Pvp cyber bullying

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 said:
    broll said:
    It's called player vs player. If you don't want to get hit, I suggest you play dpd or PVE. 
    The issue here is not about getting hit.  It's about being systematically targeted by a 6player (or alliance or several alliances) that are bigger than you.  No one here is arguing that in PvP you shouldn't be hit.

I think there should be a lockout if you hit the same player so many times.  Maybe after hitting the same player 5 times in 1 event they are locked out.  An alliance can't collectively hit the same player for more than 20 times, or something like that.  
    Problem with this is that there aren't enough targets as it is.  We routinely only have 5 people that we circulate over and over to the tune of 10 iso every skip after the first 4.  That's expensive.
    Maybe there are not enough targets because of many alliances with a "peace treaty" view of the game.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    grunth13 said:
    broll said:
    It's called player vs player. If you don't want to get hit, I suggest you play dpd or PVE. 
    The issue here is not about getting hit.  It's about being systematically targeted by a player (or alliance or several alliances) that are bigger than you.  No one here is arguing that in PvP you shouldn't be hit.

I think there should be a lockout if you hit the same player so many times.  Maybe after hitting the same player 5 times in 1 event they are locked out.  An alliance can't collectively hit the same player for more than 20 times, or something like that.  
    Problem with this is that there aren't enough targets as it is.  We routinely only have 5 people that we circulate over and over to the tune of 10 iso every skip after the first 4.  That's expensive.
    That sounds like the match making system is inefficient.  Again total overhaul needed.

I don't know why they can't just have seed accounts at various different levels to help with that.  It's not like the 'player' is actually doing the same thing.  Only difference is a players points don't go down when a seed gets hit.
    I've actually speculated that they DO have these. We hear stories about rosters popping out of nowhere that are too good to be true, being reported, and nothing happening. The stories are usually talked about as if they happen on the weekends. 

Employees out of the office for the weekend, not enough players to properly fill a PVP slice? Why not have some automated team that kicks in? Oh and when the beat up on everyone and take top spots and get reported as cheaters...well, do any of us think they'd test these fake teams out properly to avoid mistakes like that?  :D
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    No
    When do I not feel targeted?! When I'm at home, I feel like my wife is sniping me with chores and obligations, and my kids are sniping me by needing me to cook dinner for them and make sure they get baths and get to school. When I'm at work, my boss snipes me like crazy. Sometimes quadruple or even quintuple taps me with phone calls and text messages just before noon! Even the mailman is constantly singling me out by sniping me with bills, nearly every day! In MPQ the same is true. I don't know what I did wrong in this life, and why I deserve this, but MPQ is a great metaphor, and I'm grateful for that. Through this game we all grow at life together! But yes, would be nice if people stopped sniping me and singling me out in PVP. I am a friendly player and nice guy. Not sure why so many haters! If it wasn't for the shard #5 in PVP, I probably wouldn't even play MPQ anymore, because only there is it easy to get CP and like a serene, calm lagoon, I can relax away from all the malevolent snipers in this phone game. 
    Lol. I play shard 5. I think this should be kept a secret. We wouldn't want anybody else playing here. Let's keep sniping friendly. 
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Roland113 said:
    I've seen enough of these threads pop up that I rarely play PvP, too many unwritten rules.  I stick to PvE.  Ironically, one of the biggest complaints I've seen from the 'pro-sniping' camp is that there aren't enough targets.  

It's a catch 22 . . . 

Sniping is partially caused by a lack of targets.
    Some people don't play PvP because of sniping.
    The only people who are really "sniping" are people with developed 5* Rosters. When you have a lot of 5* you can't see 3* or 4* teams until you are over 900 points usually. The people quitting PVP are people with 3* or lower 4* teams because other 3* and 4* teams are hitting them like crazy. A 5* team will hit them but only for 10 pts maybe 15 which doesn't make a big difference. 

If you are in a 4* transition you should aim to hit 900 points and that is all. You can shield hop like crazy and join a line chat to do that and spend tons of HP to get to 1200 if you want though. There is no reason why anyone can't get to 900 points using 1 or 2 shields; get your 4* cover and call it a day.

Maybe i'm just in slice 5 so its more friendly and easier to get to 1200 points.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    grunth13 said:
    broll said:
    The issue here is not about getting hit.  It's about being systematically targeted by a 6player (or alliance or several alliances) that are bigger than you.  No one here is arguing that in PvP you shouldn't be hit.

Maybe there are not enough targets because of many alliances with a "peace treaty" view of the game.
    I don't know how you can call it a peace treaty when you can que literally 5-6 targets.  If I hit them over and over, then I am bullying...can't win with this crowd.
  • Chosen1
    Chosen1 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Agree with grunth. When queuing, most of the time u can only que certain people. All others are invisible. Just keep hitting til things open up. That's what I do. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    At the very least the SCL levels should mean something that would allow them to pit themselves against players on a similar level. Otherwise, it's pretty much meaningless.

I could not agree more, and I don't know why it isn't that way.  Of course younger/weaker rosters can't compete with more mature rosters.  The SCLs are there to allow you to compete at your relative strength.  Yet you're thrown into the same pool of sharks no matter which one you choose.  If the SCLs were their own competitive pool you'd mostly be competing with others who are at the same stage of the game as you are.  And since the prizes are scaled, it's not like the lower SCLs get an unfair advantage by being able to score higher on easier opponents - the high score just translates to more modest rewards.

There would be inherent unfairness in season rewards and alliance ranking, though. You don't want someone dropping down to SCL1 for an event or two to reap thousands of points and get all the season rewards for little to no effort.

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 said:
    tiomono said:
    grunth13 said:
    broll said:

I don't know how you can call it a peace treaty when you can que literally 5-6 targets.  If I hit them over and over, then I am bullying...can't win with this crowd.
    I don't know I'm not at that level. But I can look at my season leaderboard and the top 5 alliances have about 15 people without champed 5's. That seems like it would be odd to have 100 people and only 5 or 6 targets.

That's part of the reason I'm in no hurry to get to 5* land.
  • A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Yes ....I have been single out
    grunth13 said:
    tiomono said:
    grunth13 said:
    broll said:

This is just nonsense.  If you're using a shield check room with 300 people, most with 5* rosters, you're finding a good amount of targets.  You Just can't hit any of them because you're in an ungodly oversized truce.  I'm not in any truces and I see plenty of targets.  Some aren't as easy to hit, even with my champed 5 starlord and oml duo, but there's sure plenty of them.  

I think the real issue youre talking about is when you're at 12 trillion points and you're looking for other people with 12 trillion and 50 points.  Of COURSE there aren't any targets other than your friends because there's literally no reason to play that high.  What they really need to do is get rid of grills and make battles have a diminishing value that goes to 1 at, say, 1500 points.  People would probably still shield hop like crazy for one point, though.  Maybe make defensive losses count double?

Either way, every person in this thread and the other pvp thread going on right now that's going crazy defending this broken system are those that play to 4000 points an event.  You don't see s5 or s2 players panicking about a change.  
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I will now make it a point to look out for the OP in PVP and hit him every time. 
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    broll said:
    The issue here is not about getting hit.  It's about being systematically targeted by a player (or alliance or several alliances) that are bigger than you.  No one here is arguing that in PvP you shouldn't be hit.

Bowgentle is correct: if you play to 900 or 545, it is likely you are not being targeted but are just in the way as the bigger rosters climb to 1200. They don't know who you are. I mean, seriously. 
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Chosen1 said:
    I get hit all the time. Constantly. And I hit back. Just a game. Have fun everybody. 
    Hahahaha
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:
    tiomono said:
    grunth13 said:
    broll said:

This is just nonsense.  If you're using a shield check room with 300 people, most with 5* rosters, you're finding a good amount of targets.  You Just can't hit any of them because you're in an ungodly oversized truce.  I'm not in any truces and I see plenty of targets.  Some aren't as easy to hit, even with my champed 5 starlord and oml duo, but there's sure plenty of them.  

I think the real issue youre talking about is when you're at 12 trillion points and you're looking for other people with 12 trillion and 50 points.  Of COURSE there aren't any targets other than your friends because there's literally no reason to play that high.  What they really need to do is get rid of grills and make battles have a diminishing value that goes to 1 at, say, 1500 points.  People would probably still shield hop like crazy for one point, though.  Maybe make defensive losses count double?

Either way, every person in this thread and the other pvp thread going on right now that's going crazy defending this broken system are those that play to 4000 points an event.  You don't see s5 or s2 players panicking about a change.  
    By the way you formed your statement,  it seems to me that you and i don't play in the same league.   You can view my roster in my signature.   Only the top 1 percent or less are even in my mmr.  Now mmr in mpq is a special brand of interesting mind ****.   Mmr will only give you people that have similar rosters as yourself,  but also only if they are worth a decent amount points.   If there aren't enough people in your league,  the game then drops you to the mmr 1 step down,  but only if they are worth a decent amount of points.   Things continue to go like this until I break mmr and start seeing your roster which will be worth 1 to 15 points max.   Now during this time during 1st mmr and second mmr, if no one new enters or no one shields and everyone's points stay the same,  it doesn't matter if I spend all 2 million iso I've accumulated,  I WILL NOT and CANNOT que anyone but the same 6 to 7 people.   Therefore,  I have to hit 1 of those people.   Now,  I would love to trade my mmr for your mmr, would make my climb a lot easier (But i get to keep my roster). Lastly,  please talk about something you know because I would love to see your oml/so duo once during my climb because i don't see anything under 470 level characters teams. 
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    pvp kinda sucks, but the repeated hitting of people is due to the **** system. (the vendettas etc are childish though)

The hugest issue is how embarrassing it is to still have the same type of placement and reward structure when you literally can see at the top of every bracket high rostered people gaming the system for rewards that give them no progress what so ever. (like 3 venom from the blade even will do next to nothing for someone with 13 champed 5 stars.)

The event im in now ranges from 3500 to 900 in top 20.
    Top 10 is 2200 minimum.

That's ridiculous when those dude hold all the points constantly shield and hit each other,

but as long as they can spend currency on it, the developers are more than happy to keep it this way.

it sucks go to 575 and don't touch pvp is my advice.

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Its a pretty simple solution. Take out the players name when you are given each fight. You never know who you are fighting then.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    grunth13 said:
    grunth13 said:
    tiomono said:
    grunth13 said:
    broll said:

Now,  I would love to trade my mmr for your mmr, would make my climb a lot easier (But i get to keep my roster). Lastly,  please talk about something you know because I would love to see your oml/so duo once during my climb because i don't see anything under 470 level characters teams. 
    I'll trade rosters any day fella! Coming back to s3 soon? We miss you! 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all discussions civil and on-topic. Thank you*