Doctor's orders Apr 25-27 season 1

Options

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    His red is the only move the AI might do successfully and it's fairly high cost. MN Mags (and I love him) doesn't even have the stay away factor of most 85s.
    I will attack the living s--- out of a team with L85 MN Mags on it. Be warned. Keeping the other two (presumably strong chars) the same, replace L85 MN Mags with L85 OBW and I'll probably skip that team.
    MikeHock wrote:
    I've got Red and Blue covered thanks to killing it in the Lightning Rounds before they got nerfed to complete crapola.
    Thanks for offering the rare purple as an alliance only reward, D3. Let us know when you have a clue how to rotate awards.
    Errrr, wasn't purple the easiest cover to get in the old LRs, with blue being the hardest? I've got a 3/3/5 CMags, and more of than half of those covers were from one set of old Villain LRs.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Errrr, wasn't purple the easiest cover to get in the old LRs, with blue being the hardest? I've got a 3/3/5 CMags, and more of than half of those covers were from one set of old Villain LRs.

Yes, purple was the easiest cover to possibly attain for Mags. Red was the hardest. So, it's actually a complete flip.
  • The only mildly threatening 85 is Ares with Thor getting off a call one in twelve games. OBW very rarely causes problems and is what I look for when making runs for final placement.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

Yes, purple was the easiest cover to possibly attain for Mags. Red was the hardest. So, it's actually a complete flip.

And here I am 170+ days in with a classics mags reppin a 2-5-0 build. That friggin purple cover has eluded me forever, elusive no more!!!!

Unless Terran Domionion completely tinykittys the litter box in this event. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nemek wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

And here I am 170+ days in with a classics mags reppin a 2-5-0 build. That friggin purple cover has eluded me forever, elusive no more!!!!

Unless Terran Domionion completely tinykittys the litter box in this event. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Don't worry I do not need the covers, but D3 wants me to place in the top 5 and take these covers from people because of the alliance and now season system. And by golly I will sell them so fast even though I should hold onto them for a few days in case they stealth nerf him. But I will put that new sell all button to work.
  • Nice to see that after the Widow event they're changing the ending time to be more friendly to us European players. Oh, wait.....
  • There's someone in my bracket shielded already at 333 points. With a 141 LT and 141 BP. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • j12601 wrote:
    There's someone in my bracket shielded already at 333 points. With a 141 LT and 141 BP. icon_e_surprised.gif

I think that will be my main team for this pvp, to go with a 100 (pre-buff) Doom.

Don't think I'm going to love this one, especially coming out of hollowpoint which is probably my favorite pvp.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A.R.E.S (who is shielded at #4 in the SHIELD Simulator) is at the top of my bracket. Not shielded yet, though.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    A.R.E.S (who is shielded at #4 in the SHIELD Simulator) is at the top of my bracket. Not shielded yet, though.

I'm in this bracket. He shielded at 581.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    I've got Red and Blue covered thanks to killing it in the Lightning Rounds before they got nerfed to complete crapola.

Thanks for offering the rare purple as an alliance only reward, D3. Let us know when you have a clue how to rotate awards.

They did rotate the covers. Purple is the least rare of the 3 covers.

Guess those Sherlocks over at D3 have a clue.
  • Why are there tentacles in the event icon
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Why are there tentacles in the event icon

Foreshadowing 3* Doc Ock (Classic).
  • gobstopper wrote:
    lol yeah, that concerns me as well icon_e_smile.gif

So far I'm not having much fun in this tourney... Can't find good team for Doom - having Doom softcapped at 89 maked Punisher tank almost all the colors, leaving Blue for Doom and Purple for OBW. I'm thinking maybe i'll go with Psylocke lvl80 instead of Pun for a bit faster fights. And maybe Cap lvl110 as the third... Dunno. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been running with GSBW and Spidey. Hunting purple to let Spidey throw down his defense tiles until GSBW has enough to purple -> green -> snipe. Otherwise, on a strong black board I just let Doom's demons do all the work. He's so insane when buffed - I love Doom.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I saw no one from the top crew in my bracket.. Mb i can cruise in this one for a change.. I ll go with my LR team.. Maxed cmag.. LT and a 105 doom.. It should be enough to make some noise..
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got to 800 and put in an extremely beatable lineup (85 ares, 50 im40, loaner doom) if you can find me free pts for a while. I'm trying the ghast ISO farm

So far only person I've recognized in my point give away has been bacon pants

Edit: haha, someone attacked me and lost. So much for trying to give pts away
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I got to 800 and put in an extremely beatable lineup (85 ares, 50 im40, loaner doom) if you can find me free pts for a while. I'm trying the ghast ISO farm

I was wondering what was going on! I rarely get defensive wins, thank you for the points. icon_e_biggrin.gif Brady is in the same bracket as me...I just want another top 10 finish. Mags is one of my lesser covered characters.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was wondering what was going on! I rarely get defensive wins, thank you for the points. icon_e_biggrin.gif Brady is in the same bracket as me...I just want another top 10 finish. Mags is one of my lesser covered characters.

I'm sure people in my bracket are also VERY confused. Haha
  • gobstopper wrote:

Maybe new animation for third power? As usually all the pictures taken from the characters animation sequence.