MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2017 Edition *Updated (9/27/17)

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    shardwick said:
    I have Spidey so maybe I'll have a shot at a Mockingbird cover. What really sucks is my 2* Bullseye is a level 15 and my 2* Thor needs to be champed in a few days so I'll have to use my resources that I was pouring into getting Mordo up in level to be champed on Thor and Bullseye a little sooner than I wanted. MPQ first world problems.
    No, if you don't have all 2*s rostered, you don't have first world problems. Regarding 2*s, a first world problem would be, "My Bagman's at 2/5/5 with a blue and yellow expiring in 24 hours. Finally got a Bagman from a PVP win... another blue. Stupid RNG. 5 covers in queue and not a purple to be found! Should have started building this one before the older one hit 144. FWPs"
    Dude I've been farming 2s for like six months. I have everyone rostered except for six 1s and seven 5s. Just champed Bullseye because I might as well do it now and get it over with. Would farm Moonstone, she will cover the price to champ my Thor, but she's needed for friggin' Venom Bomb.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    shardwick said:
    I have Spidey so maybe I'll have a shot at a Mockingbird cover. What really sucks is my 2* Bullseye is a level 15 and my 2* Thor needs to be champed in a few days so I'll have to use my resources that I was pouring into getting Mordo up in level to be champed on Thor and Bullseye a little sooner than I wanted. MPQ first world problems.
    No, if you don't have all 2*s rostered, you don't have first world problems. Regarding 2*s, a first world problem would be, "My Bagman's at 2/5/5 with a blue and yellow expiring in 24 hours. Finally got a Bagman from a PVP win... another blue. Stupid RNG. 5 covers in queue and not a purple to be found! Should have started building this one before the older one hit 144. FWPs"
    I'll trade you! Only been pulling purple Bag-Mans and need Blue and Yellow. :-)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Dude I've been farming 2s for like six months. I have everyone rostered except for six 1s and seven 5s. Just champed Bullseye because I might as well do it now and get it over with. Would farm Moonstone, she will cover the price to champ my Thor, but she's needed for friggin' Venom Bomb.
    What I'm saying is, if you have the roster slots to keep Champed 2*s for the farm rather than selling to make space for the new one to the point where you even have Bagman, then it's first world problem. And for me, I'm disappointed that I don't maitain a level 144 2* of each one at all times (though I try to keep a copy at 135, the level I designate as "start building a new one"). Though I suppose in this game, a real first world problem would be a whale that got a legendary to 370, and can't seem to get the 13th cover for the new one.
    ZeiramMR said:
    My post was a dramatization. No Bagman's were harmed in the making of this post. RNG is still a fickle thing though.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    zodiac339 said:
    shardwick said:
    Perhaps he's farming his 2s, has the wrong ones in transition at the wrong time, I'd call that a mpq first world problem..... 

Is arguing about which part of MPQ is/isn't a first world problem itself a first world problem?

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby: Unstable Iso-8 is a 4-day event and it will be following the current 4-day Venom Bomb.  Will Unstable Iso-8 be changing to a 3-day event for this run, or will it be ending on a Friday instead of a Thursday?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Brigby: Unstable Iso-8 is a 4-day event and it will be following the current 4-day Venom Bomb.  Will Unstable Iso-8 be changing to a 3-day event for this run, or will it be ending on a Friday instead of a Thursday?
    Good question! I'll pass that question along to the developers. My guess is that it will be a 3-day event, but I'll double check. I'll update this comment once I get a response.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    shardwick said:
    What I'm saying is, if you have the roster slots to keep Champed 2*s for the farm rather than selling to make space for the new one to the point where you even have Bagman, then it's first world problem. And for me, I'm disappointed that I don't maitain a level 144 2* of each one at all times (though I try to keep a copy at 135, the level I designate as "start building a new one"). Though I suppose in this game, a real first world problem would be a whale that got a legendary to 370, and can't seem to get the 13th cover for the new one.
    ZeiramMR said:
    My post was a dramatization. No Bagman's were harmed in the making of this post. RNG is still a fickle thing though.
    No takebacks! I finally pulled a Yellow this afternoon and can rechampion Bag-Man.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mexus said:

Damn, will need to wait an additional Story event before I can try out the 5 star essential node

Unstable Iso-8 (9/25/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters
    5-Star: Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

You know there are people who need to wait 6 or maybe even 10 events before they can try out the essential 5* node.

Lucky them (us)? 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there anywhere in game to see the 5* essential for the event before you join?  I may pick a different SL if it's a 5* I have champed, low level, or don't have at all.

If that's not in game now, will it be added in the future?
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mexus said:

Damn, will need to wait an additional Story event before I can try out the 5 star essential node

Unstable Iso-8 (9/25/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters
    5-Star: Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

You know there are people who need to wait 6 or maybe even 10 events before they can try out the essential 5* node.
    Im not one to play for placement anyway - but another chance to earn CP is good, and actually being able to do something with all those low covered 5*'s is even better
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    shardwick said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    Well since my previous post I rostered an Ares dupe. My current plan is to have a full set of max champed 2s for pve/ddq and one set for farming. That way I no longer have to worry about selling a 2* champ and later needing it for behemoth burrito so it's not at level 15. My biggest problem though is that my main Ares is around 140 now, tried keeping him at 138, because I keep accidentally applying covers to it instead of the dupe.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Well since my previous post I rostered an Ares dupe. My current plan is to have a full set of max champed 2s for pve/ddq and one set for farming. That way I no longer have to worry about selling a 2* champ and later needing it for behemoth burrito so it's not at level 15. My biggest problem though is that my main Ares is around 140 now, tried keeping him at 138, because I keep accidentally applying covers to it instead of the dupe.
    Yeah, going over to apply covers to a dupe can take a bit to get used to. Since I started farming, my strategy is to stop at 135 and make the dupe. I recently noticed the selector drop-down in the roster screen. Usually says "ALL". I switch it to show only the 2 stars, and it helps a lot to sort like that, especially since I'm at the point of having level 266 Rares and making dupes of those (2nd Steve Rogers just Champed a couple days ago!)
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby: Unstable Iso-8 is a 4-day event and it will be following the current 4-day Venom Bomb.  Will Unstable Iso-8 be changing to a 3-day event for this run, or will it be ending on a Friday instead of a Thursday?
    Good question! I'll pass that question along to the developers. My guess is that it will be a 3-day event, but I'll double check. I'll update this comment once I get a response.
    Can someone confirm this?  Is it a 3 day event this run?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Yes, for sure.  Second sub will be 24 hours, it seems.  Just check the preview. Slice 1 ends Thurs at 7 am, for example.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby said:
    Yes, for sure.  Second sub will be 24 hours, it seems.  Just check the preview. Slice 1 ends Thurs at 7 am, for example.
    Ahhh, of course.  Never even thought to look at that.  Thanks!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(9/26/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    To be determined? You're a shameless tease.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ooo, the people who have been avoiding Doc Ock are gonna be angry.  New character it seems.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A new release with Doc Ock as the 5* essential. You guys really do hate us.