Proof that the devs are not listening to the players.

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @naphomci
    The main developer in charge of event design is currently out of office, and as of right now, I do not see any change to the recharge time. Having said that though, I will be sure to pass along feedback to them once they return.
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Hope so. I prefer 4 hour slots
  • Squirreljester
    Squirreljester Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I stopped reading after the first page, but I had a thought that may be a good solution. How about making it so you only use up a charge on a node if you win. Players that are new/casual or ones that have **** luck getting cards can keep trying a node they are having issues with which will get more tries to try and build a deck to beat it, and the ones with the needed cards will beat it like they usually would and use their node charges up. That would also give more of a chance for new/casual players to get more wins and be that much more competitive.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    How about making it so you only use up a charge on a node if you win.
    Exploitable for perfect scores: "Oops I missed an objective; time to throw the match"
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    octal9 said:
    Exploitable for perfect scores: "Oops I missed an objective; time to throw the match"
    Yep.. they'd need to add "win without retry" objectives to each node for it to work.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    octal9 said:
    The entire game is exploitable for perfect scores now. Everyone in the top coalitions who is still playing is playing for 'fun' now, they aren't playing with the strongest decks they can in order to win as often as possible. Making a change to make the game more exploitable is surely fine if it makes it more fun, no?
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    shteev said:
    octal9 said:
    The entire game is exploitable for perfect scores now. Everyone in the top coalitions who is still playing is playing for 'fun' now, they aren't playing with the strongest decks they can in order to win as often as possible. Making a change to make the game more exploitable is surely fine if it makes it more fun, no?
    Not sure I totally understand your last sentence, but I'd say you are right about the 2nd part. I go for objectives most of the time, but I mostly leave it up to chance to hit them, especially in FirF, because trying for a perfect score is no fun for me any more.
  • Squirreljester
    Squirreljester Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Between the people smurfing (using low level PW's), and the super mythic decks, the way the game is now, the people who win always win, and the people that can't win never have a chance.
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby
    We have an update and a new event. Please tell me that the devs listened and we will have 8 hour charges.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    naphomci said:
    @Brigby
    We have an update and a new event. Please tell me that the devs listened and we will have 8 hour charges.
    The Boss has around 2.5mio HP, compared to toz.. The answer will be probably no.
  • naphomci
    @Brigby
    Is this discussion recent enough for some answer on the 4 hour recharge?
    Because it is disheartening that your response in the other thread, despite knowing this has been stewing for months, was "not here." Are the devs going to continue to completely ignore the player base?

It's really pitiful considering that Wizards is known for listening to its players, then the licensee of the product does the complete opposite--D3/Hiberium effectively telling its players to buzz off, your opinion does not matter.
  • Phillmoore
    Be like Elsa ......  let it go 
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor

Don't fire things up.  Yes, these threads should not be necro'd.  But there is an issue at-hand.

4-hour recharges?  Fine.  But now they've compounded the issue by changing the event schedules to end in the middle of the night for North America, or start at 4:00am.  Players should not be punished for their real life schedule or timezone.

Something has to be done, not necessarily to the recharge time.  Or, we could do as you say "let it go", then watch as players literally leave the game.

• Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    One question @Phillmoore. Why do you want the 4hr recharged so bad?  Is it that you are trying to make progression, want to learn how to beat the hardest bosses or because you just want more battles?  

If D3 wants to have everyone make progression then they can lower the amount it takes to make progression. If a player does not have the cards to beat the final bosses then it really does not matter how many times they play them. 

If you are trying to beat the bosses and want more attempts at it, it is better to think ahead. Write down the cards they play. They only have about 12-13 cards they can play.  Also remember that after the event is a coalition event, that it will run as a non-coalition event semi-regularly. Then you can fight all you want. 

If you just want more battles, these types of events are not the best place to do it. It is the same 9 decks with the same 9 abilities. TG after progression is far superior. At least Koth will have different supports and spells even if you never see them from rage quitting after Olivia drops, with 1st ability used, and whatever other creatures are in its hand. Geez, did everyone buy Olivia?!

You keep stating that everyone should let it go and D3 is not going to change it. Don't forget Trial of Zeal's 1st iteration was not 4 hour recharge and it was changed. Kiora's 1st nerf was changed before it even happened. Koth was near unplayable and people paid for early access to him. And now look how he shines. D3 makes changes. And sometimes directly from responses on the forums. 

ToZ final nodes could pump out big baddies like they cost 6 mana and had so much hp but I think the reason it was hard was removal. After playing Return of Bolas I thought more people would say they didn't need the 4hr since it is so much easier than ToZ (hardly any removal). Hardest part was learning to run creatureless on final node and I learned that after my 1st battle went 90turns and I didn't even put a dent into HP at which point I quit the battle because My deck wasn't equipped to kill without creatures. 
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    I did like 4hr recharge and cycling during trial of zeal. But since the new bosses are reasonably hard, the 4 hrs recharge is not necessary. I prefer less battles
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Steeme said:

4-hour recharges?  Fine.  But now they've compounded the issue by changing the event schedules to end in the middle of the night for North America, or start at 4:00am.  Players should not be punished for their real life schedule or timezone.

Those 4-hour recharges occur on the PVE events that do not have a set end time (except for that one time... that was painful). So recharges and end times are two different issues and shouldn't be conflated. The start time issue could be an issue with 4-hour recharges, but an easy fix for that would be to increase the max charges by 1.

At this point, I wouldn't put much hope in the 4-hour recharges changing. They've had plenty of time to read our feedback and implement a change, but they haven't. They want us to log in more and look at the game often. See the 2-hour booster for proof of that.
  • Phillmoore
    Ok. Why do I like 4 hours.  It's a game.  And today I've played just twice 8 hours apart. There is not enough content to play and amalgamate reward. Unless they increase rewards structure. Meahhahahahah

I know of no other game where I can't log in and do something so yes I want to play and get rewards and if that means I can do so every 4 hours or twice a day for twice as long hell yes I want that. 

I've finished all the story etc. So events are my only game play

4 goes In Training grounds and 3 plays in event is not enough. Sorry if this disappoints you @skiglass6
  • naphomci
    What evidence do you have that anyone other than you is so fervently behind 4 hour recharges? There is actual evidence for 8 hours, but none for the 4 hour.

You can always play training grounds beyond four if you so need more games.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Steeme said:

Those 4-hour recharges occur on the PVE events that do not have a set end time (except for that one time... that was painful). So recharges and end times are two different issues and shouldn't be conflated. The start time issue could be an issue with 4-hour recharges, but an easy fix for that would be to increase the max charges by 1.

At this point, I wouldn't put much hope in the 4-hour recharges changing. They've had plenty of time to read our feedback and implement a change, but they haven't. They want us to log in more and look at the game often. See the 2-hour booster for proof of that.

Recharges and end times are not two separate issues at all.  Everything is dependent.  Given a consistent boss HP level, the time it is reduced to zero is both affected by when the event starts and how fast the nodes recharge.  I missed the last progression reward by a handful of points when the first Nicol Bolas event ran due to the timing.  If it was 8 hour recharges, I would not have missed it.  If it was 4 hour recharges, but started at 1:00pm EST as usual, I also would not have missed it.