Update to Heroes for Hire (6/23/17) *Updated (6/26/17)

Options

Comments

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    you could at least give us the choice of picking what color cover we're buying. like in all likelyhood going by the schedule I would definitely buy some of the scheduled deals if I had that option, otherwise you would just screw yourselves out of a buyer
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ADChaos said:
    Now there's an awful decision that benefits exactly no one. 

I know of at least one veteran who said they liked the change and it was exactly what they were asking for. And given the tiny number of players whose opinion on this change I know, it is extraordinarily unlikely he's the only one. So your "exactly no one" comment is clearly wrong (though it may be the case that most players dislike the change).

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

Has it even been mentioned that they've still got problems with the store, or is it just a running gag at this point? 

The preview of characters shown at the bottom of the screen announcing this change isn't showing up in the app...  just the hero expiring is shown.

• MissChinch
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    ADChaos said:

I know of at least one veteran who said they liked the change and it was exactly what they were asking for. And given the tiny number of players whose opinion on this change I know, it is extraordinarily unlikely he's the only one. So your "exactly no one" comment is clearly wrong (though it may be the case that most players dislike the change).

Well if you're going to mince words, he's saying it benefits no one, you're quoting your buddy as saying it was exactly what they were asking for.  That's not the same, its absolutely possible to ask for something that doesn't benefit yourself... 

I happen to know several people that do just that, and given that I know a relatively tiny amount of people, it would be extraordinarily unlikely they're the only ones. 

;)

• astrp3
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    ADChaos said:

Well if you're going to mince words, he's saying it benefits no one, you're quoting your buddy as saying it was exactly what they were asking for.  That's not the same, its absolutely possible to ask for something that doesn't benefit yourself... 

I happen to know several people that do just that, and given that I know a relatively tiny amount of people, it would be extraordinarily unlikely they're the only ones. 

;)

The reason this player (who isn't my "buddy"- I don't even know the guy) liked the change was because he thought it might allow him (or someone else) to complete the crash. For the most part, I don't agree with him, but that's his opinion.  And you may know several players who demand game features that they feel benefit no one, but I don't. And even if several such players exist, unlike the OP, I'm not universalizing their opinon

I suppose I was taking the OP too literally, but it galls me when people make arguments to the effect of "I don't like this/people who post about this on the forums don't like this, therefore no one likes it and the devs are morons/greedy scumbags for implementing it."

• MissChinch
    Options
    astrp3 said:

The reason this player (who isn't my "buddy"- I don't even know the guy) liked the change was because he thought it might allow him (or someone else) to complete the crash. For the most part, I don't agree with him, but that's his opinion.  And you may know several players who demand game features that they feel benefit no one, but I don't. And even if several such players exist, unlike the OP, I'm not universalizing their opinon

I suppose I was taking the OP too literally, but it galls me when people make arguments to the effect of "I don't like this/people who post about this on the forums don't like this, therefore no one likes it and the devs are morons/greedy scumbags for implementing it."

I agree with your sentiment entirely.

I was just poking at your post in a similar way I thought you were poking at his...  It wasn't necessary, but neither are most of the posts in this thread.  Not that it makes any difference, but I do actually know people that ask for things that don't benefit themselves...  I am generally more greedy ;)

• astrp3
    Options

I agree with your sentiment entirely.

I was just poking at your post in a similar way I thought you were poking at his...  It wasn't necessary, but neither are most of the posts in this thread.  Not that it makes any difference, but I do actually know people that ask for things that don't benefit themselves...  I am generally more greedy ;)

Sorry if I sounded testy there. I knew you were poking at me and that's cool. And I also know people who ask for things that don't benefit themselves, but usually because they benefit others, not because they benefit no one.

I, for instance, am very altruistic when it comes to MPQ. I want them to implement changes that other people like. That way I can keep playing the game and they can keep giving my the points I need to get the characters I want ;)

• ADChaos
    ADChaos Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    ADChaos said:

Excuse me for hyperbole. It benefits exactly those who need that specific cover to enable them to complete a crash. But not anyone who has that character at strength enough for the crash or doesn't have that character at strength enough for one more cover to make the difference or has five of that colour already.

In any case keeping h4h more or less the same except that one character would always be the crash character would make a lot more sense and still benefit your non-buddy and others like him. It would also shorten the length of time rotation takes and mean that on any given day the majority of players would find at least one cover available in h4h of use to them. If players would choose to use h4h then it had a much broader spectrum of players who would have reason to choose one of the covers available. As it is now, it benefits a very rigidly defined subset of players. For players who are new, it's not much use. For players with reasonably well established 4* rosters, it's not much use a lot of the time. If you have a full set of champs, 3600hp is steep for one level. So yes, 'exactly no one' was an overstatement. I should have said 'a restricted group which likely represents a slender minority of players and certainly far fewer than stood to benefit from the change not taking place'. Am I being reasonable enough for you now? 
  • astrp3
    Options
    ADChaos said:
    I should have said 'a restricted group which likely represents a slender minority of players and certainly far fewer than stood to benefit from the change not taking place'. Am I being reasonable enough for you now? 
    Ah. Thank you. The stickler in me is much happier now (though I would have been even happier had you changed that "certainly" to "likely" or even "very likely" but a stickler's gotta stickle, I suppose). Sorry for the rant, but sarcasm and hyperbole (both of which are rampant on here) are guaranteed to get a rise out of me. Especially because they are so often used on the internet as substitutes for actual arguments (too often by people who claim that they're the paragons of rationality and their opponents are the reverse).  I should probably just stop reading these thread, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,308 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Color me confused as I do not understand who this benefits.  Is anybody really ONE cover away from doing the Crash?  You are either close enough to finish it or too far away to bother.  I suppose if you had someone who was 5/5/0 then that one cover MIGHT help.  But you could probably do it anyways.  Covers aren't always the challenge with Crash, levels are.  I could be 5/5/3 but if I am level 70, so what?  I really do not understand who this change benefits including Demiurge as they are not going to increase sales based on this at all.
  • ADChaos
    ADChaos Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well, in this case I would say 'certainly' because I do mean it. A selection of a few 4* characters clearly has the potential to be useful to more players than just one specific cover.

I don't often use hyperbole on forums but I'm English - I was weaned on sarcasm.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby

Now with the store updated (more or less), I'd like to know how long the cycle with the third cover will last.

I can think of two way how this could be handled.
    1. Will the colour in the store rotate when the Crash rotation starts from the beginning again? (Example: "third cover cycle" ends with X-Force Wolverine, new Crash rotation with X23 starts a new "first cover cycle")

2. Will the third cover cycle last until we're back at Hulkbuster again? So next time IMHB shows up, the store offers the first cover now for every character coming after him?

Can you please find out which of the two it is?

• astrp3
    Options
    Color me confused as I do not understand who this benefits.  Is anybody really ONE cover away from doing the Crash?  You are either close enough to finish it or too far away to bother.  I suppose if you had someone who was 5/5/0 then that one cover MIGHT help.  But you could probably do it anyways.  Covers aren't always the challenge with Crash, levels are.  I could be 5/5/3 but if I am level 70, so what?  I really do not understand who this change benefits including Demiurge as they are not going to increase sales based on this at all.

For the most part, I totally agree with you, but there are a few cases where I think a single cover could make the difference. One is the crashes you can win with a single cover - though you have to be pretty in-the-know to know which ones they are.

The other is cases where a power's effects increase dramatically from four to five covers (which seems fairly common among 4*s). A few months back, they had a Peggy crash and I remember thinking that I would have been able to beat it if I had 5 covers instead of 4 in either red or blue. I don't remember which color it was but I think the issue was than an extra cover would have allowed me to down the opponent by firing it twice instead of three times and I was just unable to fire it three times. Actually, I might have eventually won that one, but if I did it took me multiple days and a lot of health packs and boosts, whereas with the extra cover, I would have done it within a few tries.

• Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just wanted to join in the slamming of this change. Terrible, terrible decision by the company: you are making your "game" less fun...and it's a match-3! 

Also PVE has lately been even more boring than it's ever been, soooo much repetition of the same events. This game is hot garbage.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    ADChaos said:
    I should have said 'a restricted group which likely represents a slender minority of players and certainly far fewer than stood to benefit from the change not taking place'. Am I being reasonable enough for you now? 
    Ah. Thank you. The stickler in me is much happier now (though I would have been even happier had you changed that "certainly" to "likely" or even "very likely" but a stickler's gotta stickle, I suppose). Sorry for the rant, but sarcasm and hyperbole (both of which are rampant on here) are guaranteed to get a rise out of me. Especially because they are so often used on the internet as substitutes for actual arguments (too often by people who claim that they're the paragons of rationality and their opponents are the reverse).  I should probably just stop reading these thread, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
    Come sit by me. I mean, as my husband is wont to say "This sarcasm is strong in this one" - but I'm a fierce opponent of absolutism. And fond of the saying "The limits of your experience are not the limits of reality".
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    ADChaos said:
    Come sit by me. I mean, as my husband is wont to say "This sarcasm is strong in this one" - but I'm a fierce opponent of absolutism. And fond of the saying "The limits of your experience are not the limits of reality".
    Now that's a great quote I'm going to steal!