Proof that the devs are not listening to the players.

Options
14567810»

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, look, I don't play very much these days, otherwise I'd have started that new poll by now. Are the options we want in it just '4 hours' and '8 hours'?
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
    So, look, I don't play very much these days, otherwise I'd have started that new poll by now. Are the options we want in it just '4 hours' and '8 hours'?

6 hours was offered as a compromise.

• Formulator
    Formulator Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    After participating in the forums off and on for a little over a year, I think these are the main complaints:

Drop rates / Dupe rates.
    Old bugs that have been fixed somehow randomly reemerging.
    Koth.
    Events requiring to much of an investment.

I know it seems like negativity, but folks want these issues addressed because they care about the state of the game. Believe it or not, there are gacha games out there where drop rates are an after thought and events are actually a lot of fun instead of grindy. I think people just want to experience that with MTGPQ. 

Remember when the old dev team "fixed dupes" by putting less cards in packs? That happened... Hopefully the new crew coming in has the power to change those kinds of shenanigans. That stuff just feels like a slap in the face to a player. People don't want to just quit and play something else because, at it's core, this game is amazeballs. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After participating in the forums off and on for a little over a year, I think these are the main complaints:

Drop rates / Dupe rates.
    Old bugs that have been fixed somehow randomly reemerging.
    Koth.
    Events requiring to much of an investment.

I know it seems like negativity, but folks want these issues addressed because they care about the state of the game. Believe it or not, there are gacha games out there where drop rates are an after thought and events are actually a lot of fun instead of grindy. I think people just want to experience that with MTGPQ. 

Remember when the old dev team "fixed dupes" by putting less cards in packs? That happened... Hopefully the new crew coming in has the power to change those kinds of shenanigans. That stuff just feels like a slap in the face to a player. People don't want to just quit and play something else because, at it's core, this game is amazeballs. 
    If I recall correctly that was supposed to increase the rate of rares rather than address dupes, it did not go over well.
  • Mvpelway7
    Mvpelway7 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The only complaint I've ever had about the game is that there is no pvp. So,  its turned from a complete addiction that took up all my time, to a toilet game that I'll pick up once a week.

Another thing that they needed to add to this game was rewards for progression. Having random cards as prizes for finishing an event is close, but not quite what we're looking for. Their current model of charging an Outrageous Fortune for decent cards and planeswalkers didn't work on any level. It has left the suckers that paid feeling jilted, and the really good veteran players frustrated that they can't play with the best toys unless fork over boatloads of cash.   

At this point,  I feel like I'm hoping for a miracle where the devs find their way.  I'm not holding my breath though, I'm just playing a different game instead.