D3 at c2e2 - CHECK OUT INCOMING HEROES!

Options

Comments

• I would assume sentry is 3***. Sentry (Dark Reign) probably. Then Void (Dark Sentry) if ever released would be a 4****. Not too happy about ANOTHER storm honestly. Hopefully at the very least she has totally.New abilities. She-hulk is a hottie when drawn right, and she doesn't have an itteration yet, so I am rather ambivalent to that one. Nick fury Jr I was happy about. Not STOKED about any of these really...but the last 4 releases were petty underwhelming as well (counting lazy characters).

Also, part of me hope they scrap the lazy daken altogether. Ppl are only thinking about him offensively and not how annoying he will be to fight. That, or his strike tiles won't be as strong as ppl see high lvl machine dakan having and they will be underwhelmed by him and he instead becomes a wasted character slot when a Cyclops, cable, Mr.sinister, deadpool, iron patriot, Emma frost, etc could have been added.

Also, unless it IS a lazy storm, why would lazy storm be coming out before an Emma Frost?
  • Dormammu wrote:
    Aw, man... Sentry? The guy is like a footnote in the Marvel U. Didn't he originate as a gag? Like some mythical guy Stan and Jack created but never saw the light of day, but that ended up being a hoax?

Possessed of the power of a million exploding suns, at that!

Yes, you are correct. Although, he featured heavily throughout Dark Reign. The Punisher series in which Frank tries to "punish" Osborn is particularly great. That's the series that the MPQ Punisher cover is taken from.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    I'm all over She-Hulk.

Not sure 4th will be Sentry. I think it could be the Collector. He also has a cape and was drawn with long tousled hair.

landscape_xlarge.jpg
    That would be neat, considering that The Collecter is in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie, but I think they'd go for one of the much more marketable main characters first -- probably Star-Lord or Rocket Raccoon.

Oh man, if they put out Groot, he should have three powers (Green, Black, Blue?) with different effects, but all three powers are named "I am Groot!"
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    davecazz wrote:
    I think the character is a woman. I really don't think the would show off the legs so much if it was a guy. and the legs are more Chun Li muscular rather than superman muscular.
    The thigh silhouette is distinctly masculine, though. I've never seen a female character drawn with a cinder block of thigh muscle. Female characters have had major thighness, but always had said thighness taper smoothly to the knee.
    DayvBang wrote:
    Oh man, if they put out Groot, he should have three powers (Green, Black, Blue?) with different effects, but all three powers are named "I am Groot!"
    Heh, or three powers individually named "I", "Am", and "Groot", each of which feeds into the next, making for an "I am Groot!" triple-whammy.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    quikk wrote:
    If that 4th one is Sentry he may come as villain in the storyline. Remeber that in the first dark avengers team that osborn gathered he was part of it along with daken, venom, yelena, bullseye, moonstone. We already have almost the hole team. We're missing only Sentry and Iron Patriot to complete the original Dark Avengers team.

Did not know that. I thought only his other 1/2, void, was evil.
    The Sentry thinks of himself as a good guy, but is *extremely* easily manipulated. Ares caught on to Osborne's TinyKitty fairly quickly (and was mostly in as a bargain anyway), whereas Sentry was led around like a dog on a leash.
  • Ooo! I was gone this weekend but I am happy to come back and see my dream of a 3* Storm has finally come true! Is she confirmed 3* or just strong speculation?

Lol - one of my alliance members mentioned mo hawk storm and she hulk this weekend and I thought he was joking... Jokes on me!
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ooo! I was gone this weekend but I am happy to come back and see my dream of a 3* Storm has finally come true! Is she confirmed 3* or just strong speculation?

We're speculating based on the images provided.
  • Ooo! I was gone this weekend but I am happy to come back and see my dream of a 3* Storm has finally come true! Is she confirmed 3* or just strong speculation?

We're speculating based on the images provided.

Nice. That works for me!

Lol - one of my alliance members mentioned mo hawk storm and she hulk this weekend and I thought he was joking... Jokes on me!

Being as we have a 1* storm and 2* storm and nick is the 4*, I would go as far as to guarantee she would be 3*.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GuiltTrip wrote:
    They crushed my 9 year olds dreams by telling her there are no plans to add White Queen anytime soon to the game, despite the fact they would love to.

Disappointing. But did their answer leave the possibility of the Black Queen Emma Frost?
  • TazFTW wrote:
    Disappointing. But did their answer leave the possibility of the Black Queen Emma Frost?

They left the possibility open for her. One of the presenters really wants her in, but she is officially not on the radar at this time.
  • I like 1* storm andv2* is OK. So hope the trend doesn't continue. Really want a good one
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A storm is brewing... Mohawk Storm with powers. I hope that the final artwork will be the new Mohawk Storm instead of the one where she lost her powers cos I prefer her newer costume.

ro84hwq.jpg
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Am I the only one getting a Mephisto vibe from the last one? Especially with the whole "evil clasping hand" thing going on.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    A storm is brewing... Mohawk Storm with powers. I hope that the final artwork will be the new Mohawk Storm instead of the one where she lost her powers cos I prefer her newer costume.

ro84hwq.jpg

I'm sorry, but that is one ugly chick. icon_e_sad.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about this instead?

Storm-Phil-Noto-Art-Of-The-Week.jpg
  • kensterr wrote:

ro84hwq.jpg

She looks totally B.A.!

And as far as attractiveness is concerned... Would you tell a woman with controlled lightning bolts shooting out of the corners of her eyes that she was ugly? I thought not. Overwhelming powers of intimidation win over beauty any day.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As I wrote somewhere, it would be kickass if that was Sentry, and one of his powers was -- 12 Black - Remove both Sentry and Ares from the board and place Void into play. Void's level is determined by the sum of the levels of the characters removed.

It's lore-ful and stuff. Make it so D3P. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Heh, Storm's pose is the same as with her 1* and 2* versions (as is the case with all the version-based characters, even Yelena Belova (DA Black Widow) and Daken (DA Wolverine) for some reason).
    I guess the new character art is mostly ready.
  • Really wanted to see nightcrawler and still no response to that