D3 at c2e2 - CHECK OUT INCOMING HEROES!

Options

Comments

• IceIX so what happened to Lazy Daken?
  • She-Hulk, Mohawk Storm, and Psylocke.... sounds like a 3*** girls' night out on the town to me [tank, caster, support] icon_e_smile.gif

Also.... who said anything about Mohawk Storm being a "lazy" storm? Just because she already exists in 1* and 2** versions, doesn't mean that her 3*** version is automatically a "lazy" version. She could be a whole new build/power set for Storm, for all we know, similar to the Widows and Magnetos. Personally, I would think that her "punk" incarnation would offer the opportunity for 3*** Storm to field a different color scheme than her 1* and 2** varieties.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They may not have included Lazy Daken because he's already been announced.

I definitely like the idea of three new female characters. That will add some variety the next time they run No Man's Land.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    They may not have included Lazy Daken because he's already been announced.

I definitely like the idea of three new female characters. That will add some variety the next time they run No Man's Land.

I agree with the additions of three female characters. The potential teams for the next iteration of No Man's Land should be quite fun. And I'm always lookng forward to what the new powers will be.

I am bummed that I didn't see a Deadpool sillouhette there, but that's ok.
  • Yeah that's **** all fine and good.
    Except we have like a bazillion usable heroes and like 3 usable villains?
    Come on. Give us some evil already. Not even a single villain 4*.
    Starting to get crazy out of balance.
  • Personally I'd LOVE to see a 3* storm that has her modern red ability icon_e_smile.gif Then add in the Blue and green from Classic and you have a new color combination that hasn't been used yet.
  • Maybe the mohawk figure IS Lazy Daken. All the gold 3*s are a bit pear-shaped.
  • I was at the panel at C2E2, it was a small crowd but it was cool. The devs were super nice and gave us a few HP or ISO just for coming.

They teased the four new characters and also had a cover up on the slide (I didnt get a picture) showing the cover for 3 star-Daken. Sounds like he'll be next up. They said his powers will be altered so that he won't be a more frustrating version of the 2-star Daken. They didn't go into specifics.

I asked about whether they were doing more 4-star characters in the future, and they said there won't necessarily be an increase in frequency of them. They said the majority of the player base is 2-3 stars rosters, so they'd continued to focus mostly on 3-star new characters, with a little bit of 2 and 4 stars. They aren't going to do much in the way of new 1-stars.
  • If that 4th one is Sentry he may come as villain in the storyline. Remeber that in the first dark avengers team that osborn gathered he was part of it along with daken, venom, yelena, bullseye, moonstone. We already have almost the hole team. We're missing only Sentry and Iron Patriot to complete the original Dark Avengers team.
  • quikk wrote:
    If that 4th one is Sentry he may come as villain in the storyline. Remeber that in the first dark avengers team that osborn gathered he was part of it along with daken, venom, yelena, bullseye, moonstone. We already have almost the hole team. We're missing only Sentry and Iron Patriot to complete the original Dark Avengers team.

Did not know that. I thought only his other 1/2, void, was evil.
  • Yeah that's tinykitty all fine and good.
    Except we have like a bazillion usable heroes and like 3 usable villains?
    Come on. Give us some evil already. Not even a single villain 4*.
    Starting to get crazy out of balance.
    I still think Iron Patriot would make the most sense as a 4 star villain. I was really hoping they'd name him instead of Fury. Plot-wise it would make sense. Fury is "leading" the good guys & is a 4 star. Meanwhile, Osborn is "leading" the bad guys & should be a 4 star. The only other original dark avengers is Captain Marvel (Noh-Varr). They could also bring characters from the Thunderbolts team (Songbird, Paladin, etc.) that would make great two stars.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    quikk wrote:
    If that 4th one is Sentry he may come as villain in the storyline. Remeber that in the first dark avengers team that osborn gathered he was part of it along with daken, venom, yelena, bullseye, moonstone. We already have almost the hole team. We're missing only Sentry and Iron Patriot to complete the original Dark Avengers team.

Did not know that. I thought only his other 1/2, void, was evil.

Well, sort of. Sentry isn't necessarily 'evil', but he is part of the Dark Avengers, similar to Ares (manipulated by Osborn). I do expect Sentry to be considered a villain for MPQ, though.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really hope the She-hulk art isn't going to have scales and a sword. 2 things she never uses.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Demiurge has been getting lots of **** regarding game mechanics and design, but this time I say a big THANK YOU to them for bringing in more characters, especially Mohawk Storm and She-Hulk! Love their choice of new characters. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did someone say they are giving us She-Hulk? OMG I feel like a giddy school girl! icon_e_biggrin.gif

*ahem*

I mean... cool. icon_cool.gif
  • That's an underwhelming cast of new characters.
    The people have spoken: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5730
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Original She-Hulk or Red She-Hulk?
  • I dunno, She-Hulk looks pretty cool from that art to me (although I don't know anything about her), as does Mohawk Storm.

I have no idea who Sentry is though. We shall see.
  • Is it possible the 4th one (with the long hair and the swirly cape) could be Scarlet Witch (doesn't seem to have the huge mask, but could be the angle)....
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Is it possible the 4th one (with the long hair and the swirly cape) could be Scarlet Witch (doesn't seem to have the huge mask, but could be the angle)....

Eh, I don't think so. Would be awesome if it was, though. Scarlet Witch seems to offer so much room to play with ability design.