Update to Heroes for Hire (6/23/17) *Updated (6/26/17)

Options

Comments

• Cranky
    Cranky Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm sure that when the secret masters at D3 Go! (or whichever insidious cabal actually controls this game) performed all their extensive research on price discrimination and customer satisfaction, they came to the conclusion that the more they irritate the more heavily discriminated portion of their customer base, the greater their company's profits would be. That's what happens when you smoke crack right before going to econ class, I imagine.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This just gets worse.  Now they have Sue Storm as the HFH.  I thought it was supposed to start with Iron man to link with the Clash?  So now they are going to have carnage tomorrow?  You said in the update that they were available today  (meaning yesterday if you bought them sequentially).

Can you PLEASE make this clear what you are doing?  And make up your mind.  You have no idea how irritating this is.  I have been planning this and you keep messing up everything.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No wonder all of us players are confused. It seems like the devs aren't really sure what they want to do with the store.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    This just gets worse.  Now they have Sue Storm as the HFH.  I thought it was supposed to start with Iron man to link with the Clash?  So now they are going to have carnage tomorrow?  You said in the update that they were available today  (meaning yesterday if you bought them sequentially).

Can you PLEASE make this clear what you are doing?  And make up your mind.  You have no idea how irritating this is.  I have been planning this and you keep messing up everything.
    Invisible Woman is essential for the Behemoth Burrito today. Either they made a mistake here or they has been confusing Crash of the Titans with the Burrito since this announcement went live. 
    If that were even close to being the case they simply could have saved themselves the headache and annoying players by saying that HfH will be a 4* bundle for those who use to have the 3* variant. 
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So far, nothing has changed except the ability to purchase characters further out; the Invisible Woman cover is available for 24 hours.

A data push in a few hours may change that, of course.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,371 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suspect what we are seeing now is yet another bug.  The first page graphic shows IMHB very specifically.  And both Brigby and Anthony have seen complaints about their plan without saying, "oops, we meant Behemoth Burrito".  It seems to me that the original, unpopular announcement  (tied to Crash) is the intended offer. So someone is showing up at the devs and spitting out coffee now-ish.  Anyone who really wants Invisble Woman blue better buy it quick before the fix.....

Further speculation:  as others have posted elsewhere, HfH is the best way to convert HP to iso. It also, I assume, cut into the 10 pack sales from event vaults.  Consider:  if you purchase a 10 pack, miss that 4* you wanted, you might buy another.  And another.  With HfH you could say, "Hmmm, I'll just buy a cover there instead."  It was simply too good of a daily deal for whales to maintain as was.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So FYI if you buy IW, imhb is up next...  So it's all hosed... So awesome.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Is it possible that the Hero for hire is the one essential for behemot burritos and not the one for the Clash of Titans?
    In fact IW is the one essential for today....It will have more sense in fact with only 1 cover you could try behemot with good chances  but you will have zero chances to win clash of titan with only 1 cover 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And I was thinking that for one times the Devs could possibly facilitate the players..... :):):)  what a fool I am  :s
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Terrible change.

HfH was not so bad solution for people missing one cover for particular hero not available in token packs. I have use it 2-3 times to fully cover my characters. Now, it's useless :/
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmm, price still remains mostly prohibitive except for big spenders, options for everyone drastically reduced.  Um, thanks?
  • MissChinch
    Options
    mexus said:
    smoq84 said:
    Terrible change.

HfH was not so bad solution for people missing one cover for particular hero not available in token packs. I have use it 2-3 times to fully cover my characters. Now, it's useless :/
    Not useless if the heroes available follow the Behemoth Burrito pattern; that way you'll have a new character everyday. And so far, the pattern does follow the Burrito.

It doesn't follow the burrito, try buying IW... you get a IMHB expiring in <5 days...

Just another screw up ;)

• MissChinch
    Options
    smoq84 said:
    Terrible change.

The only reason we were given came from a discord chat, not these forums...  according to Anthony, the change was said to have been driven by the financials... 

The very fact that you found it to be useful to cover those heroes and bought it multiple times carries an opportunity cost of you not gambling on worse options. 

Not fruitful to argue from a position of making it easier on the players, it wasn't about that, so theres no point in pointing out that a store that offers a single cover for a crash is useless to the players, this isn't meant to be useful to the players, no matter how they phrase it in the announcement (and hint: dressing an obvious turd up and trying to pawn it off as not a turd is bad for credibility).

• MissChinch
    Options
    Aweberman said:
    So far, nothing has changed except the ability to purchase characters further out; the Invisible Woman cover is available for 24 hours.

A data push in a few hours may change that, of course.

nope, try buying the IW, you get IMHB for 5 days, data was pushed sometime before now, just again, done poorly...
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guys! Programming is hard okay?! It's... it's just very hard!
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guys! Programming is hard okay?! It's... it's just very hard!
    I love you.

It's now been changed to Hulkbuster (if you reboot).
  • Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So the god awful changes were forced onto us (hardly a shock though) and don't even have the decency to make any sort of follow up comments!
  • MissChinch
    Options
    Platty616 said:
    So the god awful changes were forced onto us (hardly a shock though) and don't even have the decency to make any sort of follow up comments!

Well, if I was the designated mouthpiece for this goat rope, and the information I was told to pass along keeps being wrong, I'd probably be a little reticent to chime in further...   

I mean its a super unpopular decision made for money reasons...  they could say that, but it woudnt make em anymore friends. 

Then it was botched, multiple times... that's not a communication frequency problem, its a communication accuracy problem, but what can they do if they're told one thing and the devs do another... 

I'll be interested in seeing what happens with other HP purchasing options in the future...   IIRC its ~9000 HP to buy half a vault, in which 3 4*s appear along with one LT... so 18,000 HP for 3 guaranteed 4*s is the next best option now that HfH is going on the 2+ year rotation. 

Almost doubles the average price for buying a specific 4* cover and dramatically crushes the selection...  Only time will tell if that's bad enough to keep people spending money on the game...  I wouldn't be surprised if its re-visited in the next 6 months, or if we just see a stealth policy of not putting retired covers in those vaults...  like limiting it to one retired character and 2 available ones...