Proof that the devs are not listening to the players.

Options

Comments

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think they could make everyone happy here.  Keep 4 hour refresh,but when the boss dies, add 8 hours with no new charges.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please stay on the topic of event recharge times, and do not attack other players. Thank you!*
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    naphomci said:
    Ohboy said:
    @naphomci

4h charges actually help people who can't beat every node reliably get to their progression. 

Except that really isn't true in context. The event ends much sooner under a 4 hour recharge than it did under the 8 hour recharge. So, you are probably getting pretty close to the same number of attempts under either system.

Well yeah, because you guys campaigned to get it ended earlier. So now neither camp gets what they need. 
    I did not. While I thought it was a bit ridiculous when the weekend event lasted into Tuesday or Wednesday, that particular thing didn't bother me, as it was still 8 hour recharges. You also state as though the "campaign" for shorter events said "have it done by Sat. night." I believe it was more of a "don't let it bleed into Mon/Tue/Wed." The devs over shot.
  • naphomci
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Please stay on the topic of event recharge times, and do not attack other players. Thank you!*
    Since you are still following this thread, can you please have the new team of trusted devs look at the polls, and consider at least a 6 hour recharge?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    naphomci said:
    Brigby said:
    Since you are still following this thread, can you please have the new team of trusted devs look at the polls, and consider at least a 6 hour recharge?
    Yes. I will be sure to pass this topic to the new team. Please keep in mind though that there won't be many adjustments during the transitioning period, as the new team will still need to first get acclimated with the tools and environment, prior to addressing development topics.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:

Yes. I will be sure to pass this topic to the new team. Please keep in mind though that there won't be many adjustments during the transitioning period, as the new team will still need to first get acclimated with the tools and environment, prior to addressing development topics.
    UNACCEPTABLE, this is a slap in the face, etc

we demand and deserve a full scale rework starting with the match-3 mechanics
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    octal9 said:
    Brigby said: 

UNACCEPTABLE, this is a slap in the face, etc

we demand and deserve a full scale rework starting with the match-3 mechanics
    I'm reading this as sarcasm due to the mixed style usage, but I've advocated for code rewrite for a long time. If they made a more robust system to deal with the complexity magic new mechanics wouldn't constantly be breaking everything. Case in point is the initial design to do damage for every kill effect. (there is a whole comprehensive rulebook to see what needs to be accounted for)
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Charge times..... So much more to resolve than changing something which isn't broken! 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Charge times..... So much more to resolve than changing something which isn't broken! 
    Mmm. How much time do you think it'll take to change a 4 to an 8 in the code? They don't even need to test it to see if it works, because they never do.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Dologan said:
    Yes, ohboy, we want the same rewards for less work. That's exactly what we want and there is no shame in that, because the current work it requires to get to the top is not reasonable or befitting of a bloody mobile game about zombies, mummies and whatnot meant to be played for entertainment by people with other activities in life. It didn't use to be that way and there is no reason it should. 

Top rewards are earned by a mixture of skill (building/steering decks), luck (getting and drawing cards, matches), cooperation (helping mates) and dedication/grinding. The format absolutely influences their balance and 4 hour recharges overwhelmingly tilt that it towards the dedication/grinding aspect, exploiting and abusing the fact that there will always be some people bored, addicted, greedy and/or masochistic enough to try going through the hoops no matter how high they're placed, to the detriment of overall enjoyment and alienating those that may have the skill and resources, and probably even the dedication to earn the top rewards, but not the time required to do so. 

Of course, it will probably shock you to hear that some people don't consider it reasonable to require inordinate dedication to earn top rewards -- I'm talking to the guy who would routinely grind Quick Battle matches for hours and hours on end to earn that mythic reward and who always resented that groups of people could earn the same reward by working well together with comparatively fewer matches during coalition events.

Oh for crying out loud. This has gone on long enough. I've never begrudged coalitions for getting their rewards. My beef was with the anti competitive practices and the over the top prizes. This went for QB top prizes too. 

What, you think that I wasn't good enough to get into a top coalition? Or perhaps you're like @andrewvanmarle, who laughably thought I didn't put in as much effort in the game as he did. If I resented your rewards as much as you say, I could easily have joined one. 

So let me set the record straight. Because this is not the first, second or third time someone has insinuated I'm envious because I can't get in a top coalition. I set up a coalition on day 1, and much like everyone here who claims to be so, I value the people in my coalition. I won't kick/replace them for doing badly, nor will I leave them just to better my rewards like so many who somehow still claim to be close comrades with their team, but require score tracking instead of trust. 

There is absolutely no shame in wanting to be efficient. You're right about that. The shame comes from trampling on others to get there. 8 hour charges were fine until you guys campaigned to cut the event short. Now there are less charges for everyone, and some people need every charge they can get. They're not playing a mindless grind like you guys. Some of them still find it hard to beat certain bosses. They need those charges. You had your event shortened to 2 days. Let the little guys win one. God knows you can afford to. 
    @Phillmoore I notice you have liked this post. I feel I should point out that that Ohboy knows full well that events are not timed; 'Cutting the event short' just means reducing the amount of health the boss has. There is no explicit time element. However the devs choose to set the respawn timer, the number of respawns each player gets will be the same. Whether the respawn timer is 4 hours or 8 hours, the little guys will get exactly the same number of tries at the game.
    Dologan said:

Ah, disingenuous as ever...

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You've been away too long. 

There's a time limit. The reduction to boss hp + recharges frequency increases have prevented us from hitting it for months. 

Also I'm not fancy at math as you are, but cutting boss hp means everyone gets less charges. 

This entire thing can be summarized as "some people want to see more charges, some want less". 

You guys can pull in whatever tangent you want to try to sound like I'm a rambling lunatic, but that's what it boils down to. 

So far, the pve event has been campaigned by the top players to have the hp reduced, and an arbitrary timer added. Now you want frequency to drop as well, so we have a higher chance to get culled from the arbitrary timer. I like the word disingenuous. Yeah I'll go with that too. 
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's not changing. I have children who accept the inevitable quicker than some of you guys do.  Bed time really does mean bed time. 4 hour charges are here to stay! (Unless the devs change their mind which I hope they won't!) 
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Ohboy, I never insinuated that could not get into a top coalition. Of course you could. In fact, I am well aware that more than one has tried to recruit you, and you have repeatedly refused for reasons that are only your own. I also never put your dedication into question -- quite on the contrary; the last paragraph actually acknowledges your extraordinary dedication by highlighting the fact that you would often undertake the massive grind required to frequently score the top spot of QB rounds. The point of that was to acknowledge that you would probably be of the opinion that inordinate dedication should be required to obtain top prizes, which seems to be what you've been arguing for.

Many people have noted that refresh time in the absence other adjustments does not really help newer or otherwise disadvantaged players achieve personal progression; not directly, in any case. They'll get essentially the same number of tries as otherwise, since, despite the recent introduction of an explicit time limit, it has not been the limiting factor. In fact, if they have busy weekend schedules, they might get fewer, since their node counters might overflow. I do care about the experience for lower tier players, and would not want "quality of life" changes for my state to trample it, and in fact I have argued for changes that actually would help them, and not just for longer refreshes to help myself.

• naphomci
    Options
    Ohboy said:

There's a time limit. The reduction to boss hp + recharges frequency increases have prevented us from hitting it for months. 

Also I'm not fancy at math as you are, but cutting boss hp means everyone gets less charges. 

This entire thing can be summarized as "some people want to see more charges, some want less". 

You guys can pull in whatever tangent you want to try to sound like I'm a rambling lunatic, but that's what it boils down to. 

So far, the pve event has been campaigned by the top players to have the hp reduced, and an arbitrary timer added. Now you want frequency to drop as well, so we have a higher chance to get culled from the arbitrary timer. I like the word disingenuous. Yeah I'll go with that too. 
    The statements on the timer indicated it was always there, just not shown. The players have campaigned for the events to be reasonable, so far (since I've been playing), any change made has been extreme, not incremental to find the best fit.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    naphomci said:
    Ohboy said:

The statements on the timer indicated it was always there, just not shown. The players have campaigned for the events to be reasonable, so far (since I've been playing), any change made has been extreme, not incremental to find the best fit.

Actually if it was always there, then it was shortened at one point of its run. 

A couple of months ago, after numerous complaints of the event running almost a full week, a timer was instituted and hit by the 4th day. 

If a change from 8h to 4h is considered extreme, then you have to agree that the change from 4h to 8h was equally extreme. Since there were few complaints on that front, I can only assume the objection isn't about extremism. 
  • naphomci
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    naphomci said:
    Ohboy said:

Actually if it was always there, then it was shortened at one point of its run. 

A couple of months ago, after numerous complaints of the event running almost a full week, a timer was instituted and hit by the 4th day. 

If a change from 8h to 4h is considered extreme, then you have to agree that the change from 4h to 8h was equally extreme. Since there were few complaints on that front, I can only assume the objection isn't about extremism. 
    I didn't play when it was originally 4 hr. However, going 4 to 8 would just bring it in line with all other events (assuming that is correct since I didn't play), so it wouldn't be extreme.

There are other examples--the weekend event timing out on Wed. morning, then the next week ending Sat. morning because of the extreme overcompensation.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ohboy said:

What, you think that I wasn't good enough to get into a top coalition? Or perhaps you're like @andrewvanmarle, who laughably thought I didn't put in as much effort in the game as he did. If I resented your rewards as much as you say, I could easily have joined one. 

Did you really have to drag me in a discussion i'm not part of?

If you have something to say to me have the *nope* to do it in my face, if you want to refer to something you think I've said, have the decency to look up the post and quote me.

So if you want me on the record? I'm over your *antics*, and no, no coalition could last a day with you in it.

***Removed personal attacks and inappropriate language - Ducky
  • Ohboy
    Options
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The development team is effectively gone. That's might explain why the player engagement on the forums is as low as I've ever seen it. Or perhaps its these posts where players get into these tiffs. I'm tired of reading them. Oh, and the timer change  merely shifted my gameplay, I am not losing sleep over it.
  • aesith
    aesith Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Absentee Landlord who has charged astronomical rent since day 1.  The kids run wild here as long as rent is paid. 
    Some people need to grow up and wake up.
    Love, Carl