Options

Comments

• Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone.

Apologies for the delay, as I had meetings all morning, and couldn't comment until now.

I spoke with the team, and it appears that an Elite Pack had been erroneously credited to all players. This has since been retracted, however some players were able to claim it during the brief period the offer was available, and those who did are welcome to keep the Elite Pack.

We apologize for any confusion this might have caused.
    Wow that's it?! Unfairly shifting the balance in the favor of those players who were able at that moment to get a free masterpiece/mythic while others simply because were not around (I dunno, due to diferent timezones for instance) can enjoy the moon and the stars cause they are going to get zilch?
    Amazing.... Just great... It's not enough that I got in a platinum tier during the ToS event where with 2 lost points you ended up beneath top 50, while others with 4 lost points got in top 5... Cause you know, it's a game of "chance" and "luck", so brackets now are also based on luck and chance. Now you briefly give elite packs and take them away. What's next on the list? Amaze me D3!

Edit: Just so we are clear, I have no issue with people making mistakes. We all make mistakes, nobody can be perfect all the time. But when you mess it up, don't try to hide it under the rug after taking a resolution in the disadvantage of the players. Suuure, those who got the packs will say "but hey, I got something, you didn't lose anything, it's a win-win".
    Win-win my foot! Most of the events are Standard PVP events. Standard mythics and masterpieces count, and I'm not suggesting they should have retracted the packs already opened by those who got them, but since they cannot properly correct the mistake, leave the packs as they are.
    Because we all know they cannot retract the packs anyway since they have no idea who claimed them and who didn't!
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What a joke of a response to an error on their part. Not that I'm surprised in the slightest. hawkyh1 nailed it.
  • Tvinn
    Tvinn Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It was an error!
    Wow you people sure love to cry and think everything is an evil plan!
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone.

Apologies for the delay, as I had meetings all morning, and couldn't comment until now.

I spoke with the team, and it appears that an Elite Pack had been erroneously credited to all players. This has since been retracted, however some players were able to claim it during the brief period the offer was available, and those who did are welcome to keep the Elite Pack.

We apologize for any confusion this might have caused.
    Wow that's it?! Unfairly shifting the balance in the favor of those players who were able at that moment to get a free masterpiece/mythic while others simply because were not around (I dunno, due to diferent timezones for instance) can enjoy the moon and the stars cause they are going to get zilch?
    Amazing.... Just great... It's not enough that I got in a platinum tier during the ToS event where with 2 lost points you ended up beneath top 50, while others with 4 lost points got in top 5... Cause you know, it's a game of "chance" and "luck", so brackets now are also based on luck and chance. Now you briefly give elite packs and take them away. What's next on the list? Amaze me D3!

Edit: Just so we are clear, I have no issue with people making mistakes. We all make mistakes, nobody can be perfect all the time. But when you mess it up, don't try to hide it under the rug after taking a resolution in the disadvantage of the players. Suuure, those who got the packs will say "but hey, I got something, you didn't lose anything, it's a win-win".
    Win-win my foot! Most of the events are Standard PVP events. Standard mythics and masterpieces count, and I'm not suggesting they should have retracted the packs already opened by those who got them, but since they cannot properly correct the mistake, leave the packs as they are.
    Because we all know they cannot retract the packs anyway since they have no idea who claimed them and who didn't!
    What shift of balance, let's be honest a single mythic or masterpiece, especially the ones I have seen of late won't do much, and just about any solution would go over poorly. There are many issues in the game right now, I would say the free pack is simply tangential to a major one.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Somehow this manages to be low even by the impossible standards D3 have set for themselves in the past.
  • Tilwin90
    Options
    Tvinn said:
    It was an error!
    Please read above, I have no problem with the error, but with how they rectify it after Pandora's Box was opened. It's not an evil plan... you need to be clever to come up with a plan. This was just raw stupidity, 0 marketing, and a developer who ran a bad production script, **** his or her pants, then because a full rollback was no longer possible, removed the pack without caring about the consequences.  
    And again, these mistakes happen. Hell, I ran messed up scripts directly in production a couple of times and had to clean my **** afterwards - but then I was transparent to my end users, explained the situation, and made sure to fix it so everyone was happy. The consequence of this data issue is something that should have been addressed smartly, not just throwing a random resolution and whatever... But once again, D3 chooses to show us they don't care about us the players, care only about them $$$....

No worries mate, I have nothing against you getting your masterpiece/mythic, I am not suggesting they should take it away from you (and I bet they have no idea what you just got anyway... ;) ).
  • shteev
    Options
    Tvinn said:
    It was an error!
    Some things are evil plans.... we fully accept the the rest of it is incompetence, tho.
  • Tvinn
    Options
    shteev said: 
    Tvinn said:
    It was an error!
    Some things are evil plans.... we fully accept the the rest of it is incompetence, tho.
    Make your own game with best intentions. People will always hate and complain. I just look for other things instead.
    And life was good.
  • shteev
    Options
    Tvinn said:

Make your own game with best intentions.
    You're saying, that's what Hibernum did? The best intention? That, my friend, is an entirely unfounded assumption.
  • Tvinn
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    Tvinn said:
    It was an error!
    Please read above, I have no problem with the error, but with how they rectify it after Pandora's Box was opened. It's not an evil plan... you need to be clever to come up with a plan. This was just raw stupidity, 0 marketing, and a developer who ran a bad production script, tinykitty his or her pants, then because a full rollback was no longer possible, removed the pack without caring about the consequences.  
    And again, these mistakes happen. Hell, I ran messed up scripts directly in production a couple of times and had to clean my tinykitty afterwards - but then I was transparent to my end users, explained the situation, and made sure to fix it so everyone was happy. The consequence of this data issue is something that should have been addressed smartly, not just throwing a random resolution and whatever... But once again, D3 chooses to show us they don't care about us the players, care only about them $$$....

No worries mate, I have nothing against you getting your masterpiece/mythic, I am not suggesting they should take it away from you (and I bet they have no idea what you just got anyway... ;) ).
    I agree they should give everyone the same after realizing what happened.
    I'm just annoyed with all the hate. This is no simple mone-collecting skinnergame. You buy packs as you would IRL, the arena is free and damn fun. Best game in years.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Tvinn you sound new to the game. Just wait. 
  • Tvinn
    edited August 2017
    Options
    shteev said:
    Tvinn said:

Make your own game with best intentions.
    You're saying, that's what Hibernum did? The best intention? That, my friend, is an entirely unfounded assumption.
    I don't know who you referring to or what, I'm just saying it's hard to please 100% of a big crowd.
  • Tilwin90
    Options
    Tvinn said:

I agree they should give everyone the same after realizing what happened.
    I'm just annoyed with all the hate. This is no simple mone-collecting skinnergame. You buy packs as you would IRL, the arena is free and damn fun. Best game in years.
    It's accumulated frustration rather than straight hate really. 
    And please don't compare these packs with paper packs. You can trade cards in paper magic, you can sell cards for real money in paper magic. Every now and then I'm telling myself I'm an idiot for having spent real $$$ on this game, or at least more than it's decent for a game (which would bewhat... initial $15-20 investment and then at most $10 per expansion?)
  • shteev
    Options
    As a matter of interest... how long does it take for players these days to accumulate 400 jewels? A few weeks? What about bronze players, must take them a while?
  • Tvinn
    Options
    @Tvinn you sound new to the game. Just wait. 
    Correct :) 
    And I hope I don't end up disappointed. When I read the release notes for every update it gives me even more hope. It's hard to see they could design for more money and not a better game.
    Every ticket I've sent (about 5) have been replied within a week with good explanation or even rewards.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The only reasonable solution that would make everyone happy I see is if they were able to reopen the message for claiming so that it was only open to people who hadn't already claimed it otherwise people would complain about double dippers. I don't know if that is possible though, and I wouldn't hold my breath. 
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    d3 doesn't give a rats behind about appeasing its customers. This is known from previous errors. The lucky few are the ones that will benefit while the rest of us poor suckers are left in the cold. In essence SNAFU.... Situation Normal all Fouled Up (well it's another F word in reality). 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options

Welcome to the game Tvinn!  I agree it is a really cool game.  A lot of the frustration from the forums is based on a few key issues that D3 seems unwilling to address:

1.  Really poor drop rates - This makes it 100% impossible to collect all of the cards since you can't trade or even target specific cards.  Odd in a game that has a spring of new content every 3 months. If you want some more data on drop rates and/or would like to contribute to the database use this link. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JUeuf0BcOlNHpt3dA7SQ838ws7AOlWMEz-4AAG2dYrE/edit#gid=545160007

To expound on the frustration, if you spend $1500 USD to buy premium packs you would expect 1.9 pof the 10  masterpeices in the current set.  That just seems ridiculous to... well I would presume every human on earth.  The same $1500 could buy the entire set on Ebay right now.

2. Bugs, bugs and more bugs - These have been plaguing the game since day 1 and have really not been cleaned up.  Some are silly and get fixed within a few months (that's right months) while others are crippling and keep people locked out of their accounts or cause a host of freezes.  I have been one of the lucky ones, but if you are on the wrong side it causes a lot of frustration.

3. Abysmal communication - This is my pet peeve.  They never explain their decisions for things that much of the community is opposed to.  (ie 4 hour PvE clocks or awful new deck slots).  They don't publish drop rates.  They don't set clear bounderies around what is acceptable or not (ie elite pack rerolls) and they don't seem to care to engage with the community at all.  

4. Card Balance - Or rather the lack there of, leads to dominate strategies that tend to make the game feel very stale. Not sure the developers really have a keen understanding of the meta of the game.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of other issues but these are some of the big ones.  And the third one is the primary reason these boards are full of vitriol towards D3.  Many of us now expect the worst... and in the case of the "free" elite packs to those lucky few who logged in at the right time... we get the worst.

BTW, if you are interested in getting plugged into a community or even a coalition then PM me on the boards.  There is a great facebook group and several community spots using slack or discord where many of us get together to chat about the game, share deck building ideas, etc.

• shteev
    Options
    babar3355 said:

Welcome to the game Tvinn!  I agree it is a really cool game.  A lot of the frustration from the forums is based on a few key issues that D3 seems unwilling to address:

1.  Really poor drop rates - This makes it 100% impossible to collect all of the cards since you can't trade or even target specific cards.  Odd in a game that has a spring of new content every 3 months. If you want some more data on drop rates and/or would like to contribute to the database use this link. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JUeuf0BcOlNHpt3dA7SQ838ws7AOlWMEz-4AAG2dYrE/edit#gid=545160007

To expound on the frustration, if you spend $1500 USD to buy premium packs you would expect 1.9 pof the 10  masterpeices in the current set.  That just seems ridiculous to... well I would presume every human on earth.  The same $1500 could buy the entire set on Ebay right now.

2. Bugs, bugs and more bugs - These have been plaguing the game since day 1 and have really not been cleaned up.  Some are silly and get fixed within a few months (that's right months) while others are crippling and keep people locked out of their accounts or cause a host of freezes.  I have been one of the lucky ones, but if you are on the wrong side it causes a lot of frustration.

3. Abysmal communication - This is my pet peeve.  They never explain their decisions for things that much of the community is opposed to.  (ie 4 hour PvE clocks or awful new deck slots).  They don't publish drop rates.  They don't set clear bounderies around what is acceptable or not (ie elite pack rerolls) and they don't seem to care to engage with the community at all.  

Anyway, I know there are a lot of other issues but these are some of the big ones. 

You forgot card balance!
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh did I?
This discussion has been closed.