Update to Heroes for Hire (6/23/17) *Updated (6/26/17)

Options

Comments

• tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As suspected, customer service will not do jack to fix THEIR mistake (they advised me to complain on the forum, hahahahahaha).

21 days of VIP left to go until I become an FTP player and could not be happier about my decision.
    I'm sorry, but that's so awesome that they told you to come complain here...
    They said that so it could go here and be swept under the rug or moved into oblivion and not have to deal with it......
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    Also SHIELD resupply (if you aren't there yet), which I think gives about 50 4* covers, all for vaulted characters. As for progression rewards, are the 900-point 4*s covers in PvP mostly for non-vaulted characters (like they have been in PvE)? If not, that could be a major source of 4* covers (3 per week if you can reach it consistently).

Yeah, I haven't looked to see whats coming up in resupply... IIRC I got a Thoress for my last 4* reward...

Rewards, progression and placement, would be good sources, but I'd be curious to go back 4 months or so to when vaulting was initiated and see what kinda percentage of vaulted covers we're actually seeing as rewards... 

Less than 1/4th of the 4* tier is available to be pulled by tokens, so unless they were purposely trying to skew it toward preventing us from getting the retired covers, we should see 3 out of every 4 4* cover rewarded be a retired character.  Without looking into it, I'd bet on it being the other way around.

• MissChinch
    Options
    As suspected, customer service will not do jack to fix THEIR mistake (they advised me to complain on the forum, hahahahahaha).

21 days of VIP left to go until I become an FTP player and could not be happier about my decision.
    I'm sorry, but that's so awesome that they told you to come complain here...
    They said that so it could go here and be swept under the rug or moved into oblivion and not have to deal with it......

In the mean time its funny, which is actually the best contribution they've had in a few days...
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Well the 3*s are vaulted too, so only about 1/4th of those champ rewards are really relevant.  That and it takes quite a while to turn over a 3* and build them back up for the bonus covers (looks to be about a year for a specific cover for me, if the 3* isn't vaulted)

Since most of my vaulted 3*s are not at level 183 yet, this has been a decent source of 4* covers for me. I favorite whichever one is closest to 183 (or whichever gives the 4* cover I want most) and no one else (I don't know if I'll bother with the ones that give covers for non-vaulted 4s). 3* bonus heroes drop frequently enough that it only takes me two or three weeks to get one up to 183, then I switch to the next.

Once I get them all to 183, I will repeat the process to get them to 223, but that's going to take MUCH longer.

So yes, it's a very slow source, but actually a more productive one that I thought it would be.

• MissChinch
    Options
    astrp3 said:

Well the 3*s are vaulted too, so only about 1/4th of those champ rewards are really relevant.  That and it takes quite a while to turn over a 3* and build them back up for the bonus covers (looks to be about a year for a specific cover for me, if the 3* isn't vaulted)

Since most of my vaulted 3*s are not at level 183 yet, this has been a decent source of 4* covers for me. I favorite whichever one is closest to 183 (or whichever gives the 4* cover I want most) and no one else (I don't know if I'll bother with the ones that give covers for non-vaulted 4s). 3* bonus heroes drop frequently enough that it only takes me two or three weeks to get one up to 183, then I switch to the next.

Once I get them all to 183, I will repeat the process to get them to 223, but that's going to take MUCH longer.

So yes, it's a very slow source, but actually a more productive one that I thought it would be.

For sure, but if you need that cover you get at 183 and your 3* is at 190...  you're looking at a long long time.  If you're favoriting a specific 3* for a 4* cover, unless its the next bonus cover to come around, you're way better off just favoriting the 4*.

I do agree though when all your 3*s are hitting around that 183 level it gives you a nice infusion of 4* covers, its just a spike and then a lull, and pretty unfortunate if you have a 4* at something like 5/3/2 or worse, cause you're taking a cycle and burning a cover.

When I went through my remaining retired 4*s that aren't covered, I considered the champ reward cover only if my 3* hadn't past the cover yet...  and even so, having to mark down over 70 champ levels required to get the color I needed for a particular character seemed like a useless exercise.

• DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used heroes for hire to get my 13th cover for Peggy Carter. I planned to only use it in cases like this, to get a 13th cover for a 4* that was vaulted. I used earned HP. I guess I won't use this even as an option anymore.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I personally think 3 roster slots is more important than (1) 4 star cover......
  • MissChinch
    Options
    DCUDCU said:
    I used heroes for hire to get my 13th cover for Peggy Carter. I planned to only use it in cases like this, to get a 13th cover for a 4* that was vaulted. I used earned HP. I guess I won't use this even as an option anymore.

Yep, bonus heroes are a good way of covering retired 4*s that have 4 covers or less in any given character. 

I was using the HfH store to complement that buying for retired 4*s that had 5 covers in a color, with priority given to those that had 5 in two colors (while skipping the ones that had the proper color cover pending in the near future, champ reward or progression reward)

The two methods were working in concert to make progress covering retired 4*s that I was pleased with... 

No good option remains, in the next day or two I'm going to come up with a good rule I can stick to regarding when to spend 120 CP  on a cover.

• MissChinch
    Options
    I personally think 3 roster slots is more important than (1) 4 star cover......

Totally depends on where your roster is...  I've got over 10 roster spots free (155/165) between 2-3 copies of every 2*, 4 dupes of 3pool for guaranteed whales, 5 copies of 1*BW for stun team ups...  

I used to not even consider spending HP on shields let alone tokens of any kind, but once I got above 120 I started buying the daily deal 100HP pull... now I'm just amassing HP way faster than I need it for roster spots...  I'll probably save enough to buy out a vault, then push my roster spots up to 200...   Then I guess I'll save enough to buy two vaults and lower the bar on what I think is worthwhile to purchase...

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Couldn't they have at least waited until we hit Peggy's blue? I'm so tired of having her stuck at 5/4/0.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Couldn't they have at least waited until we hit Peggy's blue? I'm so tired of having her stuck at 5/4/0.
    150 days until Peggy Blue (and counting).

:D
    :disappointed:
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    150 days until Peggy Blue (and counting).

:D
    :disappointed:
    Yeah... I was waiting for Spider-Gwen's red cover, because I don't have any of those yet. That was another nice feature of the HfH store, getting at least one cover where none existed before. No fuss, no muss, no relying on the kindness of RNG.

She was only one or two days away from coming up. Now? If I'm not mistaken,  at least two years and counting until her red cover comes back again.

Can't get her from champ rewards. Looks like I'll have to rely on Bonus Heroes. Awesome. /sarcasm
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    At least we got a dev to comment on it. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Did we?
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Not that it makes it any better but there should be a Peggy blue rewarded at day 1360...
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options

astrp3 said:
    broll said:
    1EvilMan said:
    I have all but one 4* but only four championed. I'll never champion the older 4*s now. I love the game but why am I playing? 

well, if you always ensure that the 4* about to leave the featured set of pullable 12 is fully covered, then you'll never get a larger backlog...  with the HfH store taking 2+ years to cycle through all the covers, you're probably looking at spending CP for covers for some of your old 4*s...
    CP & H4H are hardly the only two options.
    1.  4* rewards from 3* champs (covers most but not all)
    2.  Bonus Heroes (slow going but a viable method, especially for ones without a 5 in any color).
    3.  When they are features as placement/progression rewards (way too spread out right now, but they are rewards that come round).
    4.  Event vaults/Taco vaults (you can increase your chance of getting the characters when they come through here without spending by hoarding until you have high numbers/only using when it has 4*s you want).

All that to say it becomes a patience game and is worse the less covered your 4*s were before it came out.  There should be a more consistent option then the 4 above, but until then use these to keep your roster going.
    Also SHIELD resupply (if you aren't there yet), which I think gives about 50 4* covers, all for vaulted characters. As for progression rewards, are the 900-point 4*s covers in PvP mostly for non-vaulted characters (like they have been in PvE)? If not, that could be a major source of 4* covers (3 per week if you can reach it consistently).
    By the time I'll get 4* at SHIELD resupply, everyone else will be playing in the 7* league.

Offtopic: I'm happy to see veteran players have so much extra HP. I thought everyone buying H4H was spending money and I was feeling really poor.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    By the time I'll get 4* at SHIELD resupply, everyone else will be playing in the 7* league.

Offtopic: I'm happy to see veteran players have so much extra HP. I thought everyone buying H4H was spending money and I was feeling really poor.

I've  only gotten three 4*s from SHIELD myself. The first one comes on day 149, followed by two more and then a long drought until the next one at day 310 (I think). I'm on day 224, so it's going to be about three months until I get another one, but then I'll get a flood of them.

As for the HP, I don't think you need to be a veteran to earn 400+ a day. You just have to play a lot. I was earning that much back when I started tracking in March, at which point I'd been playing about four months. Whether you want (or have the time) to play that much is another question, but it's certainly doable.

• Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Did we?
    Of course. What kind of company would do something like this and NOT comment on it?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    There's one every 30 days starting on day 310, plus 3 Devil Dino covers at the one-year mark. Then there's a Silver Surfer Black at day 710, and then a 4* cover every 15 days after that.
  • ADChaos
    ADChaos Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Now there's an awful decision that benefits exactly no one.