Doctor's orders Apr 25-27 season 1

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    OK, north of 800 it's mostly crazies.
    I really wonder why the 'cutoff' for those MMR bubbles seems to fluctuate that much from tourney to tourney, something must be getting tweaked somewhere.

I think it's just where the crazies settle. When they're all higher more "normies" can get higher before reaching them which in turn boosts all scores.

Also, if anyone wouldn't mind hitting sandhi marvel I'd appreciate it

Edit: and boom they got hit! Muhahaha
    I did hit him when I started my push, since he/she hit me last night icon_e_biggrin.gif
    And you're probably right - so in Falcon we should have a clear shot up to 1050 again icon_e_wink.gif

I got to 1004 and am done with this tourney.
    Only two attacks from 800 to 1000 (both for -40, thanks desert/jungle and MStorm!), but the health loss was too brutal to continue.
    Good thing I was able to sub in BP for Hood for that final battle, else I would have needed to shield at 980.

So if anyone has me in their queue, fire away, I'm shielded through to the end and will only become active again if I slip out of top 5 (which seems unlikely with my bracket).
  • Just when I thought I went above 1000, I was hit for more than 100pts. Some **** Farrakh hit me 5 times already.

EDIT: Whining deleted.
  • This is really bizarre. I was pushing to 1200 and shielded at 1185. I went into my alliance chat for a minute and came out to a pop-up that TheBigWax had hit me. The pop-up said he got 39 points, but it was 0 points to me because of the shield. I popped back into chat to mention that it was lucky I had shielded. Then I went back into the event and was perplexed to see a retaliation node for TheBigWax, even though my points were not affected and it still had me showing 1185. Again, I went into chat and mentioned how bizarre that was. Then I went back into the event to see if I could find some queue up some good matches and, only after I had skipped several and queued up a 15-pt match to take me to 1200, I looked at my score to see that I had dropped to 1146.

I know there is sometimes a sever lag with shields, but, according to the chat timeline, my points did not change until about 5 minutes after I had shielded. And I've never seen points change for a battle after you are told it cost you 0.

The game is full of race conditions and update errors -- TMK best way to see actual sate is still to go to player ranking and shift tabs, that forces downloading the current state and show in the table. The other places (big number on the same page, the small one outside, the even smaller on the tab) may still show some old data even after that. If you see the retal it's good indication you actually lost the points too.

And you're welcome to +1 an 'incompetent devs' for your troubles, I already exhausted my counters. They keep creating all the irrelevant UI changes while not even bother to address the real issues with the game.
  • Got hit 8 times last night by the same player with his stupid Spiderman. Nerf him already. I hardly ever see spidermen but the last 2 pvps THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.

Not even level 141's most of the ones i see are 90 and below. I must have missed something lol
  • kidicarus wrote:
    datKrow wrote:
    Hey beezer, I see you also need IW green. Any way I can... persuade you to let me have it? icon_e_biggrin.gif

If it wasn't for those darned alliance points I would absolutely just let you have it.

And now seasons too. Our bracket is going to be intense with Kingsucram, Ferret, entropic, icarus and noob in the mix!

Heh, you're probably overestimating my roster and the time I have available to make the bracket competitive. I know that as it stands, I can't sustain a 1300+ average to compete for the no.1 spot. Would still love to finish 2-5 but my final roster placing is going to depend on whether I can hit the season average benchmark that I have set for myself.

I think I'm gonna take our super tough SHIELD bracket as both a blessing and a curse. A curse because it will be super tough to place at the top but a blessing because I think I'm just going to accept that from the start and keep a solid score but probably not fight for the top.

Plus I just finished my IW at the optimal 3/5/5 and my X-Force is already at the 4/4/5 I think is the easiest to respec so I don't have a lot of drive to finish 1st in PVP for a while.
  • i made it to 1000 last night thanks to 50+ points from 2 Ghast Retreats (Thanks Ghast icon_e_wink.gif

I didn't need the covers, so i stayed unshielded and within the hour i got hammered down to 720

This morning i pushed back up to 950 just grinding ISO and threw up a shield. #2 in my bracket has 700, so i'm thinking that my score can take 1st.

Marc
  • Ok so I'm about to get 2x 4* from this event.

1300 progression reward.
    1st place reward.

2x 4*'s that I don't need and will be selling for 2k ISO.
    This 2k ISO will then in turn take my Invisible Woman from lvl 164 all the way up to lvl 164.67.
    I really feel like they need to implement the suggestion I've heard as least 10-15 people mention.
    If you are at 13/13 covers and get another cover for that character, then besides being able to respec you should be able to use the spare card for a lvl boost.

Here's how it would work.

1* m storm is sacrificed to a lvl 37 m storm. She is now lvl 38.
    2* Dakken goes to lvl 25 Dakken. He is now lvl 27.
    3* patch goes to lvl 110 patch. He is now lvl 113.
    4* IW goes into a lvl 164 IW. She is now lvl 168.

Y'all get the idea. It would help people in every stage of the game. From beginners to pros alike.
  • djsquillz wrote:
    I really feel like they need to implement the suggestion I've heard as least 10-15 people mention.
    If you are at 13/13 covers and get another cover for that character, then besides being able to respec you should be able to use the spare card for a lvl boost.

Current economics won't allow this. ie. 3* example, you are suggesting a 500 ISO (market value) card be traded for ~7,000 ISO in levelling?

If the devs go for that, maybe I can sell them a bridge...
  • I think just +1lvl is more than enough.

On topic though - I climbed back to 1000+ again and getting 1 defensive win put me at #1, a couple of pts above #2. I don't plan to unshield for the rest of this awful, awful tourney.

Also, it's time for supper.
  • Vinny J wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:

Current economics won't allow this. ie. 3* example, you are suggesting a 500 ISO (market value) card be traded for ~7,000 ISO in levelling?

It doesn't necessarily have to be to that extent. I do feel like we need some form of power up from putting the extra cover of same character in once maxed.

I mean if you have a 10/13 you don't have this option. The only time it really takes effect is if you have a non maxed 13/13 and happen to get that card again. If you have a card 13/13 maxed the 3* would still only be 500.

That's why I didn't think the 3-4 levels for higher lvl rarity cards would be that big of a deal because it's somewhat if a niche situation. I understand your point though and do somewhat agree. I'm sure d3 could find a nice little balance to possibly add this in.

With the semi recent update of increased sell prices though I feel like all I have ATM is wishful thinking regardless.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vinny J wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:

It doesn't necessarily have to be to that extent. I do feel like we need some form of power up from putting the extra cover of same character in once maxed.

I mean if you have a 10/13 you don't have this option. The only time it really takes effect is if you have a non maxed 13/13 and happen to get that card again. If you have a card 13/13 maxed the 3* would still only be 500.

That's why I didn't think the 3-4 levels for higher lvl rarity cards would be that big of a deal because it's somewhat if a niche situation. I understand your point though and do somewhat agree. I'm sure d3 could find a nice little balance to possibly add this in.

With the semi recent update of increased sell prices though I feel like all I have ATM is wishful thinking regardless.

Yeah, I don't really see the point of this change, since selling the covers for iso functionally results in the same thing. I guess your idea is more of a small bonus for selling a cover to level up the same character, but I don't think that adds enough to the game to be worth the development time.
  • Vinny J wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:

Yeah, I don't really see the point of this change, since selling the covers for iso functionally results in the same thing. I guess your idea is more of a small bonus for selling a cover to level up the same character, but I don't think that adds enough to the game to be worth the development time.

@np

A valid point also. I have 0 idea what developmental efforts the implementation would take so I can't really comment further on that point though
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@np

A valid point also. I have 0 idea what developmental efforts the implementation would take so I can't really comment further on that point though

I don't think it would be too bad, but with the amount of time they take to release simpler functions like a sell all button, I'm guessing that they don't have the cycles for something like this icon_e_wink.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Hey Knock3r, are you giving me a hand (thanks, not needed then) or genuinely having trouble? Could you tell me which team you saw then? I was switching between cMagneto, Hood, Spidey and oBW while constantly having Pun.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I was hoping to be done with this pvp so I can focus on the last two subs tonight. But things are heating up in the top 10...hopefully I can stay shielded and keep a top 10 placement with 1000 points.

MPQ problems...
  • This event has been hell. Pissed me right off getting attacked 5 times in a row in less than half an hour by a regular forumite. Lost over 100 points. Guess i shouldn't have joined early. I shall stick to joining as late as possible from now on.
  • djsquillz wrote:
    i made it to 1000 last night thanks to 50+ points from 2 Ghast Retreats (Thanks Ghast icon_e_wink.gif

I didn't need the covers, so i stayed unshielded and within the hour i got hammered down to 720

This morning i pushed back up to 950 just grinding ISO and threw up a shield. #2 in my bracket has 700, so i'm thinking that my score can take 1st.

Marc

Is there some sort of sign up sheet for this Ghast charity system?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event has been hell. Pissed me right off getting attacked 5 times in a row in less than half an hour by a regular forumite. Lost over 100 points. Guess i shouldn't have joined early. I shall stick to joining as late as possible from now on.

Look on the bright side mate. We won 4-0!
  • Twysta wrote:
    This event has been hell. Pissed me right off getting attacked 5 times in a row in less than half an hour by a regular forumite. Lost over 100 points. Guess i shouldn't have joined early. I shall stick to joining as late as possible from now on.

haha true. It will be interesting to see who we get as new manager. Apparently Van Gaal is favourite.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Twysta wrote:

It's probably been discussed on here in the past...but who do you guys root for?