Doctor's orders Apr 25-27 season 1

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    No answer from an actual human being here, yet.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    To reiterate, it's NOT unfair that everyone else besides 1st placers didn't get Falcon covers. Sure, everyone would push for 1st if they knew about the glitch, but that's it, it's a glitch. There's nothing unfair about it, think of it as getting a small fortune out of the blue because your distant relative remembered how well you were treating their cats back when you were 12.
    Demanding the same rewards is kinda silly. This game is about progression, sure, and the most developed rosters advance faster, but if you already have a developed 3* roster, it's doubtful you desperately NEED those Falcon covers (hey! cMags is actually better in that regard). If you don't you probably wouldn't have placed 1st.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    One thing I noticed before the post event score vanished from my events tab is that immediately after the event I was 1st out of 501 and today the number was 499 - I imagine this to mean that 2 players got sandboxed - kudos to demiurge for keeping this game as cheater free as possible.
  • Also got confused by the Falcon covers. Reported myself but no answer yet.
  • locked wrote:
    To reiterate, it's NOT unfair that everyone else besides 1st placers didn't get Falcon covers. Sure, everyone would push for 1st if they knew about the glitch, but that's it, it's a glitch. There's nothing unfair about it, think of it as getting a small fortune out of the blue because your distant relative remembered how well you were treating their cats back when you were 12.
    Demanding the same rewards is kinda silly. This game is about progression, sure, and the most developed rosters advance faster, but if you already have a developed 3* roster, it's doubtful you desperately NEED those Falcon covers (hey! cMags is actually better in that regard). If you don't you probably wouldn't have placed 1st.

Its unfair to leave it alone. Either the people who got falcons through a glitch lose them & get any iso refunded (the developers know how much levels cost & have the ability to reset anyone's count) or everyone who got cmag gets a falcon as well.
    Trying to justify why its fair to keep a mistaken cover really shows the the advantage that it is. None of you earned those covers from winning. You earned a green xforce for winning, which you also received.
    and yes its a glitch. They happen. It is up to the developers to fix that ASAP. If they have to give out free game resources to fix it, so be it. If they have to remove ill gotten gains, so be it as well. But they have to do something. The devs should speak to this problem and not just act like nothing happened, because if thats the case, then we are playing for people who either just want money or are too lazy to care about their product. I am pretty sure that's not the case, so I firmly expect them to resolve this soon (which probably explains why there is no new game news btw)
    The last thing I have to say about this is the following question...
    How would the winners have felt if #2-5 or 6-10 had received the falcons as a glitch w their cmag? Would they still think it's fair? I think we all know how to answer that
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    then we are playing for people who either just want money or are too lazy to care about their product.

But you said it bud. If the devs wanted to do anything about the glitch, they would have at least made an announcement already, or maybe I'm giving them too much credit here.
  • locked wrote:
    then we are playing for people who either just want money or are too lazy to care about their product.

But you said it bud. If the devs wanted to do anything about the glitch, they would have at least made an announcement already, or maybe I'm giving them too much credit here.

I am in this camp that the devs dont want to do anythng about it since I guess they dont have a reliable way to remove characters form peoples rosters server side. The other operations would appear to be just simple data base queries to find out what they need to send to the player (falcon covers minus the two wrong ones + ISO replacement for current level of Falcon + 2 cMags rewards)
  • I believe ****-ups in businesses always inevitably happen and in most cases, the business will usually step up and give something bigger to make up for it. We have also seen D3 making good on such ****-ups on a smaller scale. I've read on plenty of threads in the forum where the CS gave covers or HP/ISO away in response to a ticket. I call these good customer service.

I do not think of how this is unfair for me when someone get extra's just because. If they can sucker extra's from CS, then kudos to them. In short, is it fair if D3 decides to give extra covers to them encountering the glitch? Of course not. But life itself is unfair and I leave you with something I saw in 9gag today.

a1A8ZRG_700b.jpg
  • I got the glitched rewards, so I checked the forum to see if there's something being done about it. A lot of the discussion seems to revolve around the idea that I got some huge unfair advantage in this game, and everyone else deserves some sort of compensation. I've been trying for a long time to build my C. Mags. In the nearly four months that I've been playing, there have been 3 events, including this one, that offered C. Mags as a reward. However, when I'm finally ready to finish building this character that I've been working so hard for, I instead get a character that's about to have a flood of covers awarded and still won't be usable for over a month.

I don't see how all the people who weren't effected by this glitch feel like they are the ones that got cheated somehow.
  • Conundrum, you should file a ticket right away. I don't think there's any question that the people who received glitched Falcons but want C Mags will absolutely be able to get the C Mags covers awarded from D3. The question is will D3 take away the Falcon covers, or if not, will they offer the opportunity for everyone who won C Mags covers to trade them for Falcon covers themselves.

EDIT: And the players not affected by the glitch who feel cheated are exclusively people who finished their C Mags long ago, I imagine (like myself).

EDIT 2: I think some or all of the devs may be away at some convention (c2e2?). Ice hasn't been on the forum since Sunday.
  • I got the glitched rewards, so I checked the forum to see if there's something being done about it. A lot of the discussion seems to revolve around the idea that I got some huge unfair advantage in this game, and everyone else deserves some sort of compensation. I've been trying for a long time to build my C. Mags. In the nearly four months that I've been playing, there have been 3 events, including this one, that offered C. Mags as a reward. However, when I'm finally ready to finish building this character that I've been working so hard for, I instead get a character that's about to have a flood of covers awarded and still won't be usable for over a month.

I don't see how all the people who weren't effected by this glitch feel like they are the ones that got cheated somehow.

Because as time goes on, the game evens out, so one of the few ways to really get an "advantage" in this game is to have more covers for a new character early, when that character tends to be featured in PvP and PvE. Getting 2500 HP of covers instead of 1000 iso of covers isn't an incredible advantage, but it is definitely an advantage
  • gamar wrote:
    I got the glitched rewards, so I checked the forum to see if there's something being done about it. A lot of the discussion seems to revolve around the idea that I got some huge unfair advantage in this game, and everyone else deserves some sort of compensation. I've been trying for a long time to build my C. Mags. In the nearly four months that I've been playing, there have been 3 events, including this one, that offered C. Mags as a reward. However, when I'm finally ready to finish building this character that I've been working so hard for, I instead get a character that's about to have a flood of covers awarded and still won't be usable for over a month.

Because as time goes on, the game evens out, so one of the few ways to really get an "advantage" in this game is to have more covers for a new character early, when that character tends to be featured in PvP and PvE. Getting 2500 HP of covers instead of 1000 iso of covers isn't an incredible advantage, but it is definitely an advantage

There's no 'advantage' involved here unless you also say someone who has more time to put into a lightning round has an advantage.

It's a glitch, end of story, my 2/2/2 falcon will still get killed in 1 shot as would my 1/1/2 falcon and I don't see myself putting iso into him much beyond whatever the next pve requires since he's still a sub-par support character.

I was 1 cmag away from maxing him so I put in a ticket because I'd rather have the cover I earned then the glitch cover if I had to decide. And for all the people who think it's some advantage worth whining about, you're wasting your breath. I don't think you're going to win or lose any of these events based on one yellow and one blue falcon cover nor will the difference in levels be a deciding factor in any match.

Support will fix the issue and at the very least give the people who earned those cmag covers their cmag covers even if it means lucky free falcon. After all how many people got a 'glitched' event pack that actually gave you the cover you wanted at a huge 10% or whatever the rate is? Everyone knows those are really only supposed to give daken/bullseye/bagman
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    My 2c for what it's worth:

They're not going to take away stuff that's already been given out - too much hassle for too little impact.

I was looking forward to the Mags covers to bring mine to 5/2/2, but there is a Blue Mags due for me in a couple of weeks from the Daily supply, so I can live with 4/1/2 until that comes in.

I expect that if I put a ticket in that they would (eventually) send me the missing Mags covers ... but, I feel that in light of my first point, my ending up with /both/ sets of covers isn't right, so I'm not planning to do that.

TL;DR - meh, lot of fuss over very little IMO.
  • Feyda
    Feyda Posts: 105
    I put my ticket in that same day and I haven't heard a response. As others have said, if you participate heavily in the PVE you will probably max your falcon power cards in the next month or so naturally. I actually NEED the C.Mag cards since hes a character I plan on using. I don't really care if they take my falcon covers back but I do want my C.Mags, he was my main motivation for playing this last tourney icon_e_smile.gif
  • Feyda wrote:
    I put my ticket in that same day and I haven't heard a response. As others have said, if you participate heavily in the PVE you will probably max your falcon power cards in the next month or so naturally. I actually NEED the C.Mag cards since hes a character I plan on using. I don't really care if they take my falcon covers back but I do want my C.Mags, he was my main motivation for playing this last tourney icon_e_smile.gif

same for me basically, the C.Mags covers would have cover maxed him for me. I havnt submitted a ticket yet, need to decide how much I care first icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ice is now back and posting. I'm hoping for some sort of official word on FalconGate soon.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got my Magneto covers a few minutes ago. Support hasn't answered but there you go, looks like those who finished first will get their Magneto covers. Falcon covers are still there.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    I just got my Magneto covers a few minutes ago. Support hasn't answered but there you go, looks like those who finished first will get their Magneto covers. Falcon covers are still there.

Same just happened to me. I never even put in a ticket.
  • DuckyV wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Some people are about to get very mad.
  • DuckyV wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Ditto. Didn't ticket. Just got my CMags x 2.