Opinions on 5 Clears

Comments

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Going from Venom Bomb into The Hulk event, which has Dark Avengers galore, and needing 5 clears for max progression is honestly making me feel burnt out.

Instead of feeling like I actually want to play this game and get my clears in it's feeling more and more like a monotonous chore.

Do I have any hope they'll make a positive change towards progression rewards and it being less time consuming? Nope.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Style55 said:
    Going from Venom Bomb into The Hulk event, which has Dark Avengers galore, and needing 5 clears for max progression is honestly making me feel burnt out.
    The only thing keeping me close to on track for progression in the current Hulk event is simultaneously boosted Rulk and SWitch, which makes all of the repetition slightly less "tiny this kitty" and more "ugh, just get it over with already".  I imagine any event with less optimal boosted characters will just get a pass from me entirely.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Devs and D3, are you paying attention?
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    purplemur said:
    5 clears is tinykitty sadism. Sheriff of Nottingham level of taxation. Theres an Eastern European saying: you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. 

Are you sure that wasn't Baldrick? ;)
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    4 clears should be already enough even that i barely meet. 5 clears is goodbye to CP's.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I don't like the fact they pushed the best rewards further back.  For example, I missed the Vulture cover because I had to miss a day of play in the event before this one.  Now, without Vulture, I have to do a 6+ clears to get the best rewards in this Hulk progression (which btw I decided I wasn't going to do for a 7 day event).  I just think the the fact you already have to now sink more time into this game with the move to 5 clears was ridiculous enough due to the already high time demand this game requires if you wish to earn simply decent rewards (ie full progression).
  • Ruinate
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Ruinate said:
    Funny enough this is a weird line.

5 clears is bad in pve , but the 40 almost works in pvp,

it's actually better. the numbers are definitely skewed high.

But you get more for 40 matches in 1 pve than you do for 80 in a normal pve right now (roughly 2 days, for this 7 day event it's even further off).
  • Ruinate
    GurlBYE said:
    Ruinate said:
    but the 40 almost works in pvp,
    You mean is work in pvp.
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I find 5 too many, wish they would bring it back to 4, and maybe make the rewards for 5 and 6 clears more valuable.  6th clear gets me not many points and a boost?  Why would I want boosts?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate said:
    GurlBYE said:
    Ruinate said:
    You mean is work in pvp.
    I'd like to play it.

Sweet spot being between 15-25 it'd instantly be more pleasant than pve.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Ruinate said:
    GurlBYE said:
    Ruinate said:
    You mean is work in pvp.
    Well... when you go for the 900 progression reward you're almost certainly playing ~30 matches at 30-40 points each unless you don't get hit at all on your way there. At least that's how it is for me. Or is there some trick to getting those juicy 50+ point guys more than once in a blue moon?

What I would really like is an option to do a single clear at top progression, but it only gives you enough for progression rewards then locks the node. This lets you do a few harder matches instead of grinding, but still lets people that want to do 4+3 clears to come out ahead for the extra time they invest.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    I don't play mpq with that priority. 
    I don't play and then live the rest of the time I'm not playing. 
    I live, I go to the ****, and THEN it's mpq time.
    lol, 4 clears... 
  • Ruinate
    broll said:
    Ruinate said:
    Funny because this seems like a direct response to the biggest complaint I see about PvP on the forums, the fact that progression rewards backslide.  You can say they did a poor job in how they applied a fix, but it's hard to say they weren't listening.
    40 matches got me 2579 points.  40 matches is a lot.  Increasing time spent playing is what this thread is about so no, they are not listening.

This change may benefit you now, but this is what you have to look forward to when you get tired of pve.  More of the same crapola just with Latest Legend characters instead of Dark Avengers.  Even worse if you like to play both game modes.

Plus the biggest complaint is that pvp just sucks in general. Not prog, lol
  • Elric_VIII
    Ruinate said:
    broll said:
    Ruinate said:
    Funny because this seems like a direct response to the biggest complaint I see about PvP on the forums, the fact that progression rewards backslide.  You can say they did a poor job in how they applied a fix, but it's hard to say they weren't listening.
    40 matches got me 2579 points.  40 matches is a lot.  Increasing time spent playing is what this thread is about so no, they are not listening.

This change may benefit you now, but this is what you have to look forward to when you get tired of pve.  More of the same crapola just with Latest Legend characters instead of Dark Avengers.  Even worse if you like to play both game modes.

That's 64 points per match without any losses counted. Are you getting those high values because you're coordinating on Line? Because I'm pretty sure most people are seeing what I am: 20-40 points for most matches. That works out to about the same number played for 900 progression.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate said:
    broll said:
    Ruinate said:

As a 4* player it takes me between 30-45 matches to get 900 today.
    As a 3* player and below I found it literally impossible to get 900, regardless of matches (even tried multiple shields a few times)

The problem is that PvP has been ludicrously imbalanced in favor of the upper tier rosters.  They need to fix that in addition to this.  This fix is neutral to beneficial to everyone except 5* players.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate said:
    broll said:
    Ruinate said:

That's 64 points per match without any losses counted. Are you getting those high values because you're coordinating on Line? Because I'm pretty sure most people are seeing what I am: 20-40 points for most matches. That works out to about the same number played for 900 progression.
    It's actually more because I took two hits on my climb from 0 to 2579.  Yes, I am on Line but that is irrelevant.  because I got 75 point matches right from the beginning.  I'm not coordinating anything with anybody at 0 points.  Any 5* player who joined when I did would have had the same queues with or without Line.  Just ask the guys who were getting sniped way more than I was. 

40 matches at the 2*-4* tier is not the same as 40 matches at the 5* tier.  Do I want climb like I did every single event? NO. Burning out is very real at this level.  

So now can I ask if you've been having fun hitting 40 matches for that 900 reward?  Would your opinion change 6 months from now if it only takes you 20 matches to get 900 but you still have 20 more matches to go?
  • Elric_VIII
    Ruinate said:
    Ruinate said:
    broll said:
    Ruinate said:

It's actually more because I took two hits on my climb from 0 to 2579.  Yes, I am on Line but that is irrelevant.  because I got 75 point matches right from the beginning.  I'm not coordinating anything with anybody at 0 points.  Any 5* player who joined when I did would have had the same queues with or without Line.  Just ask the guys who were getting sniped way more than I was. 

40 matches at the 2*-4* tier is not the same as 40 matches at the 5* tier.  Do I want climb like I did every single event? NO. Burning out is very real at this level.  

So now can I ask if you've been having fun hitting 40 matches for that 900 reward?  Would your opinion change 6 months from now if it only takes you 20 matches to get 900 but you still have 20 more matches to go?
    I don't hit 900 every time, so I'm not burnt out on it. But guess what? 5* play should not be how the game is balanced.

If this new change makes 5* play an issue, then change how THAT works. I'm not saying you're wrong, but don't expect the game to be balanced around something that is realistically achievable only by whales and super hardcore players.