Doctor's orders Apr 25-27 season 1

Options

Comments

• He's demolishing everyone for points right now, so I might have to take that as a no. icon_e_sad.gif
  • datKrow wrote:
    Hey beezer, I see you also need IW green. Any way I can... persuade you to let me have it? icon_e_biggrin.gif

If it wasn't for those darned alliance points I would absolutely just let you have it.

And now seasons too. Our bracket is going to be intense with Kingsucram, Ferret, entropic, icarus and noob in the mix!
  • Dang, was worth a try then.

Back to PvE I go!
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I m out for this event.. Reached the 1100 Pts plateau.. Got other things to do for the day.. Feel free to hit me.. I wont retaliate..
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is really bizarre. I was pushing to 1200 and shielded at 1185. I went into my alliance chat for a minute and came out to a pop-up that TheBigWax had hit me. The pop-up said he got 39 points, but it was 0 points to me because of the shield. I popped back into chat to mention that it was lucky I had shielded. Then I went back into the event and was perplexed to see a retaliation node for TheBigWax, even though my points were not affected and it still had me showing 1185. Again, I went into chat and mentioned how bizarre that was. Then I went back into the event to see if I could find some queue up some good matches and, only after I had skipped several and queued up a 15-pt match to take me to 1200, I looked at my score to see that I had dropped to 1146.

I know there is sometimes a sever lag with shields, but, according to the chat timeline, my points did not change until about 5 minutes after I had shielded. And I've never seen points change for a battle after you are told it cost you 0.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    This is really bizarre. I was pushing to 1200 and shielded at 1185. I went into my alliance chat for a minute and came out to a pop-up that TheBigWax had hit me. The pop-up said he got 39 points, but it was 0 points to me because of the shield. I popped back into chat to mention that it was lucky I had shielded. Then I went back into the event and was perplexed to see a retaliation node for TheBigWax, even though my points were not affected and it still had me showing 1185. Again, I went into chat and mentioned how bizarre that was. Then I went back into the event to see if I could find some queue up some good matches and, only after I had skipped several and queued up a 15-pt match to take me to 1200, I looked at my score to see that I had dropped to 1146.

I know there is sometimes a sever lag with shields, but, according to the chat timeline, my points did not change until about 5 minutes after I had shielded. And I've never seen points change for a battle after you are told it cost you 0.
    I had a similar, bizarre point-change delay happen a couple of days ago. There was no shielding involved, but over the course of 5-6 wins and no incoming attacks, my score bounced from 136 to 187 to 146 to a final score a bit north of 200.

It was in an LR, though, where the points don't matter and, apparently, everything's made up.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Come on evil son goku, you couldn't have waited and extra couple of seconds for me to shield before you got that hit in. That's what I get for trying to squeeze in a few extra pts from an 85 mn mags

Edit: haha, and then again after I shielded. Atleast that one didn't cost me, so : P
  • I'm having the worst time in PvP since forever.

I'm facing mostly Doom lvl 23-100 + OBW + Thor/Pun/Ares. And I die. No matter what I do, I keep on dying every 2-3 fights. No lucky cascades for AI though, just **** boards - I can match colors I don't need (or env. tiles), while AI gets all the cool stuff.

And I'm not even playing in the dessert.

My roster has an additional problem with being compatible with Doom (5/3, softcapped at 89):

Punisher - tanks almost all colors, dies all the time.
    Hood + Punisher - Purple and Green are wasted.
    OBW + Punisher - Yellow wasted, Pun tanks almost all.
    Patch - at 535 requires careful planning, I take too much dmg.
    Hulk was nice, but he's got only 1 good (and passive) skill. seems like a waste of a spot.

So far I'm running with Mr Rogers and OBW and even though it's not the best, I can at least do considerable damage and heal during fights.

Still, I don't like this tourney.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I've stopped at 1000 exactly...if the Doom cover at 1100 were blue I'd keep going as I still need two of those. Even though Dr. Doom is the featured player in this event, Lazy Thor has stolen the show.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HailMary wrote:

I had a similar, bizarre point-change delay happen a couple of days ago. There was no shielding involved, but over the course of 5-6 wins and no incoming attacks, my score bounced from 136 to 187 to 146 to a final score a bit north of 200.

It was in an LR, though, where the points don't matter and, apparently, everything's made up.
    I'm just sort of miffed because I bought a 24-hr shield thinking, with only 15 points to go, I would only need to break it once tomorrow night. Now I'm going to have to shield hop to make 54 points, so I will have to buy a series of shields and would have been better off buying an 8-hr shield tonight.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    I feel ya emeryt, I had a couple of "whoops" matches where I lost to an OBW that wouldn't stop karate chopping me and then to a non max punisher who showed me even when non maxed if you get magical cascades and start with a ton of green even non max punisher is decent. So many bazookas...

I saw you in my node, I chose to let your mr Rogers be. Part polite and part I knew you'd end up with 10b and 10r after 2 turns if I tried anything
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I'm having the worst time in PvP since forever.

I had the ai get a freak cascade off of one use of Mag's red power... their next move was berserker rage, magnetic translocation, summon demons. Doom was dead after that and I have no idea how Thor and the Hood won that match for me... something about a storm and purple strike tiles.

Coming from Hollowpoint to this has been a big let down but oh well, onwards to the Danger Zone!
  • I've stopped at 1000 exactly...if the Doom cover at 1100 were blue I'd keep going as I still need two of those.
    Same here - shame it's not blue.
    I'm at 945 currently and #3. #1 is 1049 and #2 is 1008. I'll try to make a push to 1k and then I think I'll call it a day, as I don't need Green IW.
    I feel ya emeryt, I had a couple of "whoops" matches where I lost to an OBW that wouldn't stop karate chopping me and then to a non max punisher who showed me even when non maxed if you get magical cascades and start with a ton of green even non max punisher is decent. So many bazookas...

I saw you in my node, I chose to let your mr Rogers be. Part polite and part I knew you'd end up with 10b and 10r after 2 turns if I tried anything
    Really weird tourney... There is no team now I wouldn't think about skipping... Cos everything poses much of a thread in Latveria!
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    I've stopped at 1000 exactly...if the Doom cover at 1100 were blue I'd keep going as I still need two of those.
    Same here - shame it's not blue.
    I'm at 945 currently and #3. #1 is 1049 and #2 is 1008. I'll try to make a push to 1k and then I think I'll call it a day, as I don't need Green IW.

Really weird tourney... There is no team now I wouldn't think about skipping... Cos everything poses much of a thread in Latveria!
    I second that.. My team is maxed doom-LT-Cmag and i lost a couple of times against an 85 thor/ obw.. Cant even reach 5 blue.. A **** moment..
  • Come on evil son goku, you couldn't have waited and extra couple of seconds for me to shield before you got that hit in. That's what I get for trying to squeeze in a few extra pts from an 85 mn mags

Edit: haha, and then again after I shielded. Atleast that one didn't cost me, so : P

Sorry arogantb, I was just trying to get as many matches in as I could in my charge and again got into a bubble where only the same group came up even with skips. Hope you still hit your target score.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    Hey beezer, I see you also need IW green. Any way I can... persuade you to let me have it? icon_e_biggrin.gif

If it wasn't for those darned alliance points I would absolutely just let you have it.

And now seasons too. Our bracket is going to be intense with Kingsucram, Ferret, entropic, icarus and noob in the mix!

Heh, you're probably overestimating my roster and the time I have available to make the bracket competitive. I know that as it stands, I can't sustain a 1300+ average to compete for the no.1 spot. Would still love to finish 2-5 but my final roster placing is going to depend on whether I can hit the season average benchmark that I have set for myself.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    Come on evil son goku, you couldn't have waited and extra couple of seconds for me to shield before you got that hit in. That's what I get for trying to squeeze in a few extra pts from an 85 mn mags

Sorry arogantb, I was just trying to get as many matches in as I could in my charge and again got into a bubble where only the same group came up even with skips. Hope you still hit your target score.

Meh, I was just trying to get a few matches in before re shielding. I'm up like 300 on third but there's a player with a weak 5b spidey that's slowly creeping up. Not sure why no ones hitting them. They don't have anyone above 105. Oh well, I should get my 3 mag covers, all that matters
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OK, north of 800 it's mostly crazies.
    I really wonder why the 'cutoff' for those MMR bubbles seems to fluctuate that much from tourney to tourney, something must be getting tweaked somewhere.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    OK, north of 800 it's mostly crazies.
    I really wonder why the 'cutoff' for those MMR bubbles seems to fluctuate that much from tourney to tourney, something must be getting tweaked somewhere.

I think it's just where the crazies settle. When they're all higher more "normies" can get higher before reaching them which in turn boosts all scores.

Also, if anyone wouldn't mind hitting sandhi marvel I'd appreciate it

Edit: and boom they got hit! Muhahaha
  • i'm shielded at 970 if anyone has me in queue or on retal... sorry for not posting hours ago :/. free points, no retals.

I don't see anyone i recognize in my bracket, so i'm hoping i have enough to get me an IW, but i need the cmag covers badly regardless.