters and punishes 5* rosters.  I would like to see a balance where players can achieve their desired level in a way that fits their style.