If you could force through one change....

Options

Comments

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Colorless, non-expiring covers. (Technically two changes, but to one thing. Whittle it to one, and colorless covers, for sure.)
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Revamp PVP to eliminate point loss. I can think of no gaming experience that is as un-fun as winning the fight that should get me to 900 points only to find that I've lost 160 points during that fight and now have a total of 742 points. I just cannot understand why anyone thinks that is fun (enlighten me if you think it is fun).
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What's the size of "one" change? Because I've got something I've been tossing around, meant as one collective change, but could easily be broken down into multiple changes (like, even though they're intended to go together, you could implement some parts of it without implementing all of it, or roll it out across several months, or whatever).

Anyways, the idea. Just for the sake of brainstorming, I've batted around the idea of doubling the game. Ideally the roster size, but some other things (like event number, event type, and token types, for example) meant to utilize and roll these changes into the game.

Basic idea is x2 the roster, of all star levels. Beyond just "what character would you add to the game?", it includes the idea that you'd need eight 1*s, fourteen 2*s, forty-four 3*s, fifty-two+ 4*s, and fifteen 5*s. And trying the current game in mind, including variants and story-related characters (like the Dark Avengers).

I've tinkered with it as a thought experiment, because it's a fun thing to do when I get bored, and if I could just snap my fingers and make it happen (assuming no restraints, like a wish from a genie's lamp more than a reasonable proposal), I'd implement the "doubled" roster idea. It would hit new characters at all levels of gameplay (and skip past hurdles like "adding a half-dozen new X-Men means 3 months of releases, which is bad for people who aren't X-Men fans").

That would be my "one" change, but I've brainstormed ideas for new events and tokens and such both to make use of these characters, as well as to facilitate the transition to allow people who play today to adjust.

I could go so far as to suggest specific characters, but I never finished out a full roster (1*s/2*s are pretty easy, getting a bulk of 3*s/4*s/5*s are easy, because some characters are "obviously missing", but I've never hardened out into a "final" list, which even then would need some work, as it is only MY opinions/observations considered, you know?)

tl;dr Snap my fingers and make it happen, like a wish, and I'd double the roster size across all star levels. (in the hopes that future updates beyond my control would focus on helping us transition, and would utilize the boat loads of new characters)
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    What's the size of "one" change? Because I've got something I've been tossing around, meant as one collective change, but could easily be broken down into multiple changes (like, even though they're intended to go together, you could implement some parts of it without implementing all of it, or roll it out across several months, or whatever).

Anyways, the idea. Just for the sake of brainstorming, I've batted around the idea of doubling the game. Ideally the roster size, but some other things (like event number, event type, and token types, for example) meant to utilize and roll these changes into the game.

Basic idea is x2 the roster, of all star levels. Beyond just "what character would you add to the game?", it includes the idea that you'd need eight 1*s, fourteen 2*s, forty-four 3*s, fifty-two+ 4*s, and fifteen 5*s. And trying the current game in mind, including variants and story-related characters (like the Dark Avengers).

I've tinkered with it as a thought experiment, because it's a fun thing to do when I get bored, and if I could just snap my fingers and make it happen (assuming no restraints, like a wish from a genie's lamp more than a reasonable proposal), I'd implement the "doubled" roster idea. It would hit new characters at all levels of gameplay (and skip past hurdles like "adding a half-dozen new X-Men means 3 months of releases, which is bad for people who aren't X-Men fans").

That would be my "one" change, but I've brainstormed ideas for new events and tokens and such both to make use of these characters, as well as to facilitate the transition to allow people who play today to adjust.

I could go so far as to suggest specific characters, but I never finished out a full roster (1*s/2*s are pretty easy, getting a bulk of 3*s/4*s/5*s are easy, because some characters are "obviously missing", but I've never hardened out into a "final" list, which even then would need some work, as it is only MY opinions/observations considered, you know?)

tl;dr Snap my fingers and make it happen, like a wish, and I'd double the roster size across all star levels. (in the hopes that future updates beyond my control would focus on helping us transition, and would utilize the boat loads of new characters)
    So you want twice as many characters, and then cross your fingers that somehow the transition gets easier, despite an even more giant roster? I don't get it.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Two requests:

* more 5* token styles - each with the same odds as the LLT one (1:7 of only three different 5* characters).
    * colorless tokens (or at least the ability to apply them) - so that a 0/5/0 doesn't become a tale of RNG() greif and frustration- or hopes that the CSR team actually swaps it... on their whim and mood that day..
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would change scaling so that it is based on the level of the characters you bring into the battle instead of the ones you have on your roster. That way, I wouldn't have to soft cap all of my 5* characters. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New McG said:
    So you want twice as many characters, and then cross your fingers that somehow the transition gets easier, despite an even more giant roster? I don't get it.
    Well, I said I'd include things to manage it, but that might count as more than one change for the sake of discussion. And the transition can't get "easier" because it doesn't exist yet. The transition I'm referring to is "suddenly even the most experienced players have half of the available characters", not a transition from tier to tier. But if I'm only allowed "one" change and "double the roster" is my one change, I'd add the caveat that normal releases be paused momentarily for the devs to work on rolling out the new characters. I presume even the most veteran hoarding players would be gaining new characters faster than they can roster them for a time, but tweaks to roster slot cost and ISO gains and new token distributions to account for the number of characters could smooth that out a lot.

If we only get one change, I want something monumental. If I have the chance to add in most every major character people want added, I'm not going to waste it on a tiny change that amounts to something simple like "fewer 4* covers wasted." Go big or go home.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    colourless covers. 
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Make PvE progression only - distribute placement awards through progression.

Make PvP placement only - distribute progression awards through placement.

Also, bring back downvotes.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The one change I'd make is to allow the player to choose two of the latest 12 4*'s and replace them in the tokens with two vaulted characters.  I do actually like how much better I've been able to cover characters since vaulting began, but there's always a dud in the 12 (either through gameplay or personal preference) that it would be nice to replace with a more desirable, vaulted character.

One other change no one else seems to have mentioned is that I'd like to see the cost for vaulted characters lowered in the Heroes For Hire store.  Every viable avenue to get targeted covers for vaulted characters should be made easier...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Fix vaulting - definetly!!!
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since all the good ones are already taken, my change would be:
    allow swapping of 5*s in classic tokens just like for legendary tokens.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PvE rewards being primarily progression based, with placement just giving tokens and various currencies
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Also, bring back downvotes.
    You only registered half a year ago, downvotes have been gone for yeaaaaars
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Remove vaulting, fire the guy responsible for it.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    The one change I'd make is to allow the player to choose two of the latest 12 4*'s and replace them in the tokens with two vaulted characters.  I do actually like how much better I've been able to cover characters since vaulting began, but there's always a dud in the 12 (either through gameplay or personal preference) that it would be nice to replace with a more desirable, vaulted character.
    Why not go all the way, and mix it with the existing ability to heart characters?

What if after hearting at least three 5* characters and twelve 4* characters, another legendary token store opened costing 30 CP per token, picking from your hearted characters?  The premium is there due to the fact that you're choosing which characters are in the pool.

This would obviously cause problems with the way the game currently handles device swapping though: the deterministic random pulls prevent the user from gaining an advantage from opening a token a second time, but if they can control what's in the pool they might be able to determine what a particular random pull will map to.  They'd need to start saving the game state to the servers after every token is opened.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1. reduce the amount of ISO needed to level up 4/5* characters and to champion them

2. create levels 9 and 10, with rewards that include 5* and tones of ISO

3. if you fight on the lower levels of PVP or PVE though, you're are banned from using characters above a certain level

4. create an expensive token where you can purchase 5* only (60 cp maybe)

5. make ISO cheaper to buy- 4$=10 000 ISO maybe

6. for every "store", including Legendary, have the option to buy either from the latest heroes or from all the heroes- thus those who like vaulting can keep it and those who prefer dilution can have that as well

7. power-up older 3* characters such as Captain America, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Spider-Man

8. change Agent Venom's military might to not reduce AP in other colors!

9. create new characters such as Hela, Thor 5*, Nebula, Fitz-Simmons, Loki 5* (with Tom Hiddleston looks!)

10. make Winter Soldier, Quake, Captain America and Black Widow the strongest characters in the game simply because I love them!