The Simulator: April 29 - May 6

Options

Comments

• Frubzy wrote:
    Im 235 and 290 to unlock what gives!!
    This might be a noob question but what determines your enemy level? Is it your mmr or is that just for pvp?
    I finished 2nd in my bracket in the last week long event btw, wonder if thats a factor..

I don't think where you finished has much to do with it. I won my bracket in the Hunt, and my openers were 56 and 57.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    What heroes are buffed?
    Falcon, Cap**, Thor**
    Ares, Loki, Ragnarok, Moonstone
  • ZenBrillig wrote:
    Frubzy wrote:
    This might be a noob question but what determines your enemy level? Is it your mmr or is that just for pvp?
    I finished 2nd in my bracket in the last week long event btw, wonder if thats a factor..

I don't think where you finished has much to do with it. I won my bracket in the Hunt, and my openers were 56 and 57.

But what has to do with it? I'm in a similar position, with everything over 230...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    Quite interested to ask - did you run the 'tainted' characters aka cMagneto, Spider-Man? Use oBW for healing and not just CD delay?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If starting levels are ridiculous, try rebooting your phone / system.

I'm seeing teams mostly in the 70's. Crazy teams, so they're fun to fight. Also, at this level, I can afford to experiment with weird teams of my own. I'm using Moonstone for the first time in awhile. Captain America + Doom trashed my Hood+LT+Mags team, even though they were at half my level.

I hope the levels can stay where they are, so we can actually play around while playing the game.
  • My enter nodes are lv138 and lv151. Okay, I said, that's some weird bug, I can do it.
    Yeah, I did, it wasn't pretty, but okay.
    Now I'm facing lv145 (easy) and lv199 (hard). Yeah, great, very funny. And I wasn't even in top 10!
    Not gonna participate if things won't change. That's outright bullseye, stop yelenaing me.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Frubzy wrote:

Everything you do affects your scaling...missed breakfast, scaling goes up. Had a good day at work, scaling goes down. You must live a perfect life to balance your MPQ scaling.

Also, when I typed live it autocorrected to PVE. That's scary.
  • If you got top 2 in The Hunt, please post you're starting levels for The Simulator and say which characters you used in The Hunt and say how you played (did you heal a lot in battle, did you prologue heal, did you purposely die, did you mostly use the buffed characters, etc). There has to be a common factor why some people are starting with 3x 395.
  • You must live a perfect life to balance your MPQ scaling

Karma! It's all about the karma. That's it - taking the wife out for dinner and the cat gets extra treats tonight. Improve the karma to reduce the scaling before I start the Simulator.

Take THAT, MPQ Scaling... entity !
  • mine are at 96-97 easy 102-103 hard.

Only thing I can think of is I have been doing fairly well in the last PvE events, nothing big, top 100-200. no clue really.
  • locked wrote:
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    Quite interested to ask - did you run the 'tainted' characters aka cMagneto, Spider-Man? Use oBW for healing and not just CD delay?

No to all 3. So that's probably a big effect.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well definitely miss the alliance rewards in the subs they were a good way to see now your alliance was performing in each sub. It doesn't matter as much in this event as all the subs finish at the same time but in the hunt it would have made it impossible to tell how you were doing until the end as some people push later in subs but end up with the same number of points.
  • Bag-Man strikes again! Nothing like having Snarky Remark up the timer on both the Empiricist's Iso-8 Conversion or the Human Torch's Flame Jet.

Nothing like a good ol' 4 on 2 beatfest. Just once, I'd like to see him put in a battle where he might actually help their team instead of ours. Perhaps if he had IW with him? They could just mess up the board a whole bunch. With a special goon that generates purple, blue, and green?
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    I rebooted my phone and noticed 3 things...

1. My phone took really long to re boot, i may need to do a clean up for faster booting times.

2. While rebooting i went to make a sandwich..... Did not have any bread.. I may need to go to the local grocery store and buy
    some.

3. It did absolutely nothing to my high level enemies..... and im pretty sure bullseye winked at me in the vs screen.
  • Seriously, though....
    poontree wrote:
    If you got top 2 in The Hunt, please post you're starting levels for The Simulator and say which characters you used in The Hunt and say how you played (did you heal a lot in battle, did you prologue heal, did you purposely die, did you mostly use the buffed characters, etc). There has to be a common factor why some people are starting with 3x 395.

Finished 15 in The Hunt,

Punisher, Lazy Cap and OBW were mainstay; I healed as much as I could in-game to finish each match at or near full health. However, for the most part, I only tapped the essential nodes on each level, and only enough story modes in Savage Land to play with Devil Dino.

Gateway levels on The Simulator are Easy:56, Hard: 57

There is some data, anyway.
  • Okay I joined a main brackets and it full hopefully I not team up with Colognoisseur again - not that I do not enjoy a good clean fight - but could really use a IW blue.

Its a pain there are no alliance rewards in the subs as its going to be harder for me to work out where the rubber banding break points are but at least I know each sub is using it
    only values and its not banded of the main.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    ZenBrillig wrote:

Results in previous events should have no effect, surely everyone HAS to start the same or immediately it is an unfair contest. What if I do extremely well this event but get locked out of the next by bull **** scaling and the next event has a new character?

I have noticed that all representitives of D3P have been very quiet about the clusterfuck that was community scaling and impossible progress rewards from The Hunt.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    Okay I joined a main brackets and it full hopefully I not team up with Colognoisseur again - not that I do not enjoy a good clean fight - but could really use a IW blue.

Its a pain there are no alliance rewards in the subs as its going to be harder for me to work out where the rubber banding break points are but at least I know each sub is using it
    only values and its not banded of the main.
    It also means much less overall rewards in the event.
  • i think the smmulator is cool, but im not excited at all for another 7+ day PVE Event. im still burnt out from the hunt.

IMO there is just too many events running back to back to back to back.

i might take a day or 2 off and just recharge...this isnt fun right now.

marc
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    mine is 80 85 i got top 2 in hunt with 123000 points i think and i used spidey patch an mnmag when allowed an my scaling was 395 then.
    i guess the game just loves me *shrugs*
    did one sweep every refresh too