The Simulator: April 29 - May 6

Options

Comments

• Top 15 finish ~ 120000 points I think

Mostly used CStorm, Shield Bro and OBW. No Cmags or Spidey
    Highest nodes in the last one maxed at 295 for HAMMER only nodes, and around 215-220 for nodes with actual enemies

115 guys to unlock normal simulator for me, 113-114 to unlock hard mode

I haven't started yet, so I don't know what the levels of the subs
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    I played through most of the hunt stages only once with about 2-3 hrs left in each sub event. I beat each node once, then the highest value ones a few times to get me into top 10. I used bw early on and healed in match. This worked well for most of the tournament, with about 2 days to go i had to use spidey and mags because of the higher levels.... down to the end i was seeing lvl 300 all around.... Never had this problem in all my pq history..
  • djsquillz wrote:
    i think the smmulator is cool, but im not excited at all for another 7+ day PVE Event. im still burnt out from the hunt.

But with 2.5 day subs you can ignore the first 36 hours and let the rubberband do it all for you.
  • I finished 3rd, using OBW through the entire hunt.
    both entry nodes are 57~
  • Sumilea wrote:
    But with 2.5 day subs you can ignore the first 36 hours and let the rubberband do it all for you.

Basically.

There is no advantage to join this early unless you are really in need of ISO or are super bored. But with all the events going off right now, you shouldn't be.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Love me some simulator, hate me some scaling.
  • On the upscale with the cover being awarded to the top 250 alliances, there will be alot less "pushing" needed...
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

Basically.

There is no advantage to join this early unless you are really in need of ISO or are super bored. But with all the events going off right now, you shouldn't be.

Incorrect, the early people fight easier enemies on average. (While you'll be able to catup, you'll have to fight enemies post community scaling.)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

Basically.

Well I joined a main to avoid all the crazies, but haven't started a sub yet.
    Since I've done the two missions to unlock the Sim, the 'easy' unlock node jumped from 51 to 57.
    Yeah I can see that our complaints about scaling are taken very seriously.
    I'll just be going for top 50 in the brackets and just wait for scaling to lock out 85% of the player base.
  • I'll bite.
    Finished 4th in my main Hunt bracket with just shy of 130k, had numerous top 10 finishes for subs. I cycled through the following:
    115 Lazyshield (started off at 85, he picked up levels along the way, stopped at 115 as to let OBW keep blue)
    85 OBW
    85 CStorm
    85 Wolvie
    42 LThor (he was like 30 until the end when covers came in from Doom)
    41 Torch
    30 MNMags

I started the event with healing in most events. Played through everything once the first time the subs appeared, but then only the essentials subsequent appearances. After the first few days I tried to avoid healing in most games. By the end my essentials were up to 115 or so. Goon fights (Bullseye) ended up near 230 or higher. I beat that once at that level, but only once. Died to it a bunch.

My unlock levels for Simulator:
    Easy: 36
    Hard: 38/39

Today will be day 59 for my account.
  • poontree wrote:
    If you got top 2 in The Hunt, please post you're starting levels for The Simulator and say which characters you used in The Hunt and say how you played (did you heal a lot in battle, did you prologue heal, did you purposely die, did you mostly use the buffed characters, etc). There has to be a common factor why some people are starting with 3x 395.

Finished at the top of a very competitive bracket in the Hunt.

My starters **were** the same as Pandaberry's at 42/46, but community scaling has already pushed them up a notch to 44/48 in the first three hours of the event.

Reckless has to be looking at twin 395s as starters for this event. icon_e_sad.gif

I believe the problem here is similar to what was occurring with similar scaling events in the past (remember TaT? [It's okay if you blacked that out from memory]). The core problem is that while the viewable levels of nodes is capped at 395 (was 230), the amount of PvE MMR rating you can obtain is **NOT**, and is potentially unlimited in scale.

To put this in perspective, consider PvE MMR to use the same values at PvP rating points in an event. Let's say that the top progression prize at 1300 rating in a PvP event is the threshold at which a player sees 395s on nodes. In the Hunt, once players reached that point, Spidey/Cmags was needed, which resulted in scaling points continuing to increase. Let's say a player finished the Hunt with 3000 PvE rating points. Now, before the start of the event, D3 decides as a reset that everyone's PvE rating is halved. Great! But.... 3000 / 2 = 1500, which is above the 1300 threshold for 395s, so the player still sees 395s on the starter nodes.

Case in point, there needs to be a maximum cap of PvE MMR rating points to prevent this situation from occurring, instead of allowing unlimited rating growth that results in perpetual level 395 PvE banishment.

I'm not even sure that anyone has verified yet that sitting out 2 or more events is needed to bring an astronomical PvE MMR back down from the stratosphere yet?
  • That's a pretty good idea.
    They've said they scale back PVE ratings prior to events. But if it's an X% decrease, you could still have people over their threshold for ugliness. If that's the case it shouldn't be too difficult to add a conditional that states that after the X% decrease, if still over Y, decrease to Y-Z. Those people may still scale back up like crazy in the first event to use that system, and may end with big uglies, but the should at least start at a more manageable place. If you're starting with 200+ and ending with 395 after a week of grinding, I can see the logic behind that. But starting people at 395s off the bat is not going to be fun.
  • If starting levels are ridiculous, try rebooting your phone / system.

I'm seeing teams mostly in the 70's. Crazy teams, so they're fun to fight. Also, at this level, I can afford to experiment with weird teams of my own. I'm using Moonstone for the first time in awhile. Captain America + Doom trashed my Hood+LT+Mags team, even though they were at half my level.

I hope the levels can stay where they are, so we can actually play around while playing the game.

I tried this and it worked! In Hard my mission 1 node dropped from 3x325 to 3x90. Easy dropped from 3x250 to 3x45. You saved my week! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I finished top 50 in the Hunt (low top 50, like 40 or something). My main team consisted of Patch, cMags and the Hood (or the required character). My highest node during the Hunt was Bullseye 3 in Savage lands at 3x375-380.
  • Starting ppl at 395 isn't just not fun, it's ****. The Simulator hard unlock has SPIDERMAN in it. How is anyone killing a 3x395 node if you can't use spiderman to do it? I certainly can't.
  • Another interesting scaling question to ask is: what were the highest level nodes you were beating? I beat a 200-ish goon node once or twice, and several 180's but everything else was in the 160-ish range.

(1st in Hunt, 56/57 to start this round of Simulator)
  • Glad it worked for you.

Did not for me... Restarting the device cleared my cache and left me right there at 3x395...

Time to sacrifice the team and the day of playing... Crash everything and everyone into the hard mode 3x395. Rince and repeat for the next week and hope the MMR goes down...

That what you want Devs?
  • poontree wrote:
    If you got top 2 in The Hunt, please post you're starting levels for The Simulator and say which characters you used in The Hunt and say how you played (did you heal a lot in battle, did you prologue heal, did you purposely die, did you mostly use the buffed characters, etc). There has to be a common factor why some people are starting with 3x 395.

Top 2 in the Hunt. Starting levels are 61 for normal and 62 for Hard. I usually ran Patch, OBW, LazyCap. I healed rather frequently in battle, but not every last HP. I don't use prologue healing and died frequently, but not on purpose, especially the last few days. My Bullseye 3 on the last day was 390.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Tolken wrote:
    Incorrect, the early people fight easier enemies on average. (While you'll be able to catup, you'll have to fight enemies post community scaling.)

Except you're having to fight more frequently in order to 'keep up' with the people in your bracket grinding nodes at each 12 hour mark. Meaning your personal scaling is going to increase quite dramatically compared to mine in the end (assuming you keep joining each sub early).
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My team just got completely stomped by the first node of the normal sub-bracket. Twice. Good work, devs.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

Basically.

Well I joined a main to avoid all the crazies, but haven't started a sub yet.

Same as me. I will not know which Crazies I have in the main for few days just as noone will see me in the top 10 until 48 hours in.
    Tolken wrote:

I would have to deal with that scaling in the second and third subs anyhow but my personally scaling will be lower since my nodes will be worth 5 times the points be are getting at the moment.