Opinions on 5 Clears

Comments

• Dalbok
    Dalbok Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    This decision drove me to back-off on playing.  I'm still doing the Daily DPQs for the most part, but not doing much with PvE or PvP.  Prior to that, I had been grinding for progression rewards for PvE for quite a while and trying to keep up Championing my 4*s.   Lost interest when they raised the cost of getting the existing rewards.  I think the plan to extend the rewards was a good thing, but pushing existing rewards back killed it for me.  
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    It's been a positive change for me and basically everyone in t100 PVE alliances.  It hasn't changed my level of effort (I was already doing 6-7 clears) and now I get more rewards.

I'm surprised more people aren't saying the same thing.  I know it's not everyone, but lots of people on this board are in the same boat.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Because I like the rewards it made me 6 or 7 clear everything instead of be able to only 4 clear when I wanted a break. So far I've kept up the pace but if the 7 day events keep coming at this rate I'm going to burn out.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE said:
    Pants1000 said:
    It's been a positive change for me and basically everyone in t100 PVE alliances.  It hasn't changed my level of effort (I was already doing 6-7 clears) and now I get more rewards.

I'm surprised more people aren't saying the same thing.  I know it's not everyone, but lots of people on this board are in the same boat.
    I think it's mainly because the people who don't do 6 to 7 clears regularly get less rewards. 
    Getting more for what you already do is lovely.

it'd have been great if that could happen without making it worse on everyone else. 
    This in a nutshell. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I think 5 clears would have been accepted better if we were getting new content on a regular basis. The spiderman really doesn't count as it was just a modified boss rush.

The focus is so much collect new characters now and all the content is either old or barely run (growth industry or the cho event). 

They could easily taken those three gotg levels and make a pve out of that. It'd at least be something new.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    On one side, I'm with @Pants1000; I was already doing 5-7 clears, I'm still doing 5-7 clears, and now I get more stuff. Fantastic.

On the other side, I suffer from the psychology of the change. Now, instead of the extra clears being... extra... where the only extra returns were the last 2 node rewards, now they're required to get the maximum return on the thing that matters most (CP). Before, I'd do the clears and not really think about it, now I do the clears and it really feels like a slog. Like others, I've pretty much stopped doing PVP (don't even think I'll get the 4K reward this time), and with the run of 7-day events lately I feel like I may take a break soon. 

And, it's not just this change. The constant grind of the "current-12" and the constant push for getting the ISO to champ is also adding to the slog. Do I have all of the current-12 champed? Sure (except for Gamora, Sandman and C&D, where I'm cover-deprived), but it never stops.

So, count me as negative on the change, although I've certainly benefited from it. 

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the constant race to champ the latest 12 is already a bit deary.

I just max covered Iron Fist, gamora, and r&g over the past couple of days, but I got to champ if I want to keep using cp without too much waste.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hated it.  I always did four, and even feel that got a bit mind numbingly grindy from time to time. But, between vaulting and a number of other issues, it was just one more straw on an already quadriplegic camel. 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    It's brutal especially in 5* land.  I know it's going to burn me out eventually and I'm probably quit. 
    If 4 clears got you all the cp but not max progression it would be way better , and maybe the final few rewards were tokens and or iso 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Pants1000 said:

As a leader of a T100 PvE alliance I agree the extra rewards are nice, but I don't support the devs decision to backload the best rewards so far or to make the min clears for max progression harder.  

I would have much rather them left the max progression at 4 clears and spread the rewards out in that space (then everyone gets more for what they were already doing)

or

They do change the clears to 5, but rather than respacing out the rewards they left most (if not all) of the old rewards at the same points, but add the extra rewards beyond that.  So for example people who only wanted to do 4 clears would still get 25 CP, but they'd miss out the extra 8 CP, extra ISO, extra HP, extra covers were there for people who did 5.

Making the game more grinding is bad for everyone because it encourages burnout and lowers the likelihood of maintaining old players and gaining new ones.  
    I'm part of a family of alliances, and happen to be leading the one that's "on the fence" for t100 in PvE. My particular alliance asked people to meet progression. When the devs moved the goalposts, we decided to keep the basic requirement of play the same across the entire family, so my alliance's requirements became 4x clears. Now people play the same in regards to staying with the people they've always played with, but get less rewards, because max progression went up. It's kinda a bummer, because people who have met the same requirements for months to contribute towards an alliance score are suddenly getting less in personal rewards.

I definitely agree that the added rewards should have been interspersed among the original structure, or added wholly on top, leaving the 25 CP at the mark for 4x clears. Many in my alliance would benefit from it, as it would allow them to continue playing the way they have been for ages without missing out on that 25 CP reward.

People have real lives, and while our family of alliances has people that churn out t10 in PVE and do well in competitive PVP regularly, and thus will get whatever rewards are in the game regardless, there are people that don't put in that same effort, and making the game harder for them (by moving more valuable rewards to higher progression requirements) isn't cool. Allowing people to play more and get more rewards from it is a good thing, but they've created a "rich get richer" situation, and penalized the people that were working "just hard enough" to begin with.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    I've reduced my commitment to MPQ due to 5 clears and I have to say that I don't really feel that bad about it. It's also driven me to drop VIP status since I'm playing less. Four clears was more than I wanted to do, but I usually hit it. Five clears is a bridge too far. I'll generally hit the 4 star progression if it's an interesting character that I need. I miss the ISO, but I love the free time. Also, back-loaded points and rewards suck.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Put me in with 5 clears is awful and has decreased the amount of PVE I'M playing.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Pants1000 said:

I'm in a top 250 alliance and we had made the push for top 100 a year ago and finished better than 150 one season. We discovered that we were still light years away (point wise) from being top 100. The rewards for being a top 100 alliance just weren't that great for the level of commitment. The top 100 alliances only represent 2000 players. You guys are all outliers when looking at the MPQ player base metadata. You're also likely where most of the MPQ revenue is generated, so changes tend to favor you. The rest of us.. not so much.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    broll said:
    Pants1000 said:

As a leader of a T100 PvE alliance I agree the extra rewards are nice, but I don't support the devs decision to backload the best rewards so far or to make the min clears for max progression harder.  

I would have much rather them left the max progression at 4 clears and spread the rewards out in that space (then everyone gets more for what they were already doing)

or

They do change the clears to 5, but rather than respacing out the rewards they left most (if not all) of the old rewards at the same points, but add the extra rewards beyond that.  So for example people who only wanted to do 4 clears would still get 25 CP, but they'd miss out the extra 8 CP, extra ISO, extra HP, extra covers were there for people who did 5.

Making the game more grinding is bad for everyone because it encourages burnout and lowers the likelihood of maintaining old players and gaining new ones.  
    I'm part of a family of alliances, and happen to be leading the one that's "on the fence" for t100 in PvE. My particular alliance asked people to meet progression. When the devs moved the goalposts, we decided to keep the basic requirement of play the same across the entire family, so my alliance's requirements became 4x clears. Now people play the same in regards to staying with the people they've always played with, but get less rewards, because max progression went up. It's kinda a bummer, because people who have met the same requirements for months to contribute towards an alliance score are suddenly getting less in personal rewards.

I definitely agree that the added rewards should have been interspersed among the original structure, or added wholly on top, leaving the 25 CP at the mark for 4x clears. Many in my alliance would benefit from it, as it would allow them to continue playing the way they have been for ages without missing out on that 25 CP reward.

People have real lives, and while our family of alliances has people that churn out t10 in PVE and do well in competitive PVP regularly, and thus will get whatever rewards are in the game regardless, there are people that don't put in that same effort, and making the game harder for them (by moving more valuable rewards to higher progression requirements) isn't cool. Allowing people to play more and get more rewards from it is a good thing, but they've created a "rich get richer" situation, and penalized the people that were working "just hard enough" to begin with.
    We were had recently crossed the threshold into T100 and our requirements had always been Max Progression.  We decided to keep it Max Progression so basically it upped our requirements.  People generally adjusted but I'm still worried about the ones that were barely meeting Max at 4 getting burnt out sooner now.  We'll see...
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    JHawkInc said:
    broll said:
    Pants1000 said:

or

We were had recently crossed the threshold into T100 and our requirements had always been Max Progression.  We decided to keep it Max Progression so basically it upped our requirements.  People generally adjusted but I'm still worried about the ones that were barely meeting Max at 4 getting burnt out sooner now.  We'll see...
    Verified: We ARE getting burnt out sooner (at least I am) but the bright lining is there will likely always be someone that wants to be in a Max Progression alliance when other people finally get tired of the grind. 

I'm still hoping they realize this was a poor choice and change the requirements. I don't have much hope, but I'm not burnt out yet, either.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    5 clears is tinykitty sadism. Sheriff of Nottingham level of taxation. Theres an Eastern European saying: you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. 
    its bad for new players= if your missing one req'd character there is slim chance that you'll be able to make it up with extra clears
    its bad for casual players=no progression means no incentive to play=no "investment" of in-game currencies to keep up the futile grind
    its bad for existing green check players=less players to fill that desired SCL 9&10, less opponents to queue in PvP

So I don't understand how its a good business decision. But one look at the list of other game titles the devs have and its apparent they don't have any experience with successful games outside of console platforms, thus why they keep getting change after change wrong. So I guess squeezing turnips is like expecting the devs to make a QoL change FOR the players. Maybe they just don't have it in em. Maybe they peaked? I keep hoping that Bandai takes a look at other long-term successful franchises and adapt their cash grab strategy before it slides down the slippery slope and next April we are starting over with MPQ2

This thread is a dead canary in the iso-mines of Ol' Grindey Mountain. Wake up devs/pubs and stop giving us the mine shaft to oblivion. Its not sustainable