Update to Heroes for Hire (6/23/17) *Updated (6/26/17)

Options

Comments

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hmm, price still remains mostly prohibitive except for big spenders, options for everyone drastically reduced.  Um, thanks?

I bought a couple of HfH at 3600 and I didn't spend any money on the game (other than VIP) during that period so the cost wasn't prohibitive to me and I am hardly a big spender. And even though I spent money on VIP, the HP I got from it was negligible in my decision on whether or not to buy HfH.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    Hmm, price still remains mostly prohibitive except for big spenders, options for everyone drastically reduced.  Um, thanks?

I bought a couple of HfH at 3600 and I didn't spend any money on the game (other than VIP) during that period so the cost wasn't prohibitive to me and I am hardly a big spender. And even though I spent money on VIP, the HP I got from it was negligible in my decision on whether or not to buy HfH.

Yes, HfH store was accessible to free players once they've overcome the initial roster spot squeeze.  Once you have all the 2* and 3* heroes championed and don't cheat on your farms you pull down a substantial amount of HP...  that scenario happens to coincide closely with the time that you're caught up or ahead on roster spots...   result is an awful lot of disposable HP without paying a dime...  This store was quite nice, the alternatives to spend HP are awful. 
  • astrp3
    Options

Not fruitful to argue from a position of making it easier on the players, it wasn't about that, so theres point in pointing out that a store that offers a single cover for a crash is useless to the players, this isn't meant to be useful to the players, no matter how they phrase it in the announcement (and hint: dressing an obvious turd up and trying to pawn it off as not a turd is bad for credibility).

OK. Not to insult anyone or to derail this conversation into something completely unrelated to MPQ (OK, maybe it IS to derail the conversation) but has the period gone the way of the dodo and I just missed it? Every day on here, I read posts where people run all the sentences in a paragraph together with just commas in between - if, that is, they even bother with the commas or the paragraphs.

Is this a web thing? Is it part of the texting trend towards dropping all forms of punctuation? Have young people just stopped using periods? If so, why? I could maybe understand if they dropped the commas too, but typing a period takes no more time than typing a comma so is it just to save you the split-nanosecond it takes to hit the shift key?  I'm so confused

whatsnextarewejustgoingtoignorepunctuationentirelyandruneverythingtogetherinonehugeblock

OK, rant over. I'll take a deep breath and put up my soapbox.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:

Not fruitful to argue from a position of making it easier on the players, it wasn't about that, so theres point in pointing out that a store that offers a single cover for a crash is useless to the players, this isn't meant to be useful to the players, no matter how they phrase it in the announcement (and hint: dressing an obvious turd up and trying to pawn it off as not a turd is bad for credibility).

OK. Not to insult anyone or to derail this conversation into something completely unrelated to MPQ (OK, maybe it IS to derail the conversation) but has the period gone the way of the dodo and I just missed it? Every day on here, I read posts where people run all the sentences in a paragraph together with just commas in between - if, that is, they even bother with the commas or the paragraphs.

Is this a web thing? Is it part of the texting trend towards dropping all forms of punctuation? Have young people just stopped using periods? If so, why? I could maybe understand if they dropped the commas too, but typing a period takes no more time than typing a comma so is it just to save you the split-nanosecond it takes to hit the shift key?  I'm so confused

whatsnextarewejustgoingtoignorepunctuationentirelyandruneverythingtogetherinonehugeblock

It's the text message generation.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    astrp3 said:

I am guilty. Often it's a sign of lack of time on my part to do that much proofreading of what I've written. I do try not to let it get too out of hand.
  • astrp3
    Options
    zodiac339 said:

That's what I was thinking, but then why even bother with the commas? Dad blamed young people today. Think they're gonna get the world by the tail, and wrap it around and put it in their pocket!! Well, I'm here to tell them....oops, sorry. Different rant.

• MissChinch
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    zodiac339 said:

That's what I was thinking, but then why even bother with the commas? Dad blamed young people today. Think they're gonna get the world by the tail, and wrap it around and put it in their pocket!! Well, I'm here to tell them....oops, sorry. Different rant.

Justifiable complaint...  I'm guilty of horrendous punctuation with virtually all things non-professional.  I use the hell outta the ellipsis where it doesn't belong, and tend to have things devolve into stream of consciousness in forum posts. 

To make matters worse, the browser I've got at work doesn't display any of the formatting options...  theres a good 10 or so options that I can see the shadow of if I mouse over em, but don't know what they actually do...  So compound that over ellipsising in lieu periods and capitalization with not seeing any formatting options of previews, and I'm actually surprised half my **** on here is readable at all ;)  The points seem to be getting across though.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    zodiac339 said:

You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a van down by the river!!!
  • sisteray
    sisteray Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nice! They changed the colors. Now I can't get Medusa.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Medusa Purple will likely be there in 5 days.
  • astrp3
    Options
    astrp3 said:

Yes, HfH store was accessible to free players once they've overcome the initial roster spot squeeze.  Once you have all the 2* and 3* heroes championed and don't cheat on your farms you pull down a substantial amount of HP...  that scenario happens to coincide closely with the time that you're caught up or ahead on roster spots...   result is an awful lot of disposable HP without paying a dime...  This store was quite nice, the alternatives to spend HP are awful. 

Yep. I initially thought the 3600 was too much and that I would never spend it (I got the 2500 offer during the trial period) but it turns out that I bought more HfH than I thought I would. I already have all the 2s-4s rostered (save Devil Dino) and all but four 5*s. I earn about 440 HP per day and  I only need 150 per PvP for shielding plus enough to roster new characters so I actually accumulated enough HP to buy an HfH about every week and a half.

I had actually started to think, "Hey, this might not be as useless a method as I thought to get vaulted 4* covers" and was starting to chart out which ones to buy. Then they changed it.  Oh well, I'm still not as livid about it as some and see it as more of a minor inconvenience. Now I'll have to find another use for my HP (maybe I'll go back to buying a vintage 10-pack in the off-season or start shield hopping to try to get to 900+).

• astrp3
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    astrp3 said:
    zodiac339 said:

You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a van down by the river!!!
    Actually, I was going to tell them that they're probably gonna find out, as they go out there, that they're not gonna amount to JACK SQUAT!!! But what you said too.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    DarthDeVo said: 
    astrp3 said:
    zodiac339 said:

Actually, I was going to tell them that they're probably gonna find out, as they go out there, that they're not gonna amount to JACK SQUAT!!! But what you said too.
    Yeah, I skipped ahead a little. Thought I would get to the more recognizable part. :wink:
  • 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have all but one 4* but only four championed. I'll never champion the older 4*s now. I love the game but why am I playing? 
  • MissChinch
    Options
    1EvilMan said:
    I have all but one 4* but only four championed. I'll never champion the older 4*s now. I love the game but why am I playing? 

well, if you always ensure that the 4* about to leave the featured set of pullable 12 is fully covered, then you'll never get a larger backlog...  with the HfH store taking 2+ years to cycle through all the covers, you're probably looking at spending CP for covers for some of your old 4*s...
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As suspected, customer service will not do jack to fix THEIR mistake (they advised me to complain on the forum, hahahahahaha).

21 days of VIP left to go until I become an FTP player and could not be happier about my decision.
  • MissChinch
    Options
    As suspected, customer service will not do jack to fix THEIR mistake (they advised me to complain on the forum, hahahahahaha).

21 days of VIP left to go until I become an FTP player and could not be happier about my decision.
    I'm sorry, but that's so awesome that they told you to come complain here...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1EvilMan said:

well, if you always ensure that the 4* about to leave the featured set of pullable 12 is fully covered, then you'll never get a larger backlog...  with the HfH store taking 2+ years to cycle through all the covers, you're probably looking at spending CP for covers for some of your old 4*s...
    CP & H4H are hardly the only two options.
    1.  4* rewards from 3* champs (covers most but not all)
    2.  Bonus Heroes (slow going but a viable method, especially for ones without a 5 in any color).
    3.  When they are features as placement/progression rewards (way too spread out right now, but they are rewards that come round).
    4.  Event vaults/Taco vaults (you can increase your chance of getting the characters when they come through here without spending by hoarding until you have high numbers/only using when it has 4*s you want).

All that to say it becomes a patience game and is worse the less covered your 4*s were before it came out.  There should be a more consistent option then the 4 above, but until then use these to keep your roster going.
  • astrp3
    Options
    broll said:
    1EvilMan said:

2.  Bonus Heroes (slow going but a viable method, especially for ones without a 5 in any color).
    3.  When they are features as placement/progression rewards (way too spread out right now, but they are rewards that come round).
    4.  Event vaults/Taco vaults (you can increase your chance of getting the characters when they come through here without spending by hoarding until you have high numbers/only using when it has 4*s you want).

All that to say it becomes a patience game and is worse the less covered your 4*s were before it came out.  There should be a more consistent option then the 4 above, but until then use these to keep your roster going.
    Also SHIELD resupply (if you aren't there yet), which I think gives about 50 4* covers, all for vaulted characters. As for progression rewards, are the 900-point 4*s covers in PvP mostly for non-vaulted characters (like they have been in PvE)? If not, that could be a major source of 4* covers (3 per week if you can reach it consistently).
  • MissChinch
    Options
    broll said:
    1EvilMan said:

Well the 3*s are vaulted too, so only about 1/4th of those champ rewards are really relevant.  That and it takes quite a while to turn over a 3* and build them back up for the bonus covers (looks to be about a year for a specific cover for me, if the 3* isn't vaulted)

Rewards have been featuring an awful lot of the featured pull-able 12 4*s over the retired ones. 

Event vaults cost just over 9k HP to pull half, and have 3 4* covers in em.  So unless you get extremely lucky and have two retired characters in the vault whos covers you actually need its costing over 18k HP a pop... (averaging to just under 14k cause sometimes you'll hit the cover buying only half the vault) 

The Bonus Hero mechanic is easily my favorite option left for getting a cover of a 4* in a color you don't yet have.  (Right now I'm using my favorite option on all retired 4*s that have no single color greater than 4.)

So while CP isn't the only option left, its the only reliable one that will let you target a specific cover in a timeframe less than a year or so, depending on how much time/money you're spending.