Doctor's orders Apr 25-27 season 1

Options

Comments

• Mikeydollar you were given points away there, what team did you face as i was trying different combos
  • Beee - had such an easy run to 950 (nearly all 85s) and it was so early i thought i'd do a ghast (minus substances) and come back down again. Sorry didn't even pay attention to the line up

LT and cmags working well for me, full rainbow with doom and can go 10 rounds before healing
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Beee - had such an easy run to 950 (nearly all 85s) and it was so early i thought i'd do a ghast (minus substances) and come back down again. Sorry didn't even pay attention to the line up

LT and cmags working well for me, full rainbow with doom and can go 10 rounds before healing

I thought about doing that, then realized I won't be able to play too much this weekend. So I need very point I can get.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beee - had such an easy run to 950 (nearly all 85s) and it was so early i thought i'd do a ghast (minus substances) and come back down again. Sorry didn't even pay attention to the line up

I thought about doing that, then realized I won't be able to play too much this weekend. So I need very point I can get.

I'll be doing a "Ghast Maneuver" this morning also to about 950s so I'll try and find you, and others, after the tank team goes in (It'll have the ever present and en-vogue Bag-Man). Wait until you see Bag-Man in, then PvP pinata him. I won't be doing retals until way later, after every body gets shielded, plus my C.Mag is 141'd so I'm shooting for Top 25 anyways.

Good Luck people!
  • well thanks for the freebies make sure to queue me up for later. Should be a good point score for you
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we please stop with having jungle _and_ desert in PVP?
    Getting hit by 2* with MStorms for 40 points is getting really old really fast.
  • Well time to try to rank high in this round

I dont like Dr Doom but I'll see if he can help me out. I need to improve Mag Classic since i got him from the Hunt from a recruit token. I ranked pretty well for the first time in a PvP Tourney so now I want to do it in this one so yeah.

Sadly i can't shield myself either so lets hope I dont get attacked much
  • Popped for a 3-hour shield at 1100. If I am in your queue, now is a great time.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    I will attack the living s--- out of a team with L85 MN Mags on it. Be warned. Keeping the other two (presumably strong chars) the same, replace L85 MN Mags with L85 OBW and I'll probably skip that team.
    Unfortunately cStorm/MMN combo is the Spider-Man combo of the 2*s. They can take on anyone, so retaliating/attacking them isn't always the best.
  • My shield runs out in about an hour. I'll toss out points as I slink back down the leaderboards.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    edited April 2014
    Options
    locked wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    I will attack the living s--- out of a team with L85 MN Mags on it. Be warned. Keeping the other two (presumably strong chars) the same, replace L85 MN Mags with L85 OBW and I'll probably skip that team.
    Unfortunately cStorm/MMN combo is the Spider-Man combo of the 2*s. They can take on anyone, so retaliating/attacking them isn't always the best.
    True. But... in Hollowpoint, once I started fighting near-max 2* teams, at least 50% of the teams I chose to fight were CStorm + MN Mags combos. I ate, at most, 2 successful retals from them. That said, I was running L115 LT + BP (but with an unleveled GSBW), so there was a bit of a deterrent factor.

Speaking of Spidey, I was never seen anywhere near that many low-level (sub-L90) Spideys before Hollowpoint. That was just bizarre.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Well time to try to rank high in this round

I dont like Dr Doom but I'll see if he can help me out. I need to improve Mag Classic since i got him from the Hunt from a recruit token. I ranked pretty well for the first time in a PvP Tourney so now I want to do it in this one so yeah.

Sadly i can't shield myself either so lets hope I dont get attacked much
    Please read Polarity's guide to roster progression: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

As a player with barely a 1* team, you should not be, in any way, focusing on improving your 3* characters. Unless you want to drop frankly absurd amounts of money on your roster, do not bank on having a usable 3* for quite a while yet.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    My shield runs out in about an hour. I'll toss out points as I slink back down the leaderboards.
    Whoa, thanks for all those points - made more than up for another loss to MStorm icon_e_smile.gif
  • Likewise thanks Ghast, can't believe you get north of 1100, shield & then come back down icon_e_biggrin.gif Hope it's profitable in terms of iso for you

Should make the 1100 fairly simple now for me, still need 1 of each doom - regretting not finishing him before lightning rounds changed
  • Ugh, is the difficulty set to **** level for this event? In each of my last 4 fights the CPU has gotten a cascade on turn 1 for extra moves (which turn into more cascades for more moves) and they end up with 10+ AP in one or (usually) more colors. Nothing like watching Thor get wiped by turn 2. :/
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, is the difficulty set to tinykitty level for this event? In each of my last 4 fights the CPU has gotten a cascade on turn 1 for extra moves (which turn into more cascades for more moves) and they end up with 10+ AP in one or (usually) more colors. Nothing like watching Thor get wiped by turn 2. :/

The same thing has been happening to me. Cascades, all the AP they need to wipe me out... so frustrating.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Ugh, is the difficulty set to tinykitty level for this event? In each of my last 4 fights the CPU has gotten a cascade on turn 1 for extra moves (which turn into more cascades for more moves) and they end up with 10+ AP in one or (usually) more colors. Nothing like watching Thor get wiped by turn 2. :/

The same thing has been happening to me. Cascades, all the AP they need to wipe me out... so frustrating.

It's just the way we process that stuff. I just played a game against a fairly solid team (mostly 70-80 against my similar team). Board set me up with an extra move on turn one, that turned into a total of 4 extra moves before the AI got to take turn one. By that point the first two enemy characters were down. AI got 4 turns before it was done.

I probably won't remember that match. But I'll sure as hell remember if the AI gets lucky like that.
  • Hey beezer, I see you also need IW green. Any way I can... persuade you to let me have it? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    My shield runs out in about an hour. I'll toss out points as I slink back down the leaderboards.

My "Ghast" maneuver completed here too. A random hit (NOT Phantron, just that Phanton's team replaced the random in that retal node) removed my seed team I'd been saving for you guys so I won't be able to put in Bag-man. I'll be spewing points to you guys as I see them on skips as I go down.

You are welcome to take on Patch & C. Mags if you want to icon_twisted.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    Hey beezer, I see you also need IW green. Any way I can... persuade you to let me have it? icon_e_biggrin.gif

I can't speak for Beezer or anything, but I have my magic 8 ball right here... Hold on.... Shaking it a bit.....Ok turning it over.... It says....

Ask again later.