12346»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Not seeing a single Falcon in PvP - and I see maxed LTs alright. He's too supportive to matter much.

Like I said, removing the argument of the quality of the character, etc., etc. "(however minor one may believe that imbalance to be)," it's just a timer.

Then change the thread title. It's quite clear that the rewards did not matter.

Actually, in regards to the season, I believe it did. Those that did have stronger falcons were able to take advantage of kyipgate and therefore managed to carve out a big advantage. In brackets where the top were differentiated by a few 100 points it definitely made a difference.

Stronger falcons had nothing to do with kyip. Falcon was useless for high level players and your connection between falcon and kyip is nonsensical.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How many people got extra Falcon covers? 1000 (assuming 1000 brackets of 200 players)i? So that's perhaps 2000 extra Falcon covers in the game. I know I've pulled and sold multiple Falcon covers since I maxed the characters (after luck with a 10-pack and random pulls) and suspect some of the other 1000 bracket-winners have done the same, so the "damage" from the error has been mitigated even further over time.

The result has been a slight imbalance in that a small percentage of the player-base has a few extra covers. But that occurs daily due to random pulls and HP expenditures. Unless you ban spending on covers and packs, and eliminate pulls that include new covers, you will always have an imbalance.

just to illustrate, I pulled a Modern Daken with the first pull I had in the recent Daken tourney. Coupled with winning a set of covers in the first tourney, buying two of each cover with saved HP, and winning a cover as a progression, I am now at 4/3/4 one week after he was given out. I should have him maxed after the Psylocke PVP, when a lot of other players will still be at 2/2/2, if they are lucky. So the type of imbalance that you seem to be complaining about always exists in characters. It really isn't something to go crazy over.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So it's okay....because you were going to spend the equivalent of $50 upgrading him with HP anyway? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Stronger falcons had nothing to do with kyip. Falcon was useless for high level players and your connection between falcon and kyip is nonsensical.

Of course stronger falcons had nothing to do with kyipgate.

I actually managed 1700+ during kyipgate. Having a Falcon that was buffed to roughly 141 surely contributed to the fact that I made the jumps relatively cheaply - maybe 3 jumps? You may say that you're not intimidated by a 141 falcon (buffed) and I have to say neither am I - however I'm not relying on my falcon to scare you off or anyone in the forums for that matter. It's everyone else that can be intimidated - and there was definitely a competitive edge from doomgate.

Due to my 1700+ score, I was still able to secure a top 5 finish despite not really being able to compete in a few of the events due to real life obligations.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Of course stronger falcons had nothing to do with kyipgate.

I actually managed 1700+ during kyipgate. Having a Falcon that was buffed to roughly 141 surely contributed to the fact that I made the jumps relatively cheaply - maybe 3 jumps? You may say that you're not intimidated by a 141 falcon (buffed) and I have to say neither am I - however I'm not relying on my falcon to scare you off or anyone in the forums for that matter. It's everyone else that can be intimidated - and there was definitely a competitive edge from doomgate.

Due to my 1700+ score, I was still able to secure a top 5 finish despite not really being able to compete in a few of the events due to real life obligations.

Defense doesn't matter all that much and there are no scarecrows in this game, at least pre-Spidey nerf. Half of my alliance has the strongest characters maxed and we certainly get attacked whenever we unshield.

The only team anyone was running at the time of kyip that could benefit from falcon whatsoever was Patch, and if you used Patch and were relying on falcon's yellow buff, you were playing him wrong entirely.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't falcon still percentage based during kyip?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    He was. But already nerfed to 10-15-20-25-30 pre-fix.