If you could force through one change....

Options

Comments

• ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. Colourless covers.......
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Some feature that would use some of covers we have but barely use.
    We have 100+ heroes so why cant we send some of them on 8hrs mission to get loot? Almost every roster-based game have this (f.e. Injustice 2 for mobiles has very interesting system of upgradeable operations).
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Some reasonable but not ridiculous method to consistently (BH are NOT consistent) get covers for older 4*. I understand the game needs to make money to survive, but there's no way I'm dropping 3600 HP on almost anything.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Create an event to send your characters to in order to battle for you (in the digital background) and get some rewards.  The sent characters would be unavailable to you while away (3-4 days).  To start, you simply see the enemies and levels involved and pick the characters to send and let the AI do the fighting for you.  Since the AI is super dumb, you would probably send characters with strong passives, nevertheless, they'll probably still lose some battles, but this basically turns into free rewards for having a diverse roster. 

Perhaps this event should have required characters, so you can't always send the same ones over and over.  You would feel like you're getting some use out the ones you've champed but never use.  It would feel like they're finally paying you back for all that ISO you dumped into them.  Plus, if one of the required characters is really good, like Peggy, then you would have to decide weather to send them and get better rewards in the event or keep them for your own battles. 

Needless to say, this event would not have placement rewards, just progression rewards I suppose.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vaulting by a million miles.  Would love for the game to actually be worth playing again
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Fix vaulting.  Give the players a choice, just like you do with legendary/classic 5* tokens but to an even greater degree.  When we pull a legendary or heroic or elite token, give us a choice.  If there are 40 4* (or 3*) characters for example (not sure how many there are atm), keep the current 12 as a token option, and then split the remaining 28 into two separate 14 possible character tokens.  Call them tokens A, B and C.  This helps reduce the vaulting problem of people not being able to get access to older character (in both 3* and 4* land) and it really, really will help with dilution because now you can have a better chance at picking the specific token that you believe has the best chance of helping you in your roster situation.  It is still RNG based however, it will help narrow down your chances better than the current system.  One step further would be to simply get rid of specific color covers and simply be a token for that character (something advocated from the start of the game) and you would get to choose what color you wanted that token to apply for.  I know they would never do that though because they see it as people won't need as many tokens to complete a character.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Change the ISO in the vault from 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 to 10x those amounts. This would definitely increase HP purchases. 
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    End tapping by multiplying all PvE scores and progression targets by 100 with the min values remaining at 1.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lots of these suggestions are solid. I'd say the colorless covers, iso cost, and 5* acquisition would be the things that need adjusting the most. Personally I miss the original buy cover model where the featured character was guaranteed if you bought a 10 pack....and I would love more alliance events... 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MPQ is working as intended. However, regarding changes, I would bring back the old forum function of designating enemies to ignore all their posts.
    Does this mean I have my first nemesis. Am I  the villain or the hero? Just kidding I don't even know if you were referring to me in your post.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MPQ is working as intended. However, regarding changes, I would bring back the old forum function of designating enemies to ignore all their posts.
    Does this mean I have my first nemesis. Am I  the villain or the hero? Just kidding I don't even know if you were referring to me in your post.
    The Forum goes against the spirit of Marvel itself, where heroes and villains cannot ignore each other.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    this will NEVER happen, even if Barbara Eden crossed her arms and blinked twice
    but a marketplace where you can gift/trade/sell resources.

-don't need colorless covers or let them rot if you can swap for the one you need.
    -vaulting is alleviated by those looking to move undercover vaults in order to get current
    -choice. my favorite chars are toons that I have the worst luck with. Can I buy a green thing please?
    I would seriously trade a bobby blue for A.V Red right now
    -Global Moderators like this here forum can keep it fair? It would be like the grand ol days of Magic when you could trade for unicorns but had to ask the card shop owner if he thought it was fair

- freesource alliances that help newbs and give friends and family a little help to encourage them to keep playing 

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For reference: SCL8, playing for 560+ days, generally a grinder, VIP taker since first offered. Have all but 4 characters above 1* rostered, and all but most recent 3* championed. About to champion my 1st 4*.

• Change Heroic tokens to 3*/4* pulls only.

I have always held that 2* covers are the same as pulling 250 iso once you've champed all the 2*, and iso is always a good thing. However, since the start of vaulting, I have to admit that when I pull 7 standard tokens, 4 elites, and then 1-2 Heroic with my daily collection of tokens, it's really annoying to have pulled maybe 1 3* star from the standard and elites and then get 2*s with the Heroics. Yeah, some days are better than others. But that's what most look like and it didn't matter so much when I had all the time in the world to improve the 3* and 4*, but I don't and I'm not going to the Heroes for Hire cover store when I already pay for VIP and my odds of being able to usefully champion/use the 4* have decreased so drastically. Well, not unless I end up with a lot more HP than I can use. And even then, it's going to be a longshot given the price tag.

• Add an ending time slot for PVE somewhere in the middle of that 5pm to 11pm EST gap.

I work 9-6, with a 40 minute minimum commute (not that unusual a schedule). If I want to be able to place T50 (and sometimes even T100), I'm looking at this:
    - 7 am means getting up at 5:30 am to grind the last 2 rounds, AND then trying to grind out the 1st 4 rounds for each node while getting ready for/on the way to work (and the cell service is in and out on the subway).
    - 12 noon doesn't give me the time to grind them before lunch. Plus I cannot possibly grind the 1st 4 rounds before I leave work and I'm out of the running if I can't do that.
    - 5 pm - likewise, I'm still at work.
    - 11pm I can grind and if that were the end of it, okay - but then I still have to stay up for another 1.5-2 hours to grind out the first 4 rounds of each node.

If there is anything that is getting me close to giving up this game it's the 3-4hr/day needed for any decent progression and that schedule. Currently work is light and I'm doing the 5 pm time slot because at least I can mostly early grind the first 4 rounds reasonably, but it won't stay that way for long.

Hmmm. Another solution might be changing the way time slots work on the refill. If I could run through 2 times for full points on each node, then have to wait 12 hours, be able to run through 2 more times at full points, and then another 12 hours to have the last 2-3 runthroughs work as they do now, that would also solve a lot of my timeslots issue.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For reference: SCL8, playing for 560+ days, generally a grinder, VIP taker since first offered. Have all but 4 characters above 1* rostered, and all but most recent 3* championed. About to champion my 1st 4*.

I have always held that 2* covers are the same as pulling 250 iso once you've champed all the 2*, and iso is always a good thing. However, since the start of vaulting, I have to admit that when I pull 7 standard tokens, 4 elites, and then 1-2 Heroic with my daily collection of tokens, it's really annoying to have pulled maybe 1 3* star from the standard and elites and then get 2*s with the Heroics. Yeah, some days are better than others. But that's what most look like and it didn't matter so much when I had all the time in the world to improve the 3* and 4*, but I don't and I'm not going to the Heroes for Hire cover store when I already pay for VIP and my odds of being able to usefully champion/use the 4* have decreased so drastically. Well, not unless I end up with a lot more HP than I can use. And even then, it's going to be a longshot given the price tag.
    You should be farming your 2* characters, pointless to just leave them at 144 and sell all the covers.....
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:

You should be farming your 2* characters, pointless to just leave them at 144 and sell all the covers.....
    Unless I'm drastically misunderstanding how it works, I get more in ISO for selling the cover than for selling the developed character? 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:

Unless I'm drastically misunderstanding how it works, I get more in ISO for selling the cover than for selling the developed character? 
    You're drastically misunderstanding how it works.
    Every champion reward is something whose value is at least 250 ISO and includes ISO, HP, HTs, Specific 3* covers, and CP.  For selling a 144 you get almost enough ISO to rechamp.  Once you get through the initial investment of spending HP on extra roster slots, its a way to get more than 250 ISO per cover that is self-sustaining.  
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:

The iso loss is just less than 5k, but it nets you 3 3* covers, 5 cp, 5 heroic tokens, and 250 hp....... Plus, the satisfaction of constantly adding champ levels......
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes 2* farming is well worth the investment once you get to a decent 3* roster.  The constant rewards over time, especially in guaranteed 3* covers, which then provide 3* champ rewards is a good long-term investment.  It does take a while to see dividends but my recommendation is to use HP to only buy roster slots until you have more than enough slots.  If you don't need roster slots for new characters, then use them to farm 2*.
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

I work 9-6, with a 40 minute minimum commute (not that unusual a schedule). ... Currently work is light and I'm doing the 5 pm time slot because at least I can mostly early grind the first 4 rounds reasonably, but it won't stay that way for long.
    Are you me? Because this describes my current situation almost exactly... Come September (if not sooner), those end-of-sub grinds leading up to 5pm ET go bye-bye.

And yes, you absolutely should be farming your 2*s.