Pvp cyber bullying

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    I've been double dipped, triple dipped by the same person from time to time. I play in a slice that the rest of my alliance barely plays in because I have a name checking problem- I don't do it. I probably hit the same people numerous times in an event. Does that make me a bully? I don't think so. Don't want to get hit, then shield. If you pop up in my queue and the points are worth it expect me to hit you. Pop up again, your gonna get hit again. Sorry, wait no I'm not that's the way the game is played!!!
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    No
    Milk Jugz said:
    I've been double dipped, triple dipped by the same person from time to time. I play in a slice that the rest of my alliance barely plays in because I have a name checking problem- I don't do it. I probably hit the same people numerous times in an event. Does that make me a bully? I don't think so. Don't want to get hit, then shield. If you pop up in my queue and the points are worth it expect me to hit you. Pop up again, your gonna get hit again. Sorry, wait no I'm not that's the way the game is played!!!
    You and I have swapped a few times. I never took it personally. It just sucks though because I'd skip your name and fight someone else. Go back to the queue and you would be the person that pops up. 
  • Milk Jugz
    edited July 2017
    No
    FokaiHI said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    You and I have swapped a few times. I never took it personally. It just sucks though because I'd skip your name and fight someone else. Go back to the queue and you would be the person that pops up. 
    If the points are worth it hit me!! Like I said I don't name check usually....

EDIT: I should note also, when I see that I've been double or triple dipped by someone, I do look for that name to get my points back. So if you do hit me more than once expect to get hit back more than once.
  • crispynate
    crispynate Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    No
    Not only is it cyber-bullying, but if someone of the opposite sex hits me, it's sexual harassment.  Also: racism. Hit me more than three times?  Nazi-ism/fascism 

(I voted no)

Unfortunately this game and the mmr, which other people have stated, forces you to double, sometimes triple tap people in order to break out of certain ranges.  I know everyone loves to have an egocentric, paranoid, fantastical view that everyone else is out to get them and do them harm, but the game mechanics sometimes dictate that we have no choice.  As someone with a 5* SS, but not a whale-roster...I have 2 choices:  sit between 500-700 and get slammed back down to 350-400 in about 2 hours, or hit a few people (sometimes) more than once to break above 700 and then breakout.  

The game forces me to choose option 2. 
  • Milk Jugz
    No
    I've also had times where for 2, 3, 4 days in a row I've gone back and forth with someone in shield sim. The really gratifying thing to see on that is watching the other person try out 10 different teams against me and eventually wiping all while I put the same team up
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Milk Jugz said:
    I'm exactly the same as that. I never check the name of the person I'm hitting. I look at the team and the points they are worth and decide solely on that whether I fight them or not. 

I fight until I'm within 3 hours of the end of the event and then shield. Job done for me. 
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    No
    I think we can all agree that while playing PvP regularly, we see the same names every time. It doesn't matter what slice you play. Every slice has the same people. 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Yes ....I have been single out
    Someone posted me private message saying you got targeted and attacked because I attacked someone during their climb.

This is when I made a rare visit to slice 1.

Can you believe it, I got attacked by huge numbers  for daring to attack in a fighting game.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    sh81 said:
    Someone posted me private message saying you got targeted and attacked because I attacked someone during their climb.

Can you believe it, I got attacked by huge numbers  for daring to attack in a fighting game.
    THIS is cyber bullying.

Getting hit through the normal course of play is not.

There is a pretty obvious distinction.
    Unless he tripled a frontrunner while he was putting out a cake for others, I don't believe he would get targetted.

I know S1. Trust me.

Edit: And now I read in another thread that he finds it tough to make 575.
    QED.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Bowgentle said:
    sh81 said:

THIS is cyber bullying.

Unless he tripled a frontrunner while he was putting out a cake for others, I don't believe he would get targetted.

I know S1. Trust me.

QED.
    There is no "unless" or a "but" or any other excuse.  If you seek out and target someone i call foul.

If you are doing a climb and hit me three times because the game puts me in front of you, so be it, that's the way the game works.  That is no reason for me to seek you out and try to harass or intimidate you.

It doesn't matter the slice, it doesn't matter what they usually hit, if they get targeted for any reason, it is bad.

Please do me a favor and don't excuse bad behavior.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    If you are doing a climb and hit me three times because the game puts me in front of you, so be it, that's the way the game works.  That is no reason for me to seek you out and try to harass or intimidate you.
    How do you know if they hit you 3x because they were "targeting" you or that was just the team the game put in front of you 3x? Queue hell is real. If I'm climbing and the only q's are friendlies or some poor schmuck, sorry schmuck, you're getting tagged. May look like targeting to them. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    There should be no such thing as 'friendlies'. You hit everything put infront of you. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    There should be no such thing as 'friendlies'. You hit everything put infront of you. 
    You understand there is a social aspect to this game that actually keeps this game alive, right?
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Its a pretty simple solution. Take out the players name when you are given each fight. You never know who you are fighting then.
    That defeats the entire purpose of player versus player. If I don't know who I'm hitting I might as well just play PVE or DPD.
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler

Bowgentle said:
    sh81 said:

THIS is cyber bullying.

I know S1. Trust me.

QED.
    There is no "unless" or a "but" or any other excuse.  If you seek out and target someone i call foul.

It doesn't matter the slice, it doesn't matter what they usually hit, if they get targeted for any reason, it is bad.

As I mentioned in the other post - it's not bad behavior, it's gameplay. You want to play how you want? Fine, go ahead. You really can't then go and say there's something wrong with how others play. Unless I'm messaging you outside of the game to taunt you it's not bullying, it's me deciding this is how I want to win the game. 
  • Spudgutter
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    How do you know if they hit you 3x because they were "targeting" you or that was just the team the game put in front of you 3x? Queue hell is real. If I'm climbing and the only q's are friendlies or some poor schmuck, sorry schmuck, you're getting tagged. May look like targeting to them. 
    If they are trying to climb, and its around a specific progression reward(575, 650, 750-900), i would agree it is queue hell.  If they havent played in 10 or 12 hours and were just floating at a lower level, i would guess targeting. 

I don't fault queue hell, i always rail on the shoddy pvp system.  I am just a proponent for a change that makes it more fair and more fun for everyone.  I may not have the answer, i am not that creative,  but i like to keep the dialogue open just in case.
  • Spudgutter
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    You understand there is a social aspect to this game that actually keeps this game alive, right?
    How do we know it keeps the game alive?  

I've been playing for 1300 days.  There are people that call themselves "vets" at 500 days, some at 800 days, some at 1300 days.  There will always be people just now learning about the game.

I won't discount that the social aspect helps, but how do we know that fixing it wouldn't make it *better*?  I didn't play pvp past 300 until well after 2 years of playing. Pvp was such a turn off.  Pretty much every pvp thread people say they play to a certain point and quit because of the hassle. And those same threads have people saying "hey, join the line community, its so much better."  Why cant we get a system that makes it so that we dont have to have some weird 40 person or 400 person truce?  
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys do realize that there is no such thing as PVP and PVE in game, right? There are Story mode and Versus mode. Any definition you attach to it of Player versus Player is your own, and not the developers.
    Story mode has a little story everyone skips because of timers and Versus has you fighting versus other players' AI controlled teams. But that's as far as it goes. For me the social aspect of playing together with friends is what keeps me playing. So Versus for me is Friends Versus Environment.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Spudgutter said:
    How do we know it keeps the game alive? 

I guess I can only speak for myself, my alliance, my hundreds of friends on Line, and others that have posted similarly here--but if it weren't for Line and the friendships I've developed over the years, this game would be Marvel Candy Crush to me, which I played for about 3 months.
  • Spudgutter

Bowgentle said:
    sh81 said:

THIS is cyber bullying.

I know S1. Trust me.

QED.

As I mentioned in the other post - it's not bad behavior, it's gameplay. You want to play how you want? Fine, go ahead. You really can't then go and say there's something wrong with how others play. Unless I'm messaging you outside of the game to taunt you it's not bullying, it's me deciding this is how I want to win the game. 
    To-ma-toe, to-ma-to. I think we all have the right to differing opinions, so if i think you are playing a way that is counterintuitive to the enjoyment of others, then i will say so.  

I fail to see how my play style would have an impact on how someone else enjoys the game.  It's pretty clear that targeting someone would impact it.  

I won't argue that there has to be winners and there has to be losers.  But i will argue that there is such as thing as unsportsmanlike conduct and bad behavior.

You want to be the guy that plays that way?  Go right ahead.  But i will let newer players and less experienced players know that you are the exception, not the rule.