A Truly Generous Gift... Oh Wait... Nevermind

Options
babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards

At about 11:30 EST today people's accounts on both Andriod and iOS were credited with a Free Gift!  And not the normal 50 crystals that we are used to but an amazingly generous gift that made me think the developers were finally turning a new leaf and engaging the community with generosity.  The gift that was in everyone's inbox was a FREE ELITE PACK! Mind blown everyone?

Oh, but if you are scampering off to your account to collect your Elite pack, don't bother.  The gifts were available to everyone for about 40 minutes and then just disappeared off the face of the earth.  That's right.  Anyone who claimed their prize in that window got a free mythic or masterpiece and everyone else got a big pile of NOTHING.

Discuss amongst yourselves!

Comments

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I didn't notice, I am still hording packs so I just scrolled all the way down to get my -single- dupe free booster like usual, now. I never bothered with the jewels so that section has become a blind spot for me honestly.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So this is why there wasn't anything in my inbox, when I hear the coalition talking about their free EP? Frickin el oh el

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would have been in your inbox @TheDragonHermit.  But, it's not there now.
  • Damien
    Damien Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I managed to get it. I wasn't going to use it on this EP but now I'm worried they might void it or take it back if this was some kind of screw-up. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this compensation for people who lost their account? If so, why did everyone get it? I got it. I didn't lose my account.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Damien said:
    I managed to get it. I wasn't going to use it on this EP but now I'm worried they might void it or take it back if this was some kind of screw-up. 
    I hear it is tied to the current EP set but I have no experience on it.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Do we get up to 3 rerolls for a dupe on this?
  • Marvaddin
    Marvaddin Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I claimed my gift. It's in my vault. Any chances of it disappearing from there? I'm new to the game, but not really impressed by cards I can get, so I'm thinking about waiting for next picks. Should I? Or the next selection is probable to be worse?
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Woohoo, way to go D3... Probably going to ignore this post just like other times there was discussion on scandalous topics. I am truly bothered by this, seeing as how some players are gaining unfair advantage over others (and before all you people go "it's just a mythic/masterpiece" know that as of now I have rolled only 2 mythics in HOU while my rare collection lacks a handful of cards... that should say how many packs I opened).
    Who do I quote now when I say "and this is why we cannot have nice things"? :smile: Cause this is just a bag of ****.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are you going to be giving compensation for this?
  • Tilwin90
    Options
    Lawl shteev, as if they could track who got the packs and who didn't. Their logging system sucks so badly they had to ask US which dupe we got from an elite pack instead of logging and retrieving that information themselves. Crosscut components are difficult to develop... good thing "AI" is a piece of cake...
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm currently thinking that it was not for the login
    problems and that it was a mistake that got
    corrected. those who got it just got lucky.

HH
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    shteev said:
    Are you going to be giving compensation for this?
    What? Like giving everyone 400 crystals? Not likely.
  • Tilwin90
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    I'm currently thinking that it was not for the login
    problems and that it was a mistake that got
    corrected. those who got it just got lucky.

HH
    That's the thing hawkyh. When you make such a mistake, you don't just hide it under the rug, and pretend nothing happened. You suck it up, specifically because players talk, and players are already pissed as it is... You pretend you did it intentionally, people will love you and be all lovey dovey smile smile. You take it away, you got a handful happy and a horde upset. I know I have sealed any purchases in the application for a period yet again as this was the last straw in a series of **** unfair incidents.
  • Tvinn
    Tvinn Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I got mine. Must have been last second.

This is so strange. D3 needs to comment this!
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Tvinn said:
    I got mine. Must have been last second.

This is so strange. D3 needs to comment this!
    They really don't, chances are they would just say that there was a bug and they fixed it. 
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yet another fiasco.  I feel like a llama just spit in my face.

Why not just give the packs out anyways?  It's not like anyone was going to buy this terrible rotation.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone.

Apologies for the delay, as I had meetings all morning, and couldn't comment until now.

I spoke with the team, and it appears that an Elite Pack had been erroneously credited to all players. This has since been retracted, however some players were able to claim it during the brief period the offer was available, and those who did are welcome to keep the Elite Pack.

We apologize for any confusion this might have caused.
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Steeme said:

Yet another fiasco.  I feel like a llama just spit in my face.

Why not just give the packs out anyways?  It's not like anyone was going to buy this terrible rotation.

Better yet a random card from the set so that it isn't too useful.
  • Tvinn
    Tvinn Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone.

Apologies for the delay, as I had meetings all morning, and couldn't comment until now.

I spoke with the team, and it appears that an Elite Pack had been erroneously credited to all players. This has since been retracted, however some players were able to claim it during the brief period the offer was available, and those who did are welcome to keep the Elite Pack.

We apologize for any confusion this might have caused.
    Stuff happens.
    Thanks for clarifying.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
This discussion has been closed.