If you could force through one change....

Options

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New McG said:
    New McG said:
    New McG said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    With your signature quote, I'm a little surprised that's where you went with your comment fightmaster. He fully admits to softcapping..... Stop softcapping and end your cover waste!! Or hoard your CP and LT until you are ready to champ your 4s
    I dont class what I'm doing as soft capping. If I was soft capping my 4*s would be set at a much lower level than the current 240 I have them at. Soft cappers are people who deliberately leave their rosters at low levels so they can get lower scaling. What I'm doing has nothing to do with my scaling, I just want my 3*s to remain relevant rather than having my 4*s up at 270 while my 3*s are from 230 down to 195 making them useless in a fight.
    I have a bit of bad news for you: Those 3*s? They max at 266. Your 4*s START gaining champ levels at 4 levels above where those STOP gaining them. One group was specifically designed to have more raw power behind it. Stifling your roster to keep the third most powerful tier of characters "relevant" is an exercise in futility.
    I am aware of that, but it will still be some time yet before my 3*s get to 266 so I will enjoy it until then. 
    And I assume that during the same time you will also cease the complaints about useless cover pulls, since you've now shown you are actively going out of your way to ensure they remain useless?
    No, because even if I champed everyone I'd still end up with useless covers since you cant champ everyone at the same time. With a larger pool of characters useless covers would still be far less. 
    Just because you want to stifle your 4* at the expense of keeping 3* "relevant", doesn't mean anyone else does. Sadly, just like 2* characters eventually get passed by, the same happens to 3*. They're middle of the road characters, and meant to be such. You're just insistent on delaying the inevitable.
    Well I'd say theres very few 4*s that will clear goon nodes quicker than 3* Fist and 3* Strange with a nice dose of 4* Blade to complement. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:

Maybe he's just playing to have fun.  Ever thought of that?

Let's also take away the negative connotation of soft-capping.  It doesn't hurt you if he soft caps.  If he wants to sell covers, that's his choice.  Not everyone plays for blood.
    Haha!! OK, whatever, play how you like. Just don't come on the forums complaining about vaulting/ cover waste when you're doing it to yourself by softcapping!!!! 
    You're mistaken.  Just because I respect his decisions, does not mean that I do those things myself.  Unlike many people on this forum, I can respect personal preferences that are different from my own. 
    You're mistaken. He came out here complaining about vaulting/ cover waste, then admitted he is softcapping his 4*. I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about him (nick_chicane). Don't complain about cover waste if you're actively doing something with your roster to promote waste.

Make sure you read the WHOLE conversation before you start commenting on it.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd put all the currently vaulted 4*s in the Classic Legends store as a trial solution to vaulting.
    Why not just make a Vintage Legends token alongside the Classic one that does the same thing?  I'd rather not have my progress in the 5* tier be subject to dilution in the 4* tier.
    This is definitely where I'm at for a minimum vaulting fix. The latest 12 fixed one problem but created another. A third token option for vintage fixes the new problem.

Even better would be splitting up the classic 5*s and 4*s into a few older token options to reduce the dilution of 5*s in classics currently.  You might still have an issue with "I like the 5*s in token A but prefer the 4*s in token B" situations, but it's an improvement.

I suspect the reason we haven't seen either of these changes is having a way to avoid new releases in tokens somewhat  reduces the pressure to quickly buy roster slots.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Make the game purchasable in its entirety at a sane price, remove almost all F2P elements, drastically lower grinding requirements. Basically model the game after Hearthstone. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:

Let's also take away the negative connotation of soft-capping.  It doesn't hurt you if he soft caps.  If he wants to sell covers, that's his choice.  Not everyone plays for blood.
    Haha!! OK, whatever, play how you like. Just don't come on the forums complaining about vaulting/ cover waste when you're doing it to yourself by softcapping!!!! 
    You're mistaken.  Just because I respect his decisions, does not mean that I do those things myself.  Unlike many people on this forum, I can respect personal preferences that are different from my own. 
    You're mistaken. He came out here complaining about vaulting/ cover waste, then admitted he is softcapping his 4*. I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about him (nick_chicane). Don't complain about cover waste if you're actively doing something with your roster to promote waste.

Make sure not to quote my post if you're not talking to me.  Quote his post instead. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:

Make sure not to quote my post if you're not talking to me.  Quote his post instead. 
    I was talking to you, about him. You came at me about something I said to him, so I responded to you, about him. Again read everything in the conversation before you put your two cents in and then we wouldn't be doing this. 
  • Alphateam
    Alphateam Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hard to pick.

• Get rid of PVE placement and spread the rewards in to progression. 
    • The ability to "bench" characters. At the start of a node you could choose to have a character not counted in your lineup for scaling, but then you can't use them for that either. If someone has a few undercovered 5*'s you can keep them, but not have the effect your scaling. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bbigler said:
    bbigler said:

He hurts me if were in the same bracket and he does his 4x clear in 45 min vs lvl 200 opponents bc he found the softcapper sweet spot in scaling while I'm taking an hour and 15 min to beat the same nodes bc I'm fighting lvl 320-400 opponents and I'm not lucky enough to have champed 5* Thanos on my side. Regardless, I personally have no problems with how you level your roster but I can't accept that it doesn't hurt PVE competition. Oh, and let's take away the negative connotation of those who are dedicated/committed enough and choose to play optimally. One should be able to do that without being labeled a cutthroat. Thanks. 
    There's a fine line between dedicated and addicted.  So, it sounds like you're angry that he was smarter than you by soft-capping because of the PVE scaling problems.  If you want to blame someone, look at D3, not this guy. 
    And I haven't crossed that line but still can do without the false assumptions that advocating strategies for optimal play = addicted/cutthroat (or "playing for blood"). Also, don't assume I'm angry. I even stated that I have no problems with how he softcaps or levels his roster. I was "smart" enough to play at his level when I got to that point; however, I chose to level my roster and progress as the game intends, by taking on tougher challenges. Staying in the kiddie pool by handicapping your roster to take advantage of game scaling is an exploit that affects PVE competition. Period. I hope even you are "smart enough" to see that is the main point I'm making here.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Make the game purchasable in its entirety at a sane price, remove almost all F2P elements, drastically lower grinding requirements. Basically model the game after Hearthstone. 
    They have a console version that is purchased with no F2P elements but it's drastically limited on game play.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:

I was talking to you, about him. You came at me about something I said to him, so I responded to you, about him. Again read everything in the conversation before you put your two cents in and then we wouldn't be doing this. 
    Your response did not indicate that you were talking about him: "play how you like" and "you're doing it yourself" clearly indicates that you're talking to me.  So, your mistake. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:

Your response did not indicate that you were talking about him: "play how you like" and "you're doing it yourself" clearly indicates that you're talking to me.  So, your mistake. 
    Haha!!! Ok, whatever, twist it how you like if it makes you feel better to be right.........
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    bbigler said:

No, that would be the generic "you", to indicate people in general or the person under discussion, not you personally. I had no issue distinguishing this given the context, and this seems very like you're nitpicking an argument over... I'm not sure what.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    bbigler said:
    bbigler said:

He hurts me if were in the same bracket and he does his 4x clear in 45 min vs lvl 200 opponents bc he found the softcapper sweet spot in scaling while I'm taking an hour and 15 min to beat the same nodes bc I'm fighting lvl 320-400 opponents and I'm not lucky enough to have champed 5* Thanos on my side. Regardless, I personally have no problems with how you level your roster but I can't accept that it doesn't hurt PVE competition. Oh, and let's take away the negative connotation of those who are dedicated/committed enough and choose to play optimally. One should be able to do that without being labeled a cutthroat. Thanks. 
    There's a fine line between dedicated and addicted.  So, it sounds like you're angry that he was smarter than you by soft-capping because of the PVE scaling problems.  If you want to blame someone, look at D3, not this guy. 
    And I haven't crossed that line but still can do without the false assumptions that advocating strategies for optimal play = addicted/cutthroat (or "playing for blood"). Also, don't assume I'm angry. I even stated that I have no problems with how he softcaps or levels his roster. I was "smart" enough to play at his level when I got to that point; however, I chose to level my roster and progress as the game intends, by taking on tougher challenges. Staying in the kiddie pool by handicapping your roster to take advantage of game scaling is an exploit that affects PVE competition. Period. I hope even you are "smart enough" to see that is the main point I'm making here.
    If the kiddies pool is level 308 opponents, god help the folk in the adult pool cause those guys must be fighting level 800 enemies! If I was playing to softcap, I'd have left my 4*s at around 120. Why on earth would I have 20 of them at 240 and gradually moving them up as my 3*s progress. That is not softcapping, that is progressing. 
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    New McG said:
    New McG said:
    New McG said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    With your signature quote, I'm a little surprised that's where you went with your comment fightmaster. He fully admits to softcapping..... Stop softcapping and end your cover waste!! Or hoard your CP and LT until you are ready to champ your 4s
    I dont class what I'm doing as soft capping. If I was soft capping my 4*s would be set at a much lower level than the current 240 I have them at. Soft cappers are people who deliberately leave their rosters at low levels so they can get lower scaling. What I'm doing has nothing to do with my scaling, I just want my 3*s to remain relevant rather than having my 4*s up at 270 while my 3*s are from 230 down to 195 making them useless in a fight.
    I have a bit of bad news for you: Those 3*s? They max at 266. Your 4*s START gaining champ levels at 4 levels above where those STOP gaining them. One group was specifically designed to have more raw power behind it. Stifling your roster to keep the third most powerful tier of characters "relevant" is an exercise in futility.
    I am aware of that, but it will still be some time yet before my 3*s get to 266 so I will enjoy it until then. 
    And I assume that during the same time you will also cease the complaints about useless cover pulls, since you've now shown you are actively going out of your way to ensure they remain useless?
    No, because even if I champed everyone I'd still end up with useless covers since you cant champ everyone at the same time. With a larger pool of characters useless covers would still be far less. 
    Just because you want to stifle your 4* at the expense of keeping 3* "relevant", doesn't mean anyone else does. Sadly, just like 2* characters eventually get passed by, the same happens to 3*. They're middle of the road characters, and meant to be such. You're just insistent on delaying the inevitable.
    Well I'd say theres very few 4*s that will clear goon nodes quicker than 3* Fist and 3* Strange with a nice dose of 4* Blade to complement. 
    Goon nodes aren't typically where anyone is spending the bulk of their time when clearing in PVE. And when your enemies ramp up from the low 300s to even the mid 300s, 3* Strange's damage output will certainly be way slower than almost any boosted 4*s attacks. Once the enemy levels jump beyond that, you may as well be match damaging them down.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If the kiddies pool is level 308 opponents, god help the folk in the adult pool cause those guys must be fighting level 800 enemies! If I was playing to softcap, I'd have left my 4*s at around 120. Why on earth would I have 20 of them at 240 and gradually moving them up as my 3*s progress. That is not softcapping, that is progressing. 
    You do you, nick.   

Back on topic: I'd like to see achievement awards, in-game medals for mini-accomplishments.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    *Get the thread back on topic and keep it civil or I'm going to lock it*
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd like there to be some sort of challenge-mode for hard gameplay that isn't a grindfest.  The problem with making pve more challenging is that it just makes it take longer. You need 5 clears for progression, 7 for good placement.  What if there was some weekly mini-event like the ones we've had for some character releases, where you only need one clear of each node, but those nodes are actually challenging?

Hard Boss battles had a similar problem in that you had to beat the boss multiple times to get rewards, so making one boss fight really hard made the overall event near impossible.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'd like to introduce Lore Mode, a new Non-Competitive PvE (NCPvE) feature:
    • Existing Story tab would remain Competitive PvE (CPvE) as it is now, where the latest story-related events would appear, Boss Events, etc.
    • Rename the Prologue tab to "Lore".
    • Once the existing Prologue chapters are completed, another chapter appears and it's the main page of the next MPQ Story event (I don't know what it is, but whatever happened after the Dark Avengers storyline).
    • Then proceed through each main/sub-page of every existing Story Event that has ever been, with new ones being added after their initial run in CPvE. 
    • Each node is available to play only a limited number of times (2-4?) before it is red-checked on through until the whole MPQ canon is played through. 
    • Rewards are on nodes and via Progression (with bonus for each chapter/sub and full-event completed).
    • Rewards and enemy scaling are based on SHIELD Clearance Level (SCL).
    • One thought I had for rewards besides the usual ISO, HP, and CP, is that at any point that a player would get a token (even standard) or a cover, they instead get a Lore Token which could be a new type that contains all the vaulted 3 and 4* characters (no 2*) with a 75/25% draw rate (I'd be ok with 65/25/10% to get 5* in there).  And these Lore tokens should rain down on a player at the higher SCL.
    • Lore Tokens should be made available in an HP store at all times and with daily discounts like Heroics, but at Event Tokens rates.
    • Players can play at their leisure, there's no placement/competitive nature here.
    • The whole MPQ Storyline can be played through from Prologue to the latest GotG content, and once all nodes are red-checked, it's locked down to prevent over-grind.  But again, as new events are born, they'll eventually show up here.
    • NCPvE is unlocked and reopened periodically for replay from the very beginning with refreshed rewards.  This can be so many times per year, maybe every 10-20 SCL completed, possibly before or after each new NCPvE event, or my preferred vote would be to tie it in to every 30-90 days in SHIELD Resupply Days.

Lore Mode would allow players to enjoy the MPQ Storyline, get some true non-competitive play into the game, adds another revenue for rewards of all flavors, and if Lore Tokens are added, offers an additional vaulting solution.

Final note that just because events are added to NCPvE, it doesn't mean they can't be re-run ad infinitum as they are now in CPvE.  Nothing has to change in existing CPvE.

• Ducky
      Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
      Options
      Make it possible to link mobile and Steam accounts.

/endthread